(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg
    There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
    #1 4 years ago

... before you buy your next game.

Because just like Keith Elwin and Scott Danesi, Eric Meunier is a tremendously talented pinball designer and this game is sure to kick ass! Just play a Pirates in a home environment to fully appreciate how much.

AND ... GnR will be a JJP game! Need I say more?!

Can't wait for this game to be unveiled!!! Who else is excited for this?

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

... before you buy your next game.
    Because just like Keith Elwin and Scott Danesi, Eric Meunier is a tremendously talented pinball designer and this game is sure to kick ass! Just play a Pirates in a home environment to fully appreciate how much.
    AND ... GnR will be a JJP game! Need I say more?!
    Can't wait for this game to be unveiled!!! Who else is excited for this?

I know people that know people. They say it's got the full meal deal. Theme, art, LCD display, layout all "NAILED IT" It's going to be a huge hit ! Just as they did with Wonka, they will offer a standard game with one less big mech for price competition. Very smart ! JJP GnR and Stern Zeppelin are the only 2 games I plan on purchasing this year (R&M already done). Of course I'm partial to music pins

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I know people that know people. They say it's got the full meal deal. Theme, art, LCD display, layout all "NAILED IT" It's going to be a huge hit ! Just as they did with Wonka, they will offer a standard game with one less big mech for price competition. Very smart ! JJP GnR and Stern Zeppelin are the only 2 games I plan on purchasing this year (R&M already done). Of course I'm partial to music pins

You are getting me excited
    I love music pins also and the 3 you mention are also the only ones I’m interested in.
    I hope GnR is the real deal !!

#4 4 years ago

I’d probably be more excited about Toy Story personally, but I’m really enjoying seeing what the new blood Eric, Keith and Scott bring to the table. Hope the game is a smashing success.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Any insight on whether Led Zepp is near future or later in year?

Trying to plan accordingly

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

when do you think we will see GNR?

#7 4 years ago

If it's anything like Pirates, I'm in. My favorite pin out of a great lineup of HUO pins. Fingers crossed for the highest levels of quality control possible though. I'm getting worn out addressing NIB issues on expensive pins. I'm a big fan of GnR too so that helps.

Also hoping it's a widebody that's loaded. Wonka felt stripped down with weak toys.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

Also hoping it's a widebody that's loaded. Wonka felt stripped down with weak toys.

This. JJP’s widebodies have been packed to date. Eric has shown he can work a wide body playfield. I’m excited to see what he comes up with.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

This. JJP’s widebodies have been packed to date. Eric has shown he can work a wide body playfield. I’m excited to see what he comes up with.

Thought GnR is a narrow body?

Time that JJP really gets a game that hits the mark on all levels.

First JJP I have interest in.

With the JJP sound system this is going to really rock in the home!

#10 4 years ago

I'm excited for it, but not for Jack's pricing tiers. I'm a "wait for a used premium" guy, and I think I might be waiting a LONG time for one of these to pop up secondary. But it will.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought GnR is a narrow body?
    Time that JJP really gets a game that hits the mark on all levels.
    First JJP I have interest in.
    With the JJP sound system this is going to really rock in the home!

I haven't even seen the game confirmed anywhere, much less whether it's a standard or wide body. I held JJP on a pedestal for a while after WoZ, Hobbit and especially Pirates. Then Wonka was a let down for me, mainly from a theme integration perspective. Dialed In I just find goofy, even though it might be an amazing game. Then Stern came out with JP2 and It really made me see that Stern can pull off a masterpiece as well. Having said all of that, if GnR is a Pirates heir... long live the King JJP. If it's another Wonka... then another dream theme for me wasted by JJP.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

when do you think we will see GNR?

The JJP Seminar at TPF will be the big reveal if I had to take a guess.

#13 4 years ago

I would guess at TPF end of March you’ll see releases / reveals.

#14 4 years ago

JJP loads their games down with LOTS of Mechs and features, compared to Stern. Stern tends to Try to make you feel like your getting added value by including things that don’t add a lot of cost of the build, like art, special ink or Piece of couch ect... We still have to see what is to come from American pinball and Deeproot at TPF. So....it’s a great time to be a pinball buyer in the hobby. So I say wait until you see what everybody is going to offer before making a snap decision when you see JJP GnR for the first time.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

this game is sure to kick ass!

Not if u don't want listen to GnR music. I don't know how anyone could buy a band pin if their not a fan. I mean I was a fan but it didn't stand the test of time for me personally. I've seen posts where people who hate Maiden or Met still bought the pin. No matter how great they may play if I'm not into the music/band its never gonna happen. Still I agree JJP will probably make a great machine.

Quoted from phalcon_2600:

JJP loads their games down with LOTS of Mechs and features, compared to Stern.

That has zero impact on fun factor. Seems to me its more of a justification for the ridiculous prices these days but a loaded piece of crap is still essentially crap. I'll take IM over WOZ any day of the week.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Not if u don't want listen to GnR music. I don't know how anyone could buy a band pin if their not a fan. I mean I was a fan but it didn't stand the test of time for me personally. I've seen posts where people who hate Maiden or Met still bought the pin. No matter how great they may play if I'm not into the music/band its never gonna happen. Still I agree JJP will probably make a great machine.

That has zero impact on fun factor. Seems to me its more of a justification for the ridiculous prices these days but a loaded piece of crap is still essentially crap. I'll take IM over WOZ any day of the week.

The music becomes background noise when you're playing the machine. And it's pretty much human nature that if you hear songs enough you'll start to like them. I never liked Kiss and I recently played it and had no issue. Regarding loading it... I would have to say that in general you might be right. But Pirates is an example of a game loaded with more than crap. Almost everything it's loaded with is interactive and adds to the experience of the game. Perfect HUO game.

#17 4 years ago

I don't understand the wonka theme letdown comments. If you spend enough time on it there is a lot of theme integration. I do have a CE though which does contain a few additional callouts, but I can't imagine they make/break the machine. It has plenty of toys, great modes, and awesome light show. If its a letdown that really speaks volumes to their other games!

#18 4 years ago

Super pumped for GnR primarily b/c I'm a huge GnR fan. Best of both worlds and I've also heard it's great. The only negative I've heard thus far is it's going to be more wonka level with regards to BOM compared to the insane BOM and complexity on Pirates. Not only cost but building pirates on the line was apparently a nightmare.

For folks who don't dig GnR I can see this not being a big deal. Eric is really talented though.

I hope it's not widebody - would like to see a standard from him.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

I don't understand the wonka theme letdown comments. If you spend enough time on it there is a lot of theme integration. I do have a CE though which does contain a few additional callouts, but I can't imagine they make/break the machine. It has plenty of toys, great modes, and awesome light show. If its a letdown that really speaks volumes to their other games!

Pirates set the bar for me, and Wonka isn't even close to that. The letdown being that with that particular theme, the sky could've been the limit, yet it was more of a "pedestrian" pin. Still great...but I think people were hoping for crazy stuff like simulated chocolate rivers in the playfield etc. Instead you get a spinning toy, mini lcd screen, normal pinball fair in this day and age. Which again, they can do whatever they choose to do from a business perspective, but following Pirates with Wonka seemed to be a huge drop-off. When I play my Pirates I still get the feeling of "I still can't believe how insanely good this game is.". Hopefully GnR can deliver that kind of magic again. If so... to JJP..."here is my wallet".

#20 4 years ago

GnR is my favorite band of all time, so of course I'm very excited about this pin.

From what Zach said on a recent podcast, it sounded like we may see it revealed in house by JJP before Texas, and that pins would be shipping two weeks after the reveal.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

I haven't even seen the game confirmed anywhere, much less whether it's a standard or wide body. I held JJP on a pedestal for a while after WoZ, Hobbit and especially Pirates. Then Wonka was a let down for me, mainly from a theme integration perspective. Dialed In I just find goofy, even though it might be an amazing game. Then Stern came out with JP2 and It really made me see that Stern can pull off a masterpiece as well. Having said all of that, if GnR is a Pirates heir... long live the King JJP. If it's another Wonka... then another dream theme for me wasted by JJP.

Slash talked about it months ago. It's happening.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

So you are calling WOZ and JJP pins loaded pieces of crap? Lol. I rather have a loaded game (JJP) for $9k then one rather baren (Stern) at $9k with a lack of 3D molds, and features. At some point these prices need to be justified by featues and Stern simply doesn't consistently do that.

Same goes for $7500 standard JJP vs a $7500 premium. Yes JP premium is a blast but there's no doubt how much cheaper everything looks in that game compared to Wonka SE.

#23 4 years ago

Well, If GnRs turns out to be a home run, i'll be preping the Mrs. for a diet of rice+beans, nil holidays and tightening of belts..
    I'll be dropping coin on a collectors edition

#24 4 years ago

Need a fast flowing heart pumping game in standard body. Can't see it as a wide body. I'm sure JJP knows where they are at after Pirates. No need for a difficult build into a wide body for a music theme. I'm looking forward in seeing and playing it.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

o you are calling WOZ and JJP pins loaded pieces of crap? Lol. I rather have a loaded game (JJP) for $9k then one rather baren (Stern) at $9k with a lack of 3D molds, and features. At some point these prices need to be justified by featues and Stern simply doesn't consistently do that.

Stern $9,000 game is for chumps that want a low run game JJP 5000 units is not a low run game for JJP fans who like dumb ass shit like small runs the price is $12,500 not $9,000

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

GnR is my favorite band of all time, so of course I'm very excited about this pin.
    From what Zach said on a recent podcast, it sounded like we may see it revealed in house by JJP before Texas, and that pins would be shipping two weeks after the reveal.

if this is fact then I am going to hold some game room space and cash for a few more weeks

#27 4 years ago

It's a great time to be a pinballer!! so many great themes this past year

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

So many things to hate and complain about! Gonna be a great year on Pinside!

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from fisherdaman:

and new blood on the designer front. It is nice to get some different layouts.

#30 4 years ago

i'm sure Gn'r not widebody

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thot:

Because JJP said so or because someone on the Forum said so?

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thot:

Why?. Im hoping JJP doesnt go away from Widebodies. IMO wonka was clearly Lower BOM then their other widebodies and that was part of why it wasnt as much widley loved.

Stick to the widebody and what people love you for. !

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

Stern $9,000 game is for chumps that want a low run game JJP 5000 units is not a low run game for JJP fans who like dumb ass shit like small runs the price is $12,500 not $9,000

$15k for a piece of an old couch anyone? Lol

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

The music becomes background noise when you're playing the machine.

Tell that to Shrek owners when they hit the start button.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

Why?. Im hoping JJP doesnt go away from Widebodies. IMO wonka was clearly Lower BOM then their other widebodies and that was part of why it wasnt as much widley loved.

Maybe I’m in the minority but I prefer standard body pins.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

I think JJP wants and needs to be a profitable company. A few years back we heard that after 5 years they still hadn't turned a profit. I think this is part of the reasoning for ending production of Pirates and focusing on slightly scaled back games in terms of features like Wonka.

With a $7500 SE JJP can better compete for the operator market as well as be competitive against Stern premiums. Then they can still have higher end models targeted at home buyers / collectors but have a greater profit margin on them. As long as JJP can keep build and code quality high I think they will be very competitive with their new business model.

#37 4 years ago

POTC should be the exact thing that JJP avoids in the future.

Mechanical nightmare. Several years' production cycle. Features removed because they don't work, wasting tons of R&D money, time, and enraging the Pinside masses.

JJP needs to stay in business to keep you yobs happy, and that's gonna happen if they ever go the POTC route again.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mechanical nightmare. Several years' production cycle. Features removed because they don't work, wasting tons of R&D money, time, and enraging the Pinside masses.
    JJP needs to stay in business to keep you yobs happy, and that's gonna happen if they ever go the POTC route again.

We finally agree on something Crazy lol. I want JJP to be around for the long term and if that means more games like Wonka and none like Pirates that's fine. As long as they keep the same build and code quality that they have been known for I'm cool with that.

#39 4 years ago

This is a must play before buying senario. The only game that JJ has produced that I find worth playing is Dialed In. The rest are dimly lit bore fests but that’s why there are so many manufacturers and fans of those manufacturers.
    Hope they hit it out of the park they need a real home run pirates and wonka were major let downs for me.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Makes logical sense. Only comment is that the triple wheel def worked. Too expensive

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh. Mine has been mechanically perfect since day 1 and I wasn't enraged about a silly spinning disc.

#calmerthanyouare

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Makes logical sense. Only comment is that the triple wheel def worked. Too expensive

The one I played certainly didn't work. It made painful grinding sounds!

#43 4 years ago

Sorry, but (for me) the only thing worse than a JJP rock-band machine would be another Stern rock-band machine.

I have yet to play a rock-band machine that I even liked - never mind would buy.

Obviously, I seem to be in the minority here.

#44 4 years ago

Only thing I’m waiting for is some Led Zeppelin!

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Psw757:

Only thing I’m waiting for is some Led Zeppelin!

I would’ve have never imagined a Zeppelin pinball machine.Led Zeppelin is the greatest band of all time.I’m just not sure how their great songs work for pinball.
    AC/DC and bands like Poison and Motley Crew

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

$15k for a piece of an old couch anyone? Lol

You won't find me try to justify these dumb ass prices JJP went to $12,500 the second he saw 16k on batman by the way you can still find CE DI games LOL http://pinballs.com

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

...and bands like Poison and Motley Crew

When Motely Crew is mentioned I often wonder if I could think of anything worse? I now have the answer!

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Huh. Mine has been mechanically perfect since day 1 and I wasn't enraged about a silly spinning disc.
    #calmerthanyouare

I always wonder if the folks that try to bash PoTC have ever put real time on it, with it setup correctly, preferably in a home environment. I am no fan boy of any company... but it's really hard to legitimately argue this game isn't exceptional. Nothing says that each game they do doesn't have its own pricing model either. If they make an insane game like PoTC... then charge appropriately for it. If they make a more mainstream game like Wonka... then charge appropriately for that. Supply and demand will take care of the rest.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Sorry, but (for me) the only thing worse than a JJP rock-band machine would be another Stern rock-band machine.
    I have yet to play a rock-band machine that I even liked - never mind would buy.
    Obviously, I seem to be in the minority here.

You do seem to be. Especially on this thread

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

hahhahaha. I laugh because when JJP started and said they would only make 1 game. and then all the pinheads were all chanting how great they were...and now they do what Stern does... and where are the crow eaters

Pretty excited to see how GnR looks and plays! My wife's side of the family is huge into music, so metallica and ac/dc are big hits in the collection.

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-?hl=majordrainer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.