Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4507 (resized).JPG
    0E8298EF-98EB-43C0-A867-79D6A11555AD (resized).jpeg
    Image.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
    2020-11-29 19.40.20 (resized).jpg
    2020-11-29 19.40.00 (resized).jpg
    D1A65AFC-B397-4C68-876A-7369179B6EC7 (resized).jpeg
    0f2ee75ee3639e1ae9a09584f0e224703c2421a1.jpg
    42d84a6145dcc45d85a95b0ced22e39a.png
    Bluespinwheel (resized).jpg
    44108633_10205125194605306_4078803739475968000_o (resized).jpg
    big ern (resized).png
    Seeburg220 (resized).jpg
    There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

I’ve always been curious as to why people choose the names of their Pinside handles. Mine (Honey Badger) came from a nickname a few of my buddies gave me. What’s the story behind your handle?

#2 3 years ago

I was a computer science major in college. Some of us picked names of lizards to name our computers / use as a network handle - I chose ‘skink’.

#3 3 years ago

Someone else already had JeffZ

#4 3 years ago

Many years ago a few friends said “ this is the ultimate game room, it’s like Dave and Busters but the games, food, beer and liquor are all free!”

#5 3 years ago

Chuck - nick name from high school

Wurt - family nick name (last name Wurtenberger)

Chuckwurt was my AIM handle back in 00-01. Kept it for everything online since.

#6 3 years ago

I mash pins!

#7 3 years ago

I was (am) a huge mark for Dean Malenko. Unfortunately people think its a Milenko / Insane Clown Posse reference and that makes me sad.

#8 3 years ago

Sunn amplifiers + RAT distortion pedal.

#9 3 years ago

icanswim derived from a 10 year career as a paid professional swimmer, and 70 was for my grandfather who passed away at 70. Has been my online handle for about a decade now!

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

I was (am) a huge mark for Dean Malenko. Unfortunately people think its a Milenko / Insane Clown Posse reference and that makes me sad.

I only know one malenko and it’s Dean. I was a huge wrestling fan in 99-02 or so and he was my favorite.

#11 3 years ago

Sataneatscheese

Huge Weird Al fan here. Remember back in the day there were all sorts of controversies and rumors about bands putting subliminal and satanic messages in their music? Weird Al parodied this and put funny messages in a few of his songs when played backwards. In particular his "Nature Trail To Hell" song plays "Satan Eats Cheese Wiz" when played backwards.

12 year old me thought this was hilarious, and when I chose my first usernames, I used this. This became my throwaway user name over the years. I had to register for an account on pinside to ask a question, and used my old throwaway. I was not planning to tumble this far down the pinball rabbit hole, but I don't think any of us were. I'd change my name on here to something else, but in a forum that deals with buying and selling, reputation is important, so I have not changed my username nor have I changed my avatar since joining.

Here is the Weird Al reference.

#12 3 years ago

I needed a user name back in the ‘90s. I was sitting at a desk and saw a Krupps brand coffee maker. Bam. Krupps was my user name and it’s lasted ever since.

#13 3 years ago

Looks like 3 others have had the Krupps epiphany as well. Haha

#14 3 years ago

I’m wacky

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Looks like 3 others have had the Krupps epiphany as well. Haha

And I thought I was being so random and original! Wonder what their stories are...hopefully all named after the coffee maker.

#16 3 years ago

I would say lack of originality combined with recently reading Ernest Cline's book when I signed up. Never had an online name before and I agree with @sataneatscheese, wasn't necessarily planning on being as active on the site as I am at the time.

#17 3 years ago

Well, mtn is a abbreviation of the handle I used back in the Commodore 64 pirate days..

#19 3 years ago

My name is Elliott and have always been a easy/chill guy...
    Friend in high school starting calling me easye and this has always been my nickname
    Also group of friends of mine all had AIM screen names ending in 9901...
    No meaning to the 9901, we just thought it was cool

#20 3 years ago

I never got into screen names or handles.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I never got into screen names or handles.

Things like that don't matter when you get to a certain age.

#22 3 years ago

Every time my boys won any type of game they will say I got a Dub
    So every time I beat them at basketball or a video game I will tell them Iam papa dubs because all I do is win

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

When did screen names/handles become popular? Early 80's during the video game era?

I was 25 in 1980 and building my first house. Never got into gaming or had time for it.

#24 3 years ago

42 year career field printer service engineer . Field service is a ongoing sea of negatively . Having positive outlook key to getting best possible results with lifes issues .

Enjoy your day Shane

#25 3 years ago

Beechwood is my favorite camping section in Ludington State Park.

#26 3 years ago

I was bored and decided to check out the sight. It was meant as a temporary name thinking I could change it later on.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

When did screen names/handles become popular? Early 80's during the video game era?
    I was 25 in 1980 and building my first house. Never got into gaming or had time for it.

Same age as Bryan so also never had a video game handle. Jenk = first letters of last name plus 540i = one of the best cars I ever owned.

#28 3 years ago

I like tuna.

#29 3 years ago

Anagram of my real first name.

#30 3 years ago

My avatar is a picture of our Persian pinball cat from the country of Oman. Sometimes we have to block off the pinball room when he gets feisty, as he will jump up on the machines relentlessly to chase the ball around.

The name Ockey is a nick-name I sometimes call my wife. The cat's name is Oman.

#31 3 years ago

Reading sword and sorcery stories in the USAF during Vietnam,the stories of Count Brass in the chronicles of Castle Brass,Dorian Van Hawkmoon was the main hero, and I also had that handle during the 70s cb radio craze!!!

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

AOL in the 90s, I think. And hey!...I'm with you on this one.

#33 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Sataneatscheese
    Huge Weird Al fan here. Remember back in the day there were all sorts of controversies and rumors about bands putting subliminal and satanic messages in their music? Weird Al parodied this and put funny messages in a few of his songs when played backwards. In particular his "Nature Trail To Hell" song plays "Satan Eats Cheese Wiz" when played backwards.
    12 year old me thought this was hilarious, and when I chose my first usernames, I used this. This became my throwaway user name over the years. I had to register for an account on pinside to ask a question, and used my old throwaway. I was not planning to tumble this far down the pinball rabbit hole, but I don't think any of us were. I'd change my name on here to something else, but in a forum that deals with buying and selling, reputation is important, so I have not changed my username nor have I changed my avatar since joining.
    Here is the Weird Al reference.

Since you are on Pinside quite often I was curious to why your user name was so shockingly silly. I pictured you as possibly a guy w/ a pointed goatee & wearing an upside down cross around your neck, etc. Anyhow, good to know that another Pinsider isn't going to be abducted then sacrificed when they pick up a machine from you.

#34 3 years ago

#35 3 years ago

hehe

#36 3 years ago

So you’re not a doorbell man, then?

#37 3 years ago

Been running since my first race when I was 5 years old and still to this day up at 430AM many days and still running up to 100 miles a week.

#38 3 years ago

I have a big nose like a toucan and I flew F-16s in the Air Force.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Try releasing copyrighted material on BBSes during the 90s using your real name..

#40 3 years ago

Bought my first jukebox 20 years ago, a 1959 Seeburg model 220. It was the first stereo jukebox produced.

Seeburg220 (resized).jpgSeeburg220 (resized).jpg
    #41 3 years ago

From Baltimore (B-More) & I like Pinball

#42 3 years ago

My family has been in the beer distribution business, primarily Anheuser-Busch, for 72 years.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from Budman:

My family has been in the beer distribution business, primarily Anheuser-Busch, for 72 years.

I'll bet you have some old Bud neon signs around the old man-cave worth a good bit!!

#45 3 years ago

mine's a play on one of my favorite Bill Murray characters, using my last name 'Ehrlich'.

big ern (resized).pngbig ern (resized).png
    #46 3 years ago

My screen name is synonymous with the sound of me playing any pinball table.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Try releasing copyrighted material on BBSes during the 90s using your real name..

I was making fun of Bryan_Kelly being older than dirt.

#48 3 years ago

Monty Python fan

What's brown and sounds like a bell?

#49 3 years ago

My initials

#50 3 years ago

I collected transformers for many 20 years and always love the character Blackzarak

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-your-pinside-name?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.