(Topic ID: 271044)

The one i should chose ? TMNT or Hot Wheels ?

By beastmaster1981

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I should buy ”

• TMNT PRO 26 votes
      16%
    • HOT WHEELS 42 votes
      26%
    • Wait and see the new JJP 51 votes
      31%
    • TMNT Premium 29 votes
      18%
    • Keep my money and wait 2025 new game 15 votes
      9%

(163 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Hi everybody,

A lot of hesitation after the stream from Jack on the hotwheels !

For Hotwheels :
    A lot for the money, artblades, backglass (a real), build quality seems better than stern. Games looks cool but no physical lock ...

For TMNT PRO :

The pizza spinning disc !!! 3 ramps and a physical locks. But poor build quality (perhaps not this one but the others...).

Can you give me your opinion to chose the best for me and my family (three kids 9-7-5 years old)

Thanks

(My pinball actually : POTC stern, batman 66 premium, Fire, RFM).

#2 3 years ago

I think u should play all of them then decide which u like the best, who cares what anyone else thinks? As for the build quality crap? its just that. Crap. Now considering the age of ur kids I doubt GnR will excite them but who knows. Wait and play them all then make a choice. Good day to u sir.

#3 3 years ago

TMNT pro because that’s what I’m choosing. Do what I do!

#4 3 years ago

I definitely recommend you buy Hotwheels. It looks incredible. Everyone who’s played it says it’s very fun for experienced as well as inexperienced players. I own a Houdini and a JJP POTC. While POTC is a great game, I can attest to Houdini being a much better built machine. When you factor in the higher price tag of JJP games and the below average price of a NIB Hotwheels, I’d say Hotwheels is a much better deal...especially where you have young kids. As far as Sterns are concerned, I’m disgusted with their poor build quality and won’t buy new Sterns.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I think u should play all of them then decide which u like the best, who cares what anyone else thinks?

THIS ^^^

But seeing he asked, I had said TMNT Pro. But that was just because I forgot that Dwight programmed it. So that changes my vote to "Wait for 2021" to see what comes out.

Why do I say that? Because I can step up to a Lyman game and play it many different ways. Lyman writes multi-dimensional games. There always seems to be a path that fits what mood I'm in. I can play a bash game, I can play a "do this thing over and over", I can play a complex strategic game. All of those can be done on the same pinball machine. I really like that. Whereas with a Dwight game, there tends to be a complex path that overrules any other type of game. It just isn't balanced... and when he tries to balance them, he nerfs all the fun out of them. So I'd wait to see what is next.

#6 3 years ago

Dwight worried me too as I wasn't into Star Wars or Munsters rules but I really like how these rules are laid out.

Random modes with hurry ups and foot combos that stack on top. If you want multi-dimensional you will be able to pick a different turtle every time. Kids want a Multi-Ball then they can pick Donatello and one shot gets a MB. The turtles are different but I can understand them at a glance unlike PotC or SW.

I am very excited about the rules as they seem like Dwight listened and adjusted what people didn't like about GB, GoT, and SW.

I am not excited about mashing the button to eat pizza though...

#7 3 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

Very difficult to play this pinball in France especially where I am (there is a munster and a gotg and a got thats all).
    Hotwheels will never be near me , perhaps tmnt.

So I ve to ask for helping to chose

If jjp is toy story i ll go for but Gnr will be an adult rating pinball

Thanks everybody

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from beastmaster1981:

Very difficult to play this pinball in France especially where I am (there is a munster and a gotg and a got thats all).

Still my friend, to quote Archie Bunker "one mans goose is another mans gander" Watch the gameplay videos then decide. Good Luck

#9 3 years ago

Which company needs your money more?

#10 3 years ago

Hi,
    Thanks for the answer.
    So I ve to ask for helping to chose
    If jjp is toy story i ll go for but Gnr will be an adult rating pinball
    Thanks everybody

If you think TMNT will be on route "near" you, then maybe go hotwheels as you can play TMNT else where. Since they aren't common near you, do you think both will hold their value well? I don't buy games because of return but some do.

#11 3 years ago

If I was picking one for someone else to buy, since neither interest me, I'd pick Hot Wheels. Simply because I'd rather see American Pinball get support during this tough time for pinball, and because I think Joe and Josh are super rock solid on the game code front. I'd never worry about code depth or completion with one of their games.

#12 3 years ago

GNR is coming!!!

#13 3 years ago

Hot Wheels

GNR is not going to be anywhere near the price range of these others, either.

#14 3 years ago

Which ever one you think sucks the least.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Hot Wheels

Which is why it will be the most packed.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Hot Wheels

They aren't that far apart in the US, I have no idea about France. I would still choose based on gameplay.

TMNT Pro 5700 with free shipping
    Hot Wheels 6300 plus shipping I think
    GNR Standard 7500 plus shipping I think

Edit: I'm just assuming the same pricing structure as Wonka.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from Waxx:

I'm just assuming the same pricing structure as Wonka.

I am assuming JJP will also be raising pricing on this next model. My guess is closer to 8k than 7500.

#18 3 years ago

Hi everybody;

In France the price is (tax included) :

TMNT PRO 6560 euros (7400 dollars)
    Hotwheels near 7300 euros (8230 dollars) (not sure of the price but deutschland have this price so..)
    JJP Wonka for example standard near 8500 euros (9592 dollars)

In Europe we have two years warranty and this is a good point for all.

#19 3 years ago

I would buy every pinball machine, but that's just me... On this decision I went with a TMNT LE surprisingly enough (I rarely ever buy anything outside of the world of horror games). I just love the art package on it. Zombie Yeti is on fire with his style incorporated into these games...

#20 3 years ago

Tmnt pro because when playing you can say COWABUNGA.

#21 3 years ago

Hi everybody;
    In France the price is (tax included) :
    TMNT PRO 6560 euros (7400 dollars)
    Hotwheels near 7300 euros (8230 dollars) (not sure of the price but deutschland have this price so..)
    JJP Wonka for example standard near 8500 euros (9592 dollars)
    In Europe we have two years warranty and this is a good point for all.

Wow. I’d own zero new pinball machines if I lived in France.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow. I’d own zero new pinball machines if I lived in France.

Hi Chuckwurt,
    Yes price are high but it's imported with 20% VAT included. And need a conversion for AC to 220V and 50HZ.

Thanks all

#23 3 years ago

I watched some of the Danger Hot Wheels and it actually looked kinda cool.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wich-one-should-i-chose-tmnt-or-hot-wheels- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.