(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackontherocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#395 3 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

Not that this has anything to do with the current generation, but Guns and Roses was NOT bigger than Metallica back in their heyday. In 1993, they co-headlined a tour which has it's own stories of disaster. But I personally went to see them on this tour at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. During that tour, the bands would flip-flop position every night as to who would play first. But they would both play a 90 minute set.
    On this particular night, G&R had the last spot. So Motorhead was opening with a 45 minute set (awesome as always), and then Metallica came on and KILLED it for 90 minutes. This is after James burned his hand badly in a previous show, so he only sang and the Helloween guitarist played as a fill in musician. Guns and Roses went on after Metallica and I kid you not, at least a third of the Rose Bowl left the show in the first 3 songs. My friends and I made it maybe 5 songs in before we walked out as well. The Rose Bowl holds somewhere around 100,000 people for a concert. When 30k - 40k people walk out of a concert, that tells you something.
    Guns and Roses just could not follow Metallica. After the amount of energy that Motorhead, and then Metallica pumped into the crowd, it was all lost as soon as G&R hit the stage. Now, I love Slash and loved G&R back then as well, but those 2 bands are no where near the same caliber live and G&R should never have shared a stage with Metallica. Metallica made them look and sound second rate.
    All that being said, I am looking forward to seeing what JJP does with the G&R pin. I would play it and probably love it, but due to a lack of space, will never own it as I won't give up any of my current pins for it. That goes for most other pins as well. If I had the room, there are probably 20 must-have pins for me that I would love to own. But my small space for pins limits me luckily... lol. Otherwise I would be broke!

I know Motörhead is not really overall as popular to mass majority and I don’t expect a pin to be made (But Lemmy did what one as mentioned in past interviews) and I do too love Motorhead over Metallica and GNR. Yes I like all three bands but Motorhead first, then GNR, then Metallica and Maiden and AC/DC and Scorpions before GNR and Metallica. I like all of these bands and love it when others like only 2 or 3 of them and say they don’t like a Maiden is hilarious, don’t get it as it’s not like KORN which is pure shit.

#397 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I personally went to the show at Phoenix International Raceway, first show back after Hetfield burned his hand, and Metallica was just that, a warmup band. Playing almost the entirety of the black album, where just a few years earlier that didn't exist.
    GnR came on about midnight or shortly thereafter, and were in top form and played almost until the sun came up. Halfway thru Slash went off on a jam playing Zep and Hendrix and just killed it. And Axl's voice was as good as ever.
    Sorry your experience wasn't the same.

I live out here in AZ now but lived back in CA when this tour happened and heard that story from others, cool. On the past 2 GNR tours the band played well over 25 plus songs (Sure should have played less covers) and close to almost 3hrs. Have not seen Metallica or Iron Maiden come close to this on any tour so respect GNR for this and wish more bands gave us or money’s worth if you know what I mean. Waiting for the day for IM to play 2 sets before they call it a day but will never happen which is a shame.

#402 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We drove from here to 100+ degree Arizona in one like this. We called it "The Craft"[quoted image]

I think but not sure this show was at My favorite no longer venue Irvine Meadows in CA but I did not make it in high school.

#410 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, like Feziwigs, Irvine Meadows rocked. You talk about Motorhead and Scorpions and that is just icing on the cake of the bands that rocked us there.

Oh yes Feziwigs, had to be out after 11Pm if not 18 I think as was in high school, that’s where I first played pinball (the last line up I remember was 4 or 5 pins, World Cup Soccer, Twilight Zone, TFTC, and Dracula to my memory on left when you walked in front door) besides Ballpark Pizza where I played T2 and whitewater by My house after soccer games. Seen the Scorps and many others at Irvine Meadows. love Motorhead too at House of Blues And our station KNAC.

2 months later
    #514 3 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Here is the guy with the high score on GNR in my house.......
    [quoted image]

Hope JJP brings high scoring finally into a game like the old GNR pin, at least Stern did it on Iron Maiden which makes it more fun as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jackontherocks.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-?tu=Jackontherocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.