You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1AD2459A-9825-45F2-AE8C-DB443CC65200 (resized).jpeg
D840BCB4-23FB-4AEA-A01E-963653DB6EEC (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi guys,

I need to pick the brain of you pinsiders. I have a wico af-tor I’m bringing back to life and it’s basicaly there except for a display issue I’m having it appears that the millions place is faintly on on every display. When you actually score a million or have text go thru it there is not change just curious if anyone has any idea what s causing it??

I added a video to explain I noticed in the video I said ones place it’s the millions place that’s the issue.

D840BCB4-23FB-4AEA-A01E-963653DB6EEC (resized).jpegD840BCB4-23FB-4AEA-A01E-963653DB6EEC (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

Did you try only one display at a time? Could be only one is affecting them all if the issue is on a common data line. I would check for broken solder joints where the glass solders to the board and where a male board connector that a wired connector would plug into.

Basically looks like the same type of broken solder joints I see many times on older Bally/Stern SS games.

#3 5 years ago

Ok so the way this display system is setup is you can take off either player 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. When I removed the player 2 and 4 board the problem disappeared. No cracked solder on 2/4 player board. I still reflowed anyway with no change in results the resistors check out fine. I’m guessing it’s one of the four ic’s on that player 2&4 board.

1AD2459A-9825-45F2-AE8C-DB443CC65200 (resized).jpeg1AD2459A-9825-45F2-AE8C-DB443CC65200 (resized).jpeg

#4 5 years ago

Ok display issue solved the problem was one of the 6118a Chile needed replacing. Now I’m having an issue with it resetting randomly during gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,234 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wico-af-tor-display-issue- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.