Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 181 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4507 (resized).JPG
    0E8298EF-98EB-43C0-A867-79D6A11555AD (resized).jpeg
    Image.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg
    2020-11-29 19.40.20 (resized).jpg
    2020-11-29 19.40.00 (resized).jpg
    D1A65AFC-B397-4C68-876A-7369179B6EC7 (resized).jpeg
    0f2ee75ee3639e1ae9a09584f0e224703c2421a1.jpg
    42d84a6145dcc45d85a95b0ced22e39a.png
    Bluespinwheel (resized).jpg
    44108633_10205125194605306_4078803739475968000_o (resized).jpg
    big ern (resized).png
    Seeburg220 (resized).jpg

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 3 years ago

My last name and the number of people in my family. I know it's not super cool, clever or anything like that. But I know that I've been using this since 1997, since that's the year my youngest was born.

Some other sites I use SYS64738 which might mean something to C64 users.

#102 3 years ago

I gave mine allot of thought.. maybe a 30 seconds or so.

#103 3 years ago

I’m one of the 3% of baseball fans up here that doesn’t root for the Cubs.

#104 3 years ago

One of my favorite video games as a child was Spyro the Dragon. My car plates say SPYRO and I have plans to build s pin based on the Spyro games. On every other platform my handle is Gopooalready. That one was created from playing Halo online where one of the others players kept saying that they really needed to poop, so I told them to just go poo already...

#105 3 years ago

Spider was my frist choice but it was taken. It's like I have 2 legs and 6 arms (8 legged spider) I'm into everything.

#106 3 years ago

Cantbfrank. Name is Frank and it is just a funny play on words.

#107 3 years ago

Quick Silver ----- obviously for pinball. Quick Silver is also a car reference and therefore the Shelby at the end of the name.

I love pinball and I love Shelby's so there ya go. QuickSilverShelby.

I am a bad man. A cargument in a pinball thread

QSS

#108 3 years ago
    Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Quick Silver ----- obviously for pinball. Quick Silver is also a car reference and therefore the Shelby at the end of the name.
    I love pinball and I love Shelby's so there ya go. QuickSilverShelby.
    I am a bad man. A cargument in a pinball thread
    QSS

Ironically enough you don’t own a Quicksilver pin...yet. When one comes up for sale on Pinside, I know that you’ll move quick...

#109 3 years ago

This is the same handle I use on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums (audiophile equipment/recordings discussions).

First part of the name obviously deals with audio, rest of it's a nod to the original Twilight Zone series reruns I obsessed on starting in the mid '80s.

#110 3 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Ironically enough you don’t own a Quicksilver pin...yet

Yes, I've always thought about that. Never had the chance to get one. Someday perhaps.

QSS

#111 3 years ago

Back in the early/mid 1980s our mainframe user id’s were assigned by taking the first four letters of our last name and first letter of first and middle names. I kept using the same handle ever since.

#112 3 years ago

Go Dawgs!

42d84a6145dcc45d85a95b0ced22e39a.png42d84a6145dcc45d85a95b0ced22e39a.png
    #113 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I just like to be straight up and honest when I'm dealing with someone when it comes to buying and selling a game (or anything else for that matter)

Including great t-shirts!

#114 3 years ago

Lock it down Judy..

#115 3 years ago

Because my name is Pete and i like pinball

#116 3 years ago

Because I can never come up with a good screen name. And Black Knight, T2, and Addams Family are the three pins I've loved the most over a long time playing.

#117 3 years ago

Bought my first (and probably last) new truck in 01 Ford Superduty Powerstroke. I've been using it almost everywhere ever since.

#118 3 years ago

Wife told me to use her name and she would be cool with our second NIB purchase, so yep...worked well. Bad pinball karma to change it, so left it alone for years.

#119 3 years ago

It’s a line from American Graffiti.

Richard Dreyfus’ character is held captive by a gang called the Pharaohs. After his abductors knock off a bunch of pinball machines the owners, members of the Moose Lodge, are relieved the punks are with him. They speak with him and remark, “Someday He’ll Make a Fine Moose!”

#120 3 years ago

I'm hung like a horse.

Not to brag

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

I like owls. My name is because of my avatar, my avatar is because of my name.

Once a week or so my wife and I hit the back Roads to get out of the house, looking for wildlife. Spotted this guy a couple months back. Unfortunately haven't seen one since.

0f2ee75ee3639e1ae9a09584f0e224703c2421a1.jpg0f2ee75ee3639e1ae9a09584f0e224703c2421a1.jpg
    #122 3 years ago

Swinks = from dutch Family name Swinkels

has been my nickname for over 40 years and registered business name for 20 years as well

#123 3 years ago

Back in the days that internet was starting to grow, you needed a nickname for bulletinboards.
    A name which would keep you unknown to others, incognito so to say.
    The letters "cog" is pronounced the same way as my last name "Koch".
    Now it was an easy step to make it "Inkochnito".
    I've had this name since the mid 90's.

#124 3 years ago

Because LTG was taken

#125 3 years ago

Favourite game as a kid. So it was easy choice.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

The letters "cog" is pronounced the same way as my last name "Koch".
    Now it was an easy step to make it "Inkochnito".

I never knew Inkochnito was pronounced incognito - very clever!

#127 3 years ago

Because my name is Rob... and I'm from the Netherlands

#128 3 years ago

I have no idea why my parents named me rezdog. Every time I asked they would just chuckle to themselves and tell me they love me and that I should just go outside and play with my friends or take our dog Dave for a walk. 30 years later and I still have no clue.

#129 3 years ago

it's my name why not use it?

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from Malenko:

I was (am) a huge mark for Dean Malenko. Unfortunately people think its a Milenko / Insane Clown Posse reference and that makes me sad.

Master of 1,000 holds!

#131 3 years ago

First time I saw star wars and darth vader at the theater it was a revelation.

Since then my tag in games has always been Darth Chris (Chris is my name)

#132 3 years ago
    D1A65AFC-B397-4C68-876A-7369179B6EC7 (resized).jpegD1A65AFC-B397-4C68-876A-7369179B6EC7 (resized).jpeg
    #133 3 years ago

I like vector arcade games

#134 3 years ago

First initial, last name, and occupation. It just stuck with me over the years for my usernames.

#135 3 years ago

My friend group has thrown a psychedelic party on an uninhabited island off the coast of Maine on the same weekend of the summer every year for almost 20 years. Imagine lord of the flies meets the electric kool-aid acid test, with anywhere between 10-100 people.

One year I was sitting by myself watching the horizon pulse when some people who were walking by stopped and stared at me with confused expressions after one of them yelled “What’s that?!” as she pointed at me. This caused me to enter an existential tail spin, mind dredging through the depths of what I was and was not, until she reached down and pulled a sandy, full size gherkin off the beach next to me. “ it’s a beach pickle” another in the group proclaimed. In that moment all of my cosmic questions were answered, and the beach pickle has been my spirit animal / internet handle ever since.

#136 3 years ago

Very boring: David Carter Randolph. And avatar, for a month a year, pinball takes a back seat to Christmas as I go all Clark Griswold on the neighborhood. This years:

2020-11-29 19.40.00 (resized).jpg2020-11-29 19.40.00 (resized).jpg2020-11-29 19.40.20 (resized).jpg2020-11-29 19.40.20 (resized).jpg
    #137 3 years ago

It's the same one I have used for decades on a snowmobile forum.

Indy comes from Polaris snowmobiles that I used to own that were Indy Trail, Indy 500 ect.

Bru is short for my name Bruce. Now you know. Cheers

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I never knew inkochnito was pronounced incognito - very clever!

Ya it's incognito so you wouldn't recognise it.

#139 3 years ago

I wasn’t aware that usernames could be cool when I joined. Yet another thing this site has taught me.

#140 3 years ago

My username is random. Just filled something to have a username at the time of registering

#141 3 years ago

I’m a manager for a material handling dealership (forklifts,aerial Lifts, etc.)
    So that’s why I started using Liftserv, short for lift truck service

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ya it's incognito so you wouldn't recognise it.

Lol

#143 3 years ago

All funny handles I could think of were already taken and I didn't wanted an ugly number suffix so I though "whats an unique name that noone should have taken already?" I played quite a lot of Magic The Gathering card game long ago and one of the cards names just popped up, Lhyrgoif.

Image.jpeg-1 (resized).jpgImage.jpeg-1 (resized).jpg

As it was about 20 years ago that I played MTG, I simply remembered parts of the name wrong but I didn't realize it until long after registration. Well, the typos doesn't bother me.

#144 3 years ago

Combination of shinny hockey and the beginning of my last name pronounced Italian-style...

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

All funny handles I could think of were already taken and I didn't wanted an ugly number suffix so I though "whats an unique name that noone should have taken already?" I played quite a lot of Magic The Gathering card game long ago and one of the cards names just popped up, Lhyrgoif.
    [quoted image]
    As it was about 20 years ago that I played MTG, I simply remembered parts of the name wrong but I didn't realize it until long after registration. Well, the typos doesn't bother me.

Neat!

#146 3 years ago

My favorite pinball manufacturer when I started playing in 1974 and is still to this day. I used to change my avatar to the next game I was searching to buy but now is me on my 50th birthday and covers whatever I bring home. High score initials are close but are a nod to Def Leppard.

#147 3 years ago

I wish there was a feature to change your pinside name.

#148 3 years ago

My wife and I caught pinball fever a few years ago.

While driving to Pinfest in Allentown, my wife discovered Pinside on her phone and said this site is great!! She signed up as "CrazyPinballGirl."

"I guess I'll be, CrazyPinballGuy then," I said.

Almost 3 years later, she's probably been on Pinside, 5 or 6 times ever.

I'm on Pinside more than that in one day.

Now, who's crazier?

#150 3 years ago

One of my favorite movies. You know the one

There are 181 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-your-pinside-name/page/3?hl=dcrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.