Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4507 (resized).JPG
    0E8298EF-98EB-43C0-A867-79D6A11555AD (resized).jpeg
    Image.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
    2020-11-29 19.40.20 (resized).jpg
    2020-11-29 19.40.00 (resized).jpg
    D1A65AFC-B397-4C68-876A-7369179B6EC7 (resized).jpeg
    0f2ee75ee3639e1ae9a09584f0e224703c2421a1.jpg
    42d84a6145dcc45d85a95b0ced22e39a.png
    Bluespinwheel (resized).jpg
    44108633_10205125194605306_4078803739475968000_o (resized).jpg
    big ern (resized).png
    Seeburg220 (resized).jpg
    There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

My wife and I caught pinball fever a few years ago.
    While driving to Pinfest in Allentown, my wife discovered Pinside on her phone and said this site is great!! She signed up as "CrazyPinballGirl."
    "I guess I'll be, CrazyPinballGuy then," I said.
    Almost 3 years later, she's probably been on Pinside, 5 or 6 times ever.
    I'm on Pinside more than that in one day.
    Now, who's crazier?

That’s a funny story!

#152 3 years ago

Mine looks self-explanatory, but there is more going on than meets the eye.

Elvis (whose birthday I share) always half mumbled "thankyouverymuch."

However, that is not Elvis in my avatar, it's Andy Kaufman, doing his excellent Elvis impersonation.

You may remember the gag, where his timid foreigner character would do bad impersonations, followed by the killer Elvis one, and after each, meekly saying "tengyouveddymuch."

That meek voice is what I hear internally when I parse my username. I wish everyone could hear it, since I've had reactions before where it seems they think for some reason that I think my every utterance deserves applause. Hardly!

...just most of the time!

#153 3 years ago

I knew Elvis was alive!

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gort:

One of my favorite movies. You know the one

Ironically, on the other site I use my screen name at, the forum mods are known as "Gorts" and are addressed as such by all there.

2 months later
    #155 3 years ago

I'm a long-time Miami Dolphins fan. Back in the day I needed a user name for website forums. Mostly automobile repair and fishing related forums. I stuck with DanMarino, my favorite QB of all time. I'm still using it now that I'm hooked on pinball machines.

#156 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the HBO series Rome. The character Titus Pullo always cracked me up.

0E8298EF-98EB-43C0-A867-79D6A11555AD (resized).jpeg0E8298EF-98EB-43C0-A867-79D6A11555AD (resized).jpeg
    #157 3 years ago

I started using "Medisinyl" ages ago when creating a priest class character in Everquest. Just the "metal band" style of spelling medicinal (which is an ugly looking word IMO...I fixed it for my preference ).

Guess it stuck as I've used it for many games since, and this forum.

#158 3 years ago

Western WA is slug country.Specifically Banana slugs(up to 9-10 inches)And Slug master was taken for some odd reason>IMG_4507 (resized).JPGIMG_4507 (resized).JPG

#159 3 years ago

Have a large tattoo of a demon on my right calf... Chose that name back when I used to play Counter Strike competetively 20 years ago and have used it since on everything.

I have a tattoo of a large Celtic cross on my left calf, but Calfcross just doesn't have the same ring to it... Lol

#160 3 years ago

Its what my parents named me...

#161 3 years ago
    Quoted from DanMarino:

I'm a long-time Miami Dolphins fan. Back in the day I needed a user name for website forums. Mostly automobile repair and fishing related forums. I stuck with DanMarino, my favorite QB of all time. I'm still using it now that I'm hooked on pinball machines.

Damn, I though Dan the man was a pinball fan.

#162 3 years ago

NicToria......Nick & Victoria..... Old neighbors got tired of always saying both... so one day they combined and it just stuck.. 20 some years ago. .. Just kept using it all this time..

1 week later
    #163 3 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Its what my parents named me...

Yep, Sputnik is what Dad called me.

#164 3 years ago

Jack Kurt Suzie...I'm Kurt

#165 3 years ago

I grew up riding a big wheel in a very poor section of the south side of Syracuse New York. There was one kid in my neighborhood whose parents were well off had a green machine which was an expensive big wheel. I always wish I had one. Later in life I raced go-karts at the Waterford Speedbowl in Connecticut. I painted it green and my number was 19. I selected 19 to help me remember my wedding anniversary. GreenMachine19. Kind of rhymes also.

#166 3 years ago

I've been a bass player for 30 years and I played and toured in a band called "Q" from 00-17'. Previous to "Q" I played for another band that was on the soundtrack to a movie called "Lowball" that starred Everlast and during filming he gifted us his leather "187" vest and we used that as part of our gimmick after that so that number has been part of a couple different incarnations of screen names over the years including here, KLOV & local arcade sites, etc....

#167 3 years ago

My sister started calling me Minishark when I was in law school.

#168 3 years ago

I started with my usual forum and personal nickname Nutty but changed it to my real name. I was having a hard time getting people on here to trust when I started out so this helped.

#169 3 years ago

Well I was a submarine sailor in the US Navy and we called ourselves bubbleheads which is really a durogatory name surface warfare pukes gave us, but we embraced it just to piss them off. I dropped the extra "B" because IRC chat handles used to only allow 9 characters max back in the early days. It also gets people to ask why it's misspelled all the time and I get to tell them this story.

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Well I was a submarine sailor in the US Navy and we called ourselves bubbleheads which is really a durogatory name surface warfare pukes gave us, but we embraced it just to piss them off. I dropped the extra "B" because IRC chat handles used to only allow 9 characters max back in the early days. It also gets people to ask why it's misspelled all the time and I get to tell them this story.

Here I am, thinking it was because you are a huge fan of Michael Buble.

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:Well I was a submarine sailor in the US Navy and we called ourselves bubbleheads which is really a durogatory name surface warfare pukes gave us, but we embraced it just to piss them off. I dropped the extra "B" because IRC chat handles used to only allow 9 characters max back in the early days. It also gets people to ask why it's misspelled all the time and I get to tell them this story.

Submarines is why I’m trapped in Groton, CT. Fellow bubblehead. Thank you for your service!

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Submarines is why I’m trapped in Groton, CT. Fellow bubblehead. Thank you for your service!

Haha, Spent many a day/night in Groton during offcrew... on and off for about 4 years and 6 Strategic Deterrence patrols on the USS Andrew Jackson and one on the USS Will Rodgers. Part of the 44 for Freedom fleet and a Cold War veteran from the 80's. It is unfortunate that the Russians blew up Chernobyl in '86 but thats the reason I work writing code for a large national bank instead of working as a nuke reactor operator for the power companies. I got out of the Navy a few months after that and the civilian nuclear power industry was in a massive decline due to the accident. Stayed away from nuclear power ever since and now kind of glad I did. Radioactivity is not something you really want to be near on a long term basis, especially when being done for "profit" and running at 99% power all the time. The Navy knew how to do nuclear well, but even then they were not perfect.

#174 3 years ago

My name in reverse. The 1 was because at some point, the name was already taken somewhere ...

#175 3 years ago
    Quoted from noitbe1:

My name in reverse. The 1 was because at some point, the name was already taken somewhere ...

Well you are #1.

#176 3 years ago

It's my job.....

#177 3 years ago

I've owned a string of little British cars over the years including a TR3-A. Y'know what you call a British car that doesn't leak oil? Empty.

#178 3 years ago

Mine is because I’m a Neanderthal and pinside is the first and only social media I ever been on (picked a good one) .I just used my email but want to change it up how do I do this ?

#179 3 years ago

I used to roll with Koookeytheclown on PlayStation that’s who I am lmao .

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I just used my email but want to change it up how do I do this ?

You have to contact Robin...which is obviously a waste of everyone's time.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from oilspot:

Y'know what you call a British car that doesn't leak oil? Empty.

Too funny. Sounds like a Jeep Wrangler. The saying goes that all Jeeps "Mark their Spot"

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-your-pinside-name/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.