• Latest reply 3 years ago by kidchrisso
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200616_181957 (resized).jpg
20200616_182000 (resized).jpg
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Hi there,
Back from pick-up my Met prem, i got the opportunity to play IM pro.
Just a word about Met, i’m not conviced about premium over pro. I like rgb and the grave. In other side, hammer and snake do nothing for me. I noticed hammer did not bother me about view but seems to block shooting donny with right hand (can you confirm?)
Back to IM
Just played one game but i really enjoyed it. So SMOOTH to shoot, all shots. Was a little afraid to not be able to use correctly the 4 flippers at 3 different stages, specially in MB, but it is OK (i guess it would be even better with practice).
I like the layout, It is unique, the left side looks like Aerosmith, just the ramp replace the loop. Pop-up post helps for using this 4th flipper. There is no difficult shot (maybe what i could complain a little). Art is amazing.
I didn’t understand what i shoot for, just following what was flashing/lighting so i could not say anything about code (just score over 300m on my only game so i had the time to really like it). even if the theme really does nothing for me, i think sound/music does bother me much less than Met.
How is the prem vs the pro? Do you consider the code is great (some update to come?)?
I also would like to know why some owner sold their game, as i think i can get some fair negative point about this game.
I played once a game (ST) at a show, bought it as l liked it and and hate it in my house. So don’t wanna make same mistake.
Maybe preTentious of my part as i’m just average player, but i didn’t feel big challenging shot to do. I don’t know if i was just on fire on my single game, so just a feeling.
Thoughts?
Thanks

#2 3 years ago

Just sold my LE after owning for about a year but have nothing negative to say - it’s a fantastic machine. I only sold because my space is limited, was anxious to try a couple new titles, and can easily pick up another one down the road. Can’t go wrong if you’re good with the theme/music. I never made it to the final wizard mode but otherwise the code is complete and very polished. The shots aren’t particularly tight but other than the center ramp wouldn’t call them easy. Hitting them from a cradle is one thing, but the code rewards combos, speed (modes are timed and need to be completed for really high scoring) and multiple loops become lightening fast.

PS - the acronym is IMDN

#3 3 years ago

I sold mine b/c I had to make room for Stranger Things and MM Royal coming and I was bursting at the seams. It came down to selling METLE or IMDN Premium. When push came to shove, while IMDN was objectively the more complex and better designed game, I have more fun playing MET. I much prefer Metallica music to Iron Maiden, but that really wasn’t a factor. I really, really like IMDN and would take another in an instant if I had the room. But I have sold games in the past that I instantly knew I made a mistake letting go. I haven’t had an itch to play IMDN yet since it left a couple months back.

#4 3 years ago

RE: MET - I love my Premium for many reasons - RGB lighting, spinners, enhanced snake, rising grave toy, etc., and last but not least, I absolutely LOVE the hammer too! One of the best and most unique toys in pinball! And no blocked view for me. Truly.

RE: IMDN - I love my IMDN LE and don't see it going anywhere for a long time. Great layout. Great rules. Great callouts. And ... I happen to like the LE's art package the best.

Get yourself a Maiden and make it a Premium/LE to enjoy the special sarcophagas lock and underworld shots among the other extra features. You'll be glad you did!

Bonne chance Colonel!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

RE: MET - I love my Premium for many reasons - RGB lighting, spinners, enhanced snake, rising grave toy, etc., and last but not least, I absolutely LOVE the hammer too! One of the best and most unique toys in pinball! And no blocked view for me. Truly.
RE: IMDN - I love my IMDN LE and don't see it going anywhere for a long time. Great layout. Great rules. Great callouts. And ... I happen to like the LE's art package the best.
Get yourself a Maiden and make it a Premium/LE to enjoy the special sarcophagas lock and underworld shots among the other extra features. You'll be glad you did!
Bonne chance Colonel!

Hi buddy,
To be honest, i don’t get the point with the hammer. If my machine works fine, what i see is the magnet grabs the ball before the hammer falls down giving the illusion that the hammer presses in the ball. What i saw or believed to see!
Agreed, the hammer does not block the view but seems the mech blocks the shot to Donny from right hand or make it hard. Can’t remember if it was the same with the pro.

Regarding IMDN, i can believe you, no problem, can’t say anything about rules, just played a single game, scored 302m, so had time enough to realize how smooth are shots, none are really hard (maybe my only complain).
Need to find a vid of sarcophagus lock.
I just notice that resale are just to make place, nothing for negative point.
Are the modes really different from each other?

Merci de ton avis.

#6 3 years ago

I bought a routed Maiden pro about a month ago. Had it for 2 days and sold it...only because I got an offer I couldn't refuse. I loved the game so much I snatched up the first Premium that came along.

#7 3 years ago

So finally, no one gets negative point in this one?

#8 3 years ago

I have a Met Pro and IMDN pro; will likely sell IMDN to get a premium. Amazing game and nothing negative to say about it!! It’s a different shooter and a blast to play!

#9 3 years ago

I love it. I have a premium so I prefer that myself, but have friends that prefer the pro.

Iron Maiden (the band) is one of my favorites and I love the art, so the theme and music is great to me. The layout and rules never get old to me. You can’t go wrong.

#10 3 years ago

Picking up a IMDN premium tomorrow, feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve can’t wait.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Picking up a IMDN premium tomorrow, feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve can’t wait.

I have bought and sold hundreds of pins. I have a route and flip a lot of games. Going to get my Maiden premium was the first time I was truly excited to get a game in a long time. When I tell people who know me how excited I was, they get excited. Most of them are bally/wms snobs and dont usually play Sterns.

On a side note. Spend the money for the ramp decals. 25 for short 35 for long at Tilt. These are the shorts on the pro I sold.

20200616_181957 (resized).jpg20200616_181957 (resized).jpg20200616_182000 (resized).jpg20200616_182000 (resized).jpg
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I have bought and sold hundreds of pins. I have a route and flip a lot of games. Going to get my Maiden premium was the first time I was truly excited to get a game in a long time. When I tell people who know me how excited I was, they get excited. Most of them are bally/wms snobs and dont usually play Sterns.
On a side note. Spend the money for the ramp decals. 25 for short 35 for long at Tilt. These are the shorts on the pro I sold.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, does the ball clunk when going down the stairs

#13 3 years ago

I love Met pro, not saying it's better than the premium, but to me I'm perfectly happy without the hammer. I think so many pins can be great as pro or premium, I love TWD pro as well.

As for Maiden, I had a pro as a temporary pin holding it for a friend so only had it for a couple weeks. I really want to buy one permanently and wanted to get advice if the premium/LE is worth it for the extra features.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Ha, this is funny because I could take the same sentence and substitute SW and Hyperloop with Hammer.

I was initially concerned with SW that the hyperloop is right above the flipper and that would it distract me or whatnot? But now that I have played both SW pro and SW premium and feel like the pro is great is well but I can't get over how much that I love the hyperloop and that it is my favorite ever toy on a pinball machine. SW has a few other features like outline diverter save, exploding death star maybe a few other sculpted toys but really killer feature is the loop for me. I don't even have to have a great game in particular but if I hit the loop shot a few times it just makes me feel happy.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So finally, no one gets negative point in this one?

Honesty when I read all the raves about JP it's almost like people see Maiden as a warm up act to JP and that some people think JP is the superior pin, but from my experience playing various JP and Maiden pins, I really far prefer Maiden.

I just checked and they are rated 3 (JP) and 6 (Maiden) and I think that's too high to be honest just because they are so new and (to me) but overall I'd rate Maiden a bit higher than JP.

#16 3 years ago

I have a buddy that sold his Mople to fund a vacation and then bought a pro. Reason being, he had trouble seeing over the hammer. I'm short, but he is a bit shorter?
Never had a problem with it. My wife is Way short. She loves her Elvis Gold, but don't even think about touching her MET!

I would like to round out our music pin lineup (BIBLE, PUNK!) with a GNR and LED. She is not warning up to as yet. Something about fixing our roof before it starts leaking (again)

Seriously! You only live once. Get them Pins!

#17 3 years ago

Had a imdn pro and sold it too early.
Found a premium at good price. Love lighting and extras. Being you don’t value MET premium (personally find the hammer and under pf awesome) maybe pro will work for you.

IMDN layout is fantastic and challenging. Adjust music in settings but for some it’s too much.

Pairs well w/MET and one of the best moves I’ve made to stay sane since the pandemic started.

#18 3 years ago

Warming

I guess I had Warning on my mind as I was watching them as I responded.

The Warning. Check them out on YT.

The Warning Evolution

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I really far prefer Maiden.

I have both and love them both, but I really prefer Maiden.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Honesty when I read all the raves about JP it's almost like people see Maiden as a warm up act to JP and that some people think JP is the superior pin, but from my experience playing various JP and Maiden pins, I really far prefer Maiden.
I just checked and they are rated 3 (JP) and 6 (Maiden) and I think that's too high to be honest just because they are so new and (to me) but overall I'd rate Maiden a bit higher than JP.

I don’t agree.
Of course i have not enough time on IMDN but one difference between them is JP gets some challenging shots. I didn’t get the same feeling with IMDN
However i would like to own one. Here is what i think: downgrading my Met premium to Pro and buying an IMDN (don’t know yet pro or prem).

#21 3 years ago

i sold my met after buying imdn premium

enough said

#22 3 years ago

Believe it or not, we've already had this exact thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-did-you-sell-maiden

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

i sold my met after buying imdn premium
enough said

I am Not comparing the 2 games as i think they could sit well alongside in a line-up.

My initial asking was to find negative point to prevent me from buying one (IMDN)! I need to come down to earth even if i Really enjoyed to play it (not enough played it).

One negative point is i don’t like this music and the band but it didn’t bother me surprisingly. Met is more upsetting in this department but i can change songs with pinballbrowser.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Believe it or not, we've already had this exact thread.

Except this one is (so far) only full of people like me who have come merely to praise it.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Where did you get those decals?
Tilt the pinball bar in Minneapolis?
Those look great, I might just try and get a set if I can.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sold it because you gotta sell something to get something new.
Would love to have enough room to keep it... Great game.

The only negative is the horrible music, but you can turn it down in the settings; call out are great.
I preferred it to JP2

#28 3 years ago

I sold it because I don't like the music and the subsequent art work with iron maiden. Plus there isn't a real toy. Very good game still, just not for me. Wish it were an Archer.

#29 3 years ago

Had a pro imdn, sold it to get a nib prem. No comparison, prem is the superior game. Also have a met pro, which I think plays better, but if they ever did a vault, I'd buy an le or prem based solely on theme

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Had a pro imdn, sold it to get a nib prem. No comparison, prem is the superior game. Also have a met pro, which I think plays better, but if they ever did a vault, I'd buy an le or prem based solely on theme

Why premium is superior to pro please?

#31 3 years ago

I love how Hammerhead comes into a thread where someone is asking why people sold a particular game, then is appalled when people give their reasons and downvotes them. Lol

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I love how Hammerhead comes into a thread where someone is asking why people sold a particular game, then is appalled when people give their reasons and downvotes them. Lol

I don’t really pay attention to up/down votes.
I appreciate your input.
Now i just would like to know if premium stuff worth it. I checked sarcophagus lock and looks cool but just not justify extra to my eyes with the lifting ramp. Do the lock and lifting ramp change the game and the strategy?

#33 3 years ago

Regarding Maiden pro v premium...

Can someone explain how/what makes the premium better.

I’m thinking of buying a Maiden soon debating the merits of the premium.

Are the moving mechs on the premium well engineered or do the cause trouble (stuck balls or whatnot)?

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding Maiden pro v premium...
Can someone explain how/what makes the premium better.
I’m thinking of buying a Maiden soon debating the merits of the premium.

There are basically 4 things: the 2 newton balls that are cool, but problematic (registers hits when it shouldn't or won't when it should - adjustments needed), the under ramp mode start, the left ramp tomb shot and the mummy ball lock (also problematic - not sensing when a ball is locked in there consistently). I prefer the pro, myself. It makes more use of the right orbit as well, since it uses that shot as the tomb shot. I also really like how the pro includes all of the Eddies in the artwork. Maiden is a game I will own and I will buy a pro. Oh, you also get the Can I Play with Madness mode on the premium, so another plus.

#35 3 years ago

Why premium is superior to pro please?

It has the under world, tomb, better call outs, graphics, playfield figures instead of plastic stand ups, etc,,,,,,

#36 3 years ago

I owned a Maiden Pro for about 20 months and only sold it so that I could get a JP Premium. Maiden is a great game but since I'm currently limited to only 4 modern pins in my line-up it was time to move on to something else and it made sense to trade one KME game for another. I think JP is a better/deeper game and the theme is way better for me. I wouldn't mind owning Maiden again in the future though if the right deal presented itself.

As far as Pro/Premium goes I've played both and for this game the Pro is the way to go at least for me. The Premium features aren't dynamic enough and require a lot of tweaking to make them work right and not be problematic. The Pro you just setup and play. When I owned my Pro I hardly ever even took the glass off. And the "Can I play with Madness" mode isn't a better option than adding 15 million to your Power Jackpot.

#37 3 years ago

Guess I was lucky. both I owned were nib with no issues. On both games I had to tweak the metal guide so balls would make the loop on the auto plunge, but that's it. Both great games, my opinion the prem well worth the xtra $$$ ,also they seem to resell easier than pros around here , anyways

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It has the under world, tomb, better call outs, graphics, playfield figures instead of plastic stand ups, etc,,,,,,

What is the under world please? I guess tomb is sarcophagus lock.

#39 3 years ago

What is the under world please? I guess tomb is sarcophagus lock.

Shot under the center ramp on the premium.

#40 3 years ago

Do under world change the game and the strategy?
I assume the sarcophagus lock do not change the game significantly. That makes me think to met Hammer lock..that i don’t really like.
Regarding the lifting ramp, i think that change the game i could make a parallel with TWD.
Is there a difference in the lightening department? Rgb?

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Guess I was lucky. both I owned were nib with no issues. On both games I had to tweak the metal guide so balls would make the loop on the auto plunge, but that's it. Both great games, my opinion the prem well worth the xtra $$$ ,also they seem to resell easier than pros around here , anyways

Were either of your Premiums first run? I think they ended up redesigning the captive ball mechs in later runs to make them more reliable. I prefer the traditional captive ball on the Pro since there's always a second ball to hit behind it. It just feels weird and unsatisfying to hit a captive ball without a kinetic ball behind it.-yes, I know you load one in later but it starts off with just the single ball.

#42 3 years ago

It's all subjective. You asked for opinions, those were mine. Buy what makes you happy

#43 3 years ago

Theme was a skin on an amazing pin.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I sold mine b/c I had to make room for Stranger Things and MM Royal coming and I was bursting at the seams. It came down to selling METLE or IMDN Premium. When push came to shove, while IMDN was objectively the more complex and better designed game, I have more fun playing MET. I much prefer Metallica music to Iron Maiden, but that really wasn’t a factor. I really, really like IMDN and would take another in an instant if I had the room. But I have sold games in the past that I instantly knew I made a mistake letting go. I haven’t had an itch to play IMDN yet since it left a couple months back.

you sold a iron maiden for a stranger things, what the hell you thinking?

#45 3 years ago

What are the inserts above main flippers arranged in 2 columns? Modes?

#46 3 years ago

I played both pro and premium , loved the premium in the bar scene . Ordered NIB Pre , loved it for about 2 months , but I got bored real quick and sold it . (keep in mind I’m a huge IM fan from the 80s )
Went with something more challenging and with more modes , yes , hate me Lol , Star Wars Premium . Play it almost every night since delivery .

#47 3 years ago

What are the inserts above main flippers arranged in 2 columns? Modes?

Yeah, it's basically just one column, offset for visual appeal. Bottom five with clear inserts are the normal modes. Sixth one on top with a red insert is a mini-wizard mode.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, it's basically just one column, offset for visual appeal. Bottom five with clear inserts are the normal modes. Sixth one on top with a red insert is a mini-wizard mode.

You are right.
Are these modes really different from each others and challenging?

The 5 yellow triangles are kind of master of these shots? Red one?
I need to find rules sheet! ...Found it to tiltforum

#49 3 years ago

Guess I am in the minority here. I didn't like it at all. Can't remember which version it was (location game) but it just didn't do anything for me.

I am a metal lover at heart so I expected I would love it for the music alone but when I stood there and played it I was just "meh" and I honestly don't know why.

I've played lots of pinball titles and like most of them but IMDN was just not my cup of tea. My friend that isn't that much into pins but loves Iron Maiden was also very dissapointed. He played 3 balls then left for other pins beside it, stating he didn't like it.

Granted I didn't play more than four, maybe five times in a row so maybe it would have grown on me if I kept playing but when I had lots of other pins that I did like in the same room and IMDN failed to get my proper attention I just left it.

#50 3 years ago

The only thing I miss on the pro from the premium is the underworld shot. Even though the ramp would get caught occasionally, it helped to put a little oil on it. It is easier to get that ball in the underworld than it is to get a good solid launch off the ramp. I finally sold my premium when the orb shot needed constant adjustments. Happy with the pro now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-sold-your-imlb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.