(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

this game is sure to kick ass!

Not if u don't want listen to GnR music. I don't know how anyone could buy a band pin if their not a fan. I mean I was a fan but it didn't stand the test of time for me personally. I've seen posts where people who hate Maiden or Met still bought the pin. No matter how great they may play if I'm not into the music/band its never gonna happen. Still I agree JJP will probably make a great machine.

Quoted from phalcon_2600:

JJP loads their games down with LOTS of Mechs and features, compared to Stern.

That has zero impact on fun factor. Seems to me its more of a justification for the ridiculous prices these days but a loaded piece of crap is still essentially crap. I'll take IM over WOZ any day of the week.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So you are calling WOZ and JJP pins loaded pieces of crap? Lol

I wasn't doing that at all but you guys will find any reason to think its bashing.
    Does JJP build a better pin, yeah I think so. Do I want to buy one? yeah, but i've been let down by the themes thus far. JJP #6 The Road Warrior and I'm in.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Just to be clear I don’t want a fuckin Poison or Crew pinball machine I was just making a point!

Well at least we agree on something.

3 months later
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The upcoming game you can’t buy now is always a million times cooler than the game you can buy today.

Wow that's deep Levi, and complete bullshit. But deep.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Toy Story would sell a lot more than GnR.

In a market than tends to appeal to middle aged men how do u figure?

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I should have said...
    Toy story will have much larger audience, global appeal.
    4 movies backed by a huge Disney/ Pixar franchises.
    Age group men, 25-60. Many dads, many grand dads, much more men in this group globally. This backed by approving wives.
    Sure, GnR will sell several thousand that appeals to the 35-65 group of Rock groupies waning for there long hair youth.
    Toy Story could easily have WOZ size sales numbers.
    I'm holding out for the Buzz Light year space edition.
    But really like the Woody western them edition.
    The Don Rickles Mr Potato Head Trubute edition will knock your ear off. Only 50 made.

I'm flabbergasted at the themes these companies are putting out for the most part but people seem to like it. Ur probably right with regards to ToyStory, nver saw any of those films, cause u know, I'm an adult.
    JJP Looney Tunes, I'm in.

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

If for some reason it being animated puts you off

That doesn't bother me.

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hazoff just hasn't figured out yet they are putting out so many G rated games now because that's all many men's wives will allow them to have.

I always assumed that was the excitement behind a lot of these themes, the kids love it so the wife might let me buy it or she loves it and wants one. I kinda have to believe that as the alternative is really sad. I think the pinball companies are hip to this as well, who offers middle aged men, little kid themes. Not just JJP either, I mean I'm a GB's fan and liked Hot Wheels but that was when I was 10 years old. Then again I loved the Road Warrior around that time so who knows. Think of this as it was the JJP pinball line up to date.

Road Warrior
    Alien
    Predator
    Strange Brew
    Star Trek The Wrath of Khan

Is that not more appealing than the current line up? Don't u think JJP would have exploded with these titles? so what else could it be than themes that let u very confused married guys sell ur wife on a purchase.

I just want to see GnR already. TMNT looks fun but, a bad cartoon from the 80's. Damn it

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I've yet to see a music inspired pin that actually delivered the goods.

IronMaiden

How would one define "delivered goods" when it comes to a music inspired pin?

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Any game will play fast when you slap a couple plastic ramps that returns the ball directly to the flippers with little else on the playfield.

U say that likes it a bad thing.

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup, for $6k - $9k+ it is! For $4k - $5k sure. What Stern is doing would be the equivalent of Ford charging $60k for a standard Mustang GT just because Chevy charges that price for a Corvette.

Yeah but that Corvette takes a long time to come out and sometimes the paint chips, other times they remove the OG rims and even paint the car, Rainbow I'm just trying to stay in the ridiculous analogy u have put forth here sir I get it, but I never once felt cheated or believed I over payed for SW's or BK3 or DP, JP2 or IMaiden and they all sold for a decent price. Where's the issue, BOM? that's lame and who cares if its fun?, I would never dispute the JJP are higher on "stuff" but they better be to justify the wait and the price. 1 real bad flop and they are done. Stern can coast.

#295 3 years ago

I don't remember that much swearing in GnR's music. Buy if there's is and they remove it or replace with Family Friendly lyrics, who gives a shit? Will that really ruin the experience? Same goes for quantity of LE's made. When do u guys figure an LE is going to be the reason u can now sell ur pin for big money? I haven't really seen that yet in my 12 years of collecting pins. In fact it usually bites u in the ass. Buy an LE because u like the add ons, not so u can be a big shot. Or do that and be a big shot, again, who cares? JMO

I'd like to see the game already.

#320 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Appetite is full of F Bombs

Damn it.
    That was the best of their library for me. Man when that album hit, I'm 14 just discovering hash and pinball and other things. Its like a soundtrack. It would suck if they made it overly family friendly but I think I can deal with the radio versions of the songs whilst playing.

#340 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

That's why I don't get the desire for a GnR Machine. They haven't done anything worthy of note since 1989 or so.

Neither has Metallica or Maiden. Not to mention they left out Kill Em all on Met and the first 2 Maiden albums. GnR has the same thing however that those 2 bands have. Nostalgia for 40 and 50 something rock on and metal heads and that's enough.

#425 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hope it’s not true as WOZ RR is packed.

Not everyone likes that style. I prefer a more open PF. Least amount of stops, and gadgets that hold up the ball. I think we need both and we have that. JJP knows what they are doing and I believe they are making the right choice.

#433 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hear ya I just feel widebodys should be snuck in play here n there to satisfy the fans of it

I'm with ya. Nothing wrong at all with a fast playing widebody. They should all do a widebody every once in a while. Same goes for women. Nothing wrong with mixing it up with a nice widebody every now and then. Sometimes they are the most fun.

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

TZ is awesome, but did not do well or well received back when it was released.

Its a great game but when I had many pins in the house and people came over it was last on the list. Too much for the casual player.

#444 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Lol TZ is easy as pie compared to any JJP game

jesus_laughable (resized).jpgjesus_laughable (resized).jpg

Where did he say anything about it being more or equally as difficult as JJP game?

#455 3 years ago
    Quoted from Novastorm:

You can start comparing stuff at any point, if there was a rule stating you can only start comparisons when someone else has compared something first, no one would ever be allowed to compare anything?

Wow that's brilliant, thank you. WTF r u talking about? I'm well aware that u can make a comparison anytime but when u quote someone then make a ridiculous retort that has no bearing on the subject at hand it no longer becomes a spontaneous comparison. The man agreed with me that TZ can be intimidating to the casual player and it can be so what does the difficulty of a JJP game have to do with that? Other than being a crazy person making a random comparison.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.