(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#226 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

With pinball as watered down as it is over the last few years, this is what I am expecting.

did Slash play a strat? I always thought he was more the les paul guy. And since when did Slash wear a cowboy hat? No no no - this picture is just off.

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from RayGun:

To make a great music pin #1) Definitely Live Concert Footage on the backbox. A) maybe another table lcd between the flippers that mimics. B) Ea song being played can be chosen by player and will comprise a setlist. 2) Manufacturer loads game up with a ton of songs to prevent getting boring, or bands dont get their pin. That Beatles pin setlist was extremely weak and unsold me, why put up with that? Its always kinda WEIRD enough trying to get into songs again and a music pin from these old bands who havent done anything for 30 yrs as it is, so again 2) Shocking, especially Live Song Variety, both in terms sheer number of songs as well as diverse, deep cut variety may go the 2nd longest way towards selling me. 3) Player selects from among them a half doz songs or so, go to Encore Mode. The Goal/Key for a music pin should be to make the player feel like they are in the band, or at least a fan, at a live concert! Hello! And youve got to have 4) Crowd Noise! to do that! (note that Stern Kiss spinner adds camera shutters, and that adds to the live/concert feel of that game.) 5) Songs MUST continue uninterrupted after a drain! Songs CAN NOT stop after a drain! ex (AC/DC) 6) Integrate the songs into gameplay. Its better than not if the songs mean something and more involves the player and his decisions. Further, if 7) the song has a story to it, integrate that story and show it on LCD's as mini mode during gameplay (they all do this at some pt). Cut scenes like that are what should be the cartoon or music video parts, the main parts of the gaming experience should be LIVE concert footage gameplay integration.

Well, you’ve certainly put some thought into this. I’ll be looking forward to your starting up a pinball company and building pins.

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't doubt Stern games are fun, that's never been the issue. In my opinion Stern isn't justifying their prices with a similar amount of features, quality, and code depth compared to JJP yet is charging near the same price (for premiums / LE's). If I'm going to spend $7500 - $9k+ on a pinball machine I feel that I get the most value and fun with a JJP game.
    Check out the first episode of the JJP pinball podcast that was just released. After hearing that all I could think is "that's the type of company I want to buy a pinball machine from" due to how passionate they are about creating the best pinball machines on the planet. JJP seems first driven by passion and Stern by profit. If that wasn't true Stern wouldn't be trying to save 25 cents a game on cheaper coil stops while charging $6k - $9k+ for their games.

I think you just answered the question posed by the title of this thread.

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I would never buy a LE game and if I did it sure as hell would not have a run of 5000 lol comparing a Stern premium to a JJP standard makes more sense as for the CE game for fools only

Oh come on, you gotta see the humor in that - setting the number of “Limited Editions” higher than the number they’ll probably ever sell

#308 3 years ago

I suggest that the customer can choose the name of the edition himself. I would call mine "the super duper duper limited to one and only one and I'm the only one who has it because I am so awesome and I am the envy of everybody I know edition".

I expect to get an MS Word file with the game in which I can enter the name of the edition and print out my certificate (in color) thus proving the extremely limited nature of my game.

I would be proud indeed.

#348 3 years ago

if the layout, toys, rules and lights are awesome (and I’m kind of expecting this), I could see myself getting this. Heck, maybe I’ll even become a fan of the band. If it’s not a must have, Wonka will go back to the top of the list. Nothing else really NIB which strikes my fancy at the moment.

I am kind of hoping that JJP redefines what a music pin can be. I never really liked the Stern concept of just playing songs from the group the whole game with call outs and other noises. On the other hand, a music pin can offer a lot of flexibility because the design team is not so bound to storylines as with a movie pin.

#356 3 years ago

Wikipedia puts Maiden at 100 mio., Metallica at 120 mio. and Guns n Roses at 30 mio. I had no idea Iron Maiden had sold so many albums.

1 week later
    #461 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How does one reveal pictures of a game on an audio only podcast?

That could actually be kind of cool - somebody describes in minute detail from left to right what’s on the playfield, approximately how far up it is on the playfield, if it’s wide or tight and what’s happening to the ball when you hit it, etc. It would allow us to focus on the playfield without being distracted by artwork, display, etc. Then one could move into the rules, what you’re trying to achieve, how you do it, etc.

I find the way reveals are done now puts too much emphasis on art and colors and not enough on the thoughts behind the layout and rule structures.

Pretty much all new games incorporate concepts already on older games. The evolution is slow and rules also kind of keep repeating themselves so a pinhead doesn’t have to see the game to imagine it.

1 week later
    #473 3 years ago

I hope nobody ever makes a Led Zeppelin pin. No pin could ever do them justice.

1 month later
    #509 3 years ago

I guess when these new JJPs come out I’ll finally have to make a decision - do I want Wonka after all or one of the new ones ? - I’m kind of looking forward to it, but I’m not in a hurry. I’m sure I’m not the only one who likes to put off decisions, right? Theme is rather low on my criteria list - they’re all fine, maybe a slight preference for Wonka.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.