Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wannabewiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I am looking at one of these. It is a simple, 3/4 size, home-use pin. The catch is that my wife grew up with one of these in her childhood home so it has some sentimental value.
Seller says the score display lights up but does not keep score. It does change randomly though. It looks like there is only one circuit board on this pin. Any ideas on what the repair may entail? I am Hoping it may just be electronic components rather than an entire new board so I can keep cost down.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from wannabewiz:

The catch is that my wife grew up with one of these in her childhood home

Did she end up with phobia of creepy clowns?

#3 10 years ago

No, but oddly enough, I did.

I don't care for the machine because I know it is the reason that she often threatens my grand champion scores on TZ, TS, and JD. She grew up playing that thing!
However, she does have a birthday coming up and I know she would like to see this little "toy pin" in the collection. The guy is already asking too much though so I need to get an idea of what the repair may cost.

Looking at it tonight in a couple of hours so thanks in advance for any thoughts.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks for info. We decided to pass. Interesting 1977 "pin" though since it literally is in mint condition. Looks like it is brand new except for the score not working. Just too much of a toy pin that wouldn't get played so the nostalgia didn't justify it to darling wife.

If anyone ever wanted one of these for some reason, there is likely no better unit out there condition wise. He even has a spare circuit board. It is springfield, mo CL and eBay but is local pickup only.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wico-big-top-random-score-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.