(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

It's a great time to be a pinballer!! so many great themes this past year

So many things to hate and complain about! Gonna be a great year on Pinside!

#37 4 years ago

POTC should be the exact thing that JJP avoids in the future.

Mechanical nightmare. Several years' production cycle. Features removed because they don't work, wasting tons of R&D money, time, and enraging the Pinside masses.

JJP needs to stay in business to keep you yobs happy, and that's gonna happen if they ever go the POTC route again.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Makes logical sense. Only comment is that the triple wheel def worked. Too expensive

The one I played certainly didn't work. It made painful grinding sounds!

#71 4 years ago

Poison is the worst successful band in the history of rock.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

romulusx said it was his favorite band and his #1 dream theme.

I'm not surprised!

3 months later
    #92 3 years ago

The upcoming game you can’t buy now is always a million times cooler than the game you can buy today.

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Well, this will be very interesting if true. Kaneda reports the new JJP GnR pin will have 22 songs.

That’s bad news considering GNR only
    Has [checks Appetite album cover] 12 good songs.

Ok 13. Forgot about You Could Be Mine.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from Edster:

and Slash was almost a member...

Yeah I heard him say that one. But apparently he had the “wrong look.”

They put some of those hair metal bands together like the spice girls.

#115 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

While we are on the subject of GnR vinyl, I posted this on the vinyl club awhile ago. I think it's every major release, including what I believe to be an original Live Like a Suicide which is oddly not even close to the most valuable.
    [quoted image]

I think it’s good they changed the AFD cover. The original is kind of silly at best, and the one they went with is absolutely iconic.

That weird painting being inside worked out fine.

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

Sorry "not sorry" to say the DE GNR was a clunkfest and the stolen/borrowed sounds from LAH just ruined it. I know that statement is going to rack up a few negative points but seriously it wasn't really that good of a machine, it was the only GNR pin which die hard fans loved because of it. So with that being said, choosing an ICONIC hard rock band is a brilliant move. Reviving is usually a bad idea but this is just a win win for JJP. Now now I''m not a JJP suck dick. Honestly I think anything past the first 3 machines has been less than fun/inspiring. We don't need to talk about clear coat issues or anything else that plagued them, I'm talking just plain fun factor. I'm also not a HUGE GNR fan, but likes/dislikes aside the notoriety of the band and of course if JJP holds true to the skulls and big boobed cartoon character women (and hopefully axels get in the ring mother f-er rant) this pin could gain GOAT status. GNR and Skidrow were the bad boys of Rock N Roll so to see anything PC to satisfy the "Everything offends me" types then I will truly be disappointed. I won't be buying but I highly suspect this pin is being heavily relied upon to keep that joint afloat. COVID has hurt EVERYTHING and when a company runs on investors ... well, do the math. Looking forward to playing it though!

I would agree with you the DE version isn't very good and the sound is horrific. JJP should be able to improve on this game tenfold.

#129 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Has any cover song ever made it onto a music pinball machine yet? I'm not sure Sir Paul wouldn't want a little piece of the action. Or is it public domain now?

Party zone has a few.

Pretty much every data East game has a ZZ Top song as does HS2. Throw a CC music factory song into the mix for some reason.

I don’t know who is singing I can’t drive 55 on nascar but it’s not Sammy Hagar.

Etc etc.

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Good one! Could have been a contender otherwise eh?

I didn't realize that. Did he do the song on Twister?
    But I guess my question was on band specific games, have they ever used a cover?

I can’t come up with one. But I also can’t think of any of the bands with modern pinballs have has a hit with cover, and live and let die was a hit for gnr. I guess Metallica could have used that Bob Seger song they did.

Unless you include KISS, in which every song was a re-recording of kiss covering themselves.

The upcoming Heavy Metal pin is gonna feature Sabastian Bach doing a bunch of covers as well.

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nope , that would be KISS .

Can’t agree. kiss at least has some
    Decent tunes, a great guitarist, and also inspired a generation of kids to rock.

Poison inspired some idiots to wear hair spray but that’s about it.

#138 3 years ago

I kinda wonder if we get the original recordings, or if we get some kind of lame re-recording done to screw former band mates / record label.

I’d guess it’s 50/50. More
    Like 90/10 if someone can confirm to me GNR has already done re-recording for guitar hero or something like that.

1 week later
    #297 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I don't remember that much swearing in GnR's music. Buy if there's is and they remove it or replace with Family Friendly lyrics, who gives a shit? Will that really ruin the experience? Same goes for quantity of LE's made. When do u guys figure an LE is going to be the reason u can now sell ur pin for big money? I haven't really seen that yet in my 12 years of collecting pins. In fact it usually bites u in the ass. Buy an LE because u like the add ons, not so u can be a big shot. Or do that and be a big shot, again, who cares? JMO
    I'd like to see the game already.

Appetite is full of F Bombs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.