(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#113 3 years ago

While we are on the subject of GnR vinyl, I posted this on the vinyl club awhile ago. I think it's every major release, including what I believe to be an original Live Like a Suicide which is oddly not even close to the most valuable.

gnr (resized).jpggnr (resized).jpg
    #183 3 years ago

I'd be curious to see what the demographic is for purchasing new in box pinball machines. Based purely on my speculation, it's primarily men in their 40's through 60's. This is also where you would find the biggest GnR fans. Toy Story is the children of that generation. While it was a huge theme in my house as the kids were growing up, I don't think they care much anymore. The wife and I enjoyed the last movie more than the kids. Most teenager through 20s can't afford a new pinball machine. Maybe Toy Story would be great on location? It could be months before that is back to normal, if ever.

I hope they make both!

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is where the Toy Story classic argument comes in that it really isn't a children's movie.
    Kids are into Dinosaurs too & Jurraik Park was just 2 years earlier....i wouldn't call that a children's movie (not a rock solid comparison I understand). But JP was an event, and Story was sort of the same thing.
    2cents.

Toy Story would be a great theme. I think it would easily lend itself to pinball, lots of toys, several movies to grab from.
    I just did a quick search to see if Tom Hanks did the voice over work for video games, turns out his brother does. Kinda funny.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/toy-story-tom-hanks-gets-his-brother-jim-to-voice-woody-for-him-when-he-has-better-things-to-do-a6694746.html

Having the actual actors (or at least the same last name) do the voice overs would be critical.

Anyway, where's GnR!?

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from sonambulo:

I wish the new machine has a new unreleased song so they can redeem themselves from the "Aint Goin Down" disappointing "feature" on Data East while they make a wink to the first GnR pinball.

If this is the reason this thing is so delayed I won't be that mad. New tune(s) for the game are holding up the production because, well, Guns N Roses. If it takes as long as Chinese Democracy to complete it will be a nice retirement present to myself.

#332 3 years ago

It will be interesting to see what they decide on for songs. Sure, the catalog isn't huge, but I disagree with the only one good album statement. First off, Appetite is so good, it's almost not fair to the others. If GnR released 2 or 3 Appetite tunes per record and spread them over 3 or 4 albums with a bunch of junk filler like most bands, would you say they had a vast catalog?

I think most of Appetite is fair game. Anything Goes, probably not. Your Crazy and Out ta Get Me probably not either.

Lies is tricky. One in a Million is out. Your Crazy, again, probably not. Nice Boys and Mama Kin are covers. Licensing for Nice Boys probably isn't an issue, Mama Kin might be expensive. That really only leaves Patience and Used to Love her.

Use Your Illusion- This never could have lived up to he hype. There are a lot of great songs spread out over the 2 albums, along with 5 or 6 awful ones. 2 of the biggest hits are covers, and I'd be happy if they left out both. Don't Cry and November Rain were huge, but I really don't want a ballad in a pinball machine. Coma, Civil War, You Could be Mine, Yesterdays would all be definite. I could easily pick another 10 tunes I'd like to see on the game.

Spaghetti Incident- I love this album, give it another chance if you wrote it off when it came out. Maybe the fact that most of the original artists weren't super well known it has a chance? Hair of the Dog is so good. Attitude, Since i Don't have You, I'd be pumped. Charles Manson tune is probably off the table.

Chinese Democracy- As much as I don't want any of these on the game it wouldn't make sense to leave them all out. I just hope it's not more than 1 or 2. The song Chinese Democracy was played on the latest tour along with Madagascar.

New Songs!! There has to be at least 1 new track. 2 or 3 would be amazing.

Hey Jack! Give a us some cool collectible vinyl with the game! And not just the $12k model. Us poor folk in the $7.5k bracket want one too.

#346 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just don't see gnr pulling the sales that Metallica and Maiden did. They don't have the continued presence that the other bands do. Who likes fat, lazy, narcissist Axel? They don't have much for good art or overall branding. Plus it's a recycled theme that is purely driven by one of the members of the band.
    I'll admit my bias here. I was a metal head growing up and could never understand the popularity of this band. Axel sounds like a constipated duck.

Since there is nothing better to do, and there is no announcement I'll play along.

I just don't see gnr pulling the sales that Metallica and Maiden did.

Who knows? Both of those games had a lower entry level price point. I think it will do well.

They don't have the continued presence that the other bands do.

Not in this Lifetime tour grossed $584 million. This was over 3 years, but none of the other bands come anywhere near that.

Who likes fat, lazy, narcissist Axel?

I don't get why people get so hung up on the guys weight. The guy gained some weight, and then lost most of it for this tour. I'm fat and depressed and I didn't even ruin the greatest rock band of all time, imagine how tough it is for him? Ha! Lazy? Maybe. Narcissistic? Definitely.

They don't have much for good art or overall branding.
    Do a search for Guns N Roses tour posters. They had some great art in my opinion. Nobody can beat Maiden in the art department though.

Axel sounds like a constipated duck.
    People either love him or hate him. I personally can't stand Geddy Lee. Can't even listen to the band. I know I'm missing out.

#365 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I personally went to the show at Phoenix International Raceway, first show back after Hetfield burned his hand, and Metallica was just that, a warmup band. Playing almost the entirety of the black album, where just a few years earlier that didn't exist.
    GnR came on about midnight or shortly thereafter, and were in top form and played almost until the sun came up. Halfway thru Slash went off on a jam playing Zep and Hendrix and just killed it. And Axl's voice was as good as ever.
    Sorry your experience wasn't the same.

I went to the Foxboro, MA show on this tour. Faith No more was the opener. Total dream lineup for me, huge fan of all 3 bands. GnR headlined that night. People were getting pissy when they went on a little late, throwing drinks and food from the upper levels. I don't recall anyone leaving though, and the show was great. I'm so glad they didn't pull that make people wait shit on the last tour.

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I dont know if I'd say that with DI.

It's fairly easy to figure out bash the guy, start a mode on DI. I feel like every game should have that level of simplicity for the casual player to enjoy, and hopefully some deeper rules for the advanced player. I played the Hobbit a handful of times and had no idea what to do. I played Pirates a few times and felt like I needed to take an 8 hour course before playing. WoZ, maybe not as bad, but still no super obvious instantly enjoy it mode. I'm sure all 3 of these games are great after you understand them. Hopefully GnR will have both.

3 months later
    #624 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

I want this JJP game to highlight GNR's attitude and energy. If they use acoustic versions of songs, I'll be furious.
    Yes please:
    F'ing No!!!!!!:

I've never seen the second video. Original lineup, kinda neat. I agree, upbeat and in your face, although I'm sure November Rain will be on there. I don't see a ballad working well in a pinball machine.

#626 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Little Orphan Annie with a Slash top hat? I don't get it.

#630 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Meditate on it.

Post it again today and it will make sense. Sort of. Nobody said October 1st, just October.

#646 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

No, it made sense yesterday, you just didn't know it yet. Today is the start of info.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/56#post-5879045

Fine, you win. Ha!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-?tu=shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.