New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273257)

Why you sold your IMDN?

By colonel_caverne

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 81 days ago by kidchrisso
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200616_181957 (resized).jpg
20200616_182000 (resized).jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 months ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Guess I am in the minority here. I didn't like it at all. Can't remember which version it was (location game) but it just didn't do anything for me.
I am a metal lover at heart so I expected I would love it for the music alone but when I stood there and played it I was just "meh" and I honestly don't know why.
I've played lots of pinball titles and like most of them but IMDN was just not my cup of tea. My friend that isn't that much into pins but loves Iron Maiden was also very dissapointed. He played 3 balls then left for other pins beside it, stating he didn't like it.
Granted I didn't play more than four, maybe five times in a row so maybe it would have grown on me if I kept playing but when I had lots of other pins that I did like in the same room and IMDN failed to get my proper attention I just left it.

Don’t you think it is a little dumb to not know why you don’t like a game?

I respect your input, just seems odd.

#52 3 months ago
Quoted from Groo:

The only thing I miss on the pro from the premium is the underworld shot. Even though the ramp would get caught occasionally, it helped to put a little oil on it. It is easier to get that ball in the underworld than it is to get a good solid launch off the ramp. I finally sold my premium when the orb shot needed constant adjustments. Happy with the pro now.

What do you mean with « the orb shot needed constant adjustment »? What is going wrong with this mech?
Thanks

#53 3 months ago

Traded/sold my Pro to buy a Premium.

All mech's are fine on my "newbuilt" Premium. Had to loctite actuator and adjust switches on the newtonballs after i unboxed it, no problems after that.
Autoplunger hits the loop 110%, never seen it miss a singel ball.

Looks like Stern figured it out just when they stop making the titel....

#54 3 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What do you mean with « the orb shot needed constant adjustment »? What is going wrong with this mech?
Thanks

You should spend some time in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues

In a nutshell, these mechs are touchy and sometimes register when not hit and sometimes don't when they are hit. A good idea that wasn't perfected in my opinion. Another reason to go pro on a Maiden. Less worrisome.

#55 3 months ago

Are these modes really different from each others and challenging?

Yes! Two are mulitballs, all are distinct, and require skilled play for a major payoff. No easy points.

The 5 yellow triangles are kind of master of these shots? Red one?

Those are the power features. Complete all five for cyborg multiball (red triangle).

#56 3 months ago

First off, Maiden is a great game. I sold mine mainly because for me, the latter modes I felt like I was chopping wood collecting the eddie letters. The last couple modes getting up to two minutes to midnight is just hitting ramps over and over. Same with cyborg. If they did a retheme I would be all over it

#57 3 months ago
Quoted from Boat:

the latter modes I felt like I was chopping wood collecting the eddie letters. The last couple modes getting up to two minutes to midnight is just hitting ramps over and over.

That's one of the few aspects of the game I don't love, so I changed the setting to go straight into 2MTM without spelling Eddie again. That way only the 5th mode is a bit of a woodchop.

#58 3 months ago
Quoted from yancy:

That's one of the few aspects of the game I don't love, so I changed to setting to go straight into 2MTM without spelling Eddie again. That way only the 5th mode is a bit of a woodchop.

Great idea. I may do that too.

1 week later
#59 83 days ago

So bought it (will be at home next week)
I would like to know if there were some known issues and how to fix, particular set-up, and must have adds-on (mods or anything else)
Thanks

#60 83 days ago

I sold mine because I'm an idiot. I want it back!!!!!!! I really regret selling it.

#61 83 days ago

Selling it soon to help finance a roof.

Out of all the games i own, it will be the easiest by far to find and replace.

#62 83 days ago

I’ll buy it right now, hook it up.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Selling it soon to help finance a roof.
Out of all the games i own, it will be the easiest by far to find and replace.

#63 83 days ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I’ll buy it right now, hook it up.

Already being sold to a friend.

#64 82 days ago

Ah, figures.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Already being sold to a friend.

#65 82 days ago

To upgrade to a premium! Found a great deal and decided it was worth the extra.

#66 82 days ago

So bought it (will be at home next week)

Congrats man! I never grow tired of it. I can’t wait wait to hear your thoughts when you get it set up and playing.

#67 82 days ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I have bought and sold hundreds of pins. I have a route and flip a lot of games. Going to get my Maiden premium was the first time I was truly excited to get a game in a long time. When I tell people who know me how excited I was, they get excited. Most of them are bally/wms snobs and dont usually play Sterns.
On a side note. Spend the money for the ramp decals. 25 for short 35 for long at Tilt. These are the shorts on the pro I sold.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The decals are great. I installed a set on my Iron Maiden LE. Highly recommended.

I created a Blog Post and Video to document the installation :

Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2019/11/07/mods-tilt-graphics-iron-maiden-ramp-decals-overview-and-review-video/

Video :

#68 82 days ago

Had a Met Pro, very fun game and good shooter. After awhile it kinda became a wood chopping fest and sold it to make room. Don't really miss it. Currently have IMDN Pro and love it. I like Maiden more than JP, even though JP has more complex rules. Thinking about selling or trading IMDN Pro and upgrading to a premium/LE one of these days if one comes around. My Pro is pretty locked in and plays great, and the Premium/LE mechs can take some dialing in to make them reliable. Trying to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze on that. Metallica definitely has better music than IMDN, but the game play and rules on Maiden are preferable to me. That said, they are both some of the best titles Stern has made and you can't go wrong with either or both of them.

#69 82 days ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Had a Met Pro, very fun game and good shooter. After awhile it kinda became a wood chopping fest and sold it to make room. Don't really miss it. Currently have IMDN Pro and love it. I like Maiden more than JP, even though JP has more complex rules. Thinking about selling or trading IMDN Pro and upgrading to a premium/LE one of these days if one comes around. My Pro is pretty locked in and plays great, and the Premium/LE mechs can take some dialing in to make them reliable. Trying to decide if the juice is worth the squeeze on that. Metallica definitely has better music than IMDN, but the game play and rules on Maiden are preferable to me. That said, they are both some of the best titles Stern has made and you can't go wrong with either or both of them.

I sold my met prem coz i prefer the pro.
I was looking to buy an IMDN prem + met pro but i finally got an incredible opportunity to buy an IMDN LE nib! What i did.
I guess i could find later a Met pro that i really like (i kept some stuff like powerbladez and snake mod)

I decided to buy a maiden on the feeling of only a singles game played on pro. Got a blast to play it, very smooth shot. was afraid of 2 thinks: music (don’t know the band) and not being able with 4 flippers specially in MB.
Finally, music doesn’t bother me, the balance music/songs and callouts/sound effects is really much better than on Met for my ears. And thanks to pop-up post i can use The 4th flipper easier. I think this is what is challenging in the game more than tight shot

#70 82 days ago

I sold my IMDN Pro to get the funds I needed to buy JJP POTC. No regrets. Maiden is a cool game. I enjoyed it a lot. However, I think I would prefer the Premium as the Pro feels barren. Not a huge fan of the theme although I tolerated it. To me it feels more like a game I would rather play on location.

#71 82 days ago

Had the LE, sold it. Music is terrible at best, art on the LE does not jive between the cabinet, playfield and backglass, it's a hot mess.

Archer is way cooler of a theme...Stern F'ed it up...

Captive balls are also hot garbage in the game...they never worked right.

#72 82 days ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Had the LE, sold it. Music is terrible at best, art on the LE does not jive between the cabinet, playfield and backglass, it's a hot mess.
Captive balls are also hot garbage in the game...they never worked right.

I also prefer premium art. what i can’t understand is why Stern doesn’t also powder coat the coin door on LE.
Regarding the newton ball, i can’t understand why there are so many issues. Just a mech, not possible to dial in perfectly?
Never had any problem on my met pro.

#73 82 days ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Understand some of your points but curious
if theme is important, why did you purchase an LE?

#74 82 days ago

what i can’t understand is why Stern doesn’t also powder coat the coin door on LE.

One my friends does custom pinball powder coating. Coin doors are a pain. in. the. ass.

#75 82 days ago
Quoted from yancy:

One my friends does custom pinball powder coating. Coin doors are a pain. in. the. ass.

The problem is to get the powder of the game. Who is doing this for Stern?
I saw Backalley doing this so i guess they have the right color.

#76 81 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Understand some of your points but curious
if theme is important, why did you purchase an LE?

I loved the layout and how it plays...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside