(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.
    #401 3 years ago
    Quoted from noob-a-tron:

The whole band sucked that night not just Axl.

Phoenix is a helluva long way from Melbourne, sorry you wasted the trip.

Nice intimate arena and a pretty cool crowd there though, don't ya think?

#402 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

We drove from here to 100+ degree Arizona in one like this. We called it "The Craft"[quoted image]

I think but not sure this show was at My favorite no longer venue Irvine Meadows in CA but I did not make it in high school.

#403 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Irvine Meadows in CA

Yeah, like Feziwigs, Irvine Meadows rocked. You talk about Motorhead and Scorpions and that is just icing on the cake of the bands that rocked us there.

#404 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Phoenix is a helluva long way from Melbourne, sorry you wasted the trip.
    Nice intimate arena and a pretty cool crowd there though, don't ya think?

Sorry mate when they played in Melbourne they sucked in about 92 or 93 i think it was. Great crowd though back then it made the concert worth it.

#405 3 years ago

GnR was hit or miss I heard when it came to their live shows. A throwback to the old days I guess. Three times I saw them they were great.

Perhaps they were more comfortable and put on a better effort closer to home.

I heard Axl say he once got lost in my hometown.

#406 3 years ago

I've read a lot of good concert reviews in this thread and some complaints over covers, so can anyone tell me if any of the other bands that got a pin ever did anything as horrible as the raping of "when doves cry" that Metallica did?

#407 3 years ago

I have seen GNR twice and the first time was very average and then i seen them again recently and they were brilliant. Seen Metallica once and they were brilliant. Sabbath once and brilliant. Slayer twice once absolute shit as he lost his voice and they only played so they didnt have to refund, Thanks for Megadeth saved that concert. Second time i seen Slayer recently they were tha shit! Iron Maiden once and were great.

#408 3 years ago

GnR must have got road weary fast. We had bands from England that flew over the ocean that would put in a better effort than they would once they crossed the Rockies.

What do you expect from a garage band out of Los Angeles?

Axl "I never knew Fullerton was so big"

#409 3 years ago

Maybe our Women wore them out to fast!

#410 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, like Feziwigs, Irvine Meadows rocked. You talk about Motorhead and Scorpions and that is just icing on the cake of the bands that rocked us there.

Oh yes Feziwigs, had to be out after 11Pm if not 18 I think as was in high school, that’s where I first played pinball (the last line up I remember was 4 or 5 pins, World Cup Soccer, Twilight Zone, TFTC, and Dracula to my memory on left when you walked in front door) besides Ballpark Pizza where I played T2 and whitewater by My house after soccer games. Seen the Scorps and many others at Irvine Meadows. love Motorhead too at House of Blues And our station KNAC.

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:Oh yes Feziwigs, had to be out after 11Pm if not 18

If you were a dude. That's where the year I was born came in handy. It was a fresh BK2K when we played there. The music magically attracted a swarm of girls.

#412 3 years ago

God's honest truth. This is where I spent my lunch hours playing Data East Guns N Roses. There were no other games needed at this location. Before you ask it is in La Habra on Whittier Blvd. If you can find a better view, please post.

download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
    #413 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Pink Floyd for sure!

I have absolutely no idea how to create a pinball machine but if no one makes a badass Pink Floyd pinball machine here soon (Better be JJ!).......I’m gonna have to learn. I can imagine the light show on that puppy!

#414 3 years ago

Can the OP change the title of this thread. I see +30 new posts thinking there's some news, only to see discussions about GnR's best shows and pictures of *cringe* Limp Bizkit

#415 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Can the OP change the title of this thread.

And what difference would that make?

If he was to call it "GnR is way better than Metallica or Iron Maiden", would that prevent you from clicking on it?

#416 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If he was to call it "GnR is way better than Metallica or Iron Maiden", would that prevent you from clicking on it?

Absolutely.
    Bunch of dudes arguing which pinball machine as better powdercaot is bad enough, but I guess we all signed up for it.
    This on the other hand...

#417 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Bunch of dudes arguing which pinball machine as better powdercaot is bad enough, but I guess we all signed up for it.
    This on the other hand...

Powdercoat is one thing, but I'm still trying to figure out this my living in the past is better than your living in the past routine.

#418 3 years ago
    Quoted from RichieWrench:

I am in on a CE Model for sure.

No way! Are you serious?

#419 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

And what difference would that make?

Um, yeah.

#422 3 years ago
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    #423 3 years ago

Like I said, you're going to get the 90s trendy skull art in a family friendly pin. Too funny.

#424 3 years ago

I hope it’s not true as WOZ RR is packed.I always thought similar design and take out the right flipper and add a ramp that curls and interacts with the munchkin area (new liscence just for visual) They would start a new era that great designs would come from .4 flipper,2ramp,2 upper playfields and 2 orbits)add inner orbit to either UP).It would be a shame to see them stop altogether as IMO much more to work with .Both have they’re pluses.Cheers!

#425 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hope it’s not true as WOZ RR is packed.

Not everyone likes that style. I prefer a more open PF. Least amount of stops, and gadgets that hold up the ball. I think we need both and we have that. JJP knows what they are doing and I believe they are making the right choice.

#426 3 years ago

How disappointing

#427 3 years ago

JJP not producing any more widebody pins is the saddest pinball news I've heard since Williams announced they were ending thier manufacture of pinball machines

#428 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pin_Guy:

JJP not producing any more widebody pins is the saddest pinball news I've heard since Williams announced they were ending thier manufacture of pinball machines

This coming from a cranky old designer who also said pinball was dead!

#429 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

This coming from a cranky old designer who also said pinball was dead!

so sad.

#430 3 years ago

wouldn't surprise me that they standardize all games like Stern....this is just a cost saving measure....

#431 3 years ago

so he thinks his best game to date was a mistake....priceless

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Not everyone likes that style. I prefer a more open PF. Least amount of stops, and gadgets that hold up the ball. I think we need both and we have that. JJP knows what they are doing and I believe they are making the right choice.

I hear ya I just feel widebodys should be snuck in play here n there to satisfy the fans of it as they should also take the pin body into a 3rd direction something outta the box.Something new I’m sure the designers would like that.I got sick of building the same old houses all the time went to high rises much the same now I’m a building engineer where everything is constantly changing as far as equipment it makes things fun again .

#433 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

I hear ya I just feel widebodys should be snuck in play here n there to satisfy the fans of it

I'm with ya. Nothing wrong at all with a fast playing widebody. They should all do a widebody every once in a while. Same goes for women. Nothing wrong with mixing it up with a nice widebody every now and then. Sometimes they are the most fun.

#434 3 years ago

Original GnR was wide and I kinda hoped this one would be too....

#435 3 years ago

who cares ? show us the Pin

#436 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

wouldn't surprise me that they standardize all games like Stern....this is just a cost saving measure....

I'mm all for standardization ... all widebodies!

#437 3 years ago
    Quoted from SLRage:

I have absolutely no idea how to create a pinball machine but if no one makes a badass Pink Floyd pinball machine here soon (Better be JJ!).......I’m gonna have to learn. I can imagine the light show on that puppy!

Oh man, I didn't know how bad I need this! Can't imagine it happening, though. Roger Waters would probably torpedo it. Too bad. The potential is crazy!

#438 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

so he thinks his best game to date was a mistake....priceless

but it was a failure on route. RS is widebody as well. TZ is awesome, but did not do well or well received back when it was released. I agree it's Pats best game of all time.

#439 3 years ago

Hope we get reveal soon - expecting great things.

Read article saying Queen are back to being one of the biggest bands in the world!

Hitting every age demographic.

Queen pin next to GnR would be fun!

#440 3 years ago

The next Music pins that need to be done are: Sabbath, Slayer, Led Zeppelin.

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

TZ is awesome, but did not do well or well received back when it was released.

Its a great game but when I had many pins in the house and people came over it was last on the list. Too much for the casual player.

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Its a great game but when I had many pins in the house and people came over it was last on the list. Too much for the casual player.

I agree. I had a TZ fully decked out. Beautiful example but to complicated for the casual player.

#443 3 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I agree. I had a TZ fully decked out. Beautiful example but to complicated for the casual player.

Lol TZ is easy as pie compared to any JJP game

#444 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

jesus_laughable (resized).jpgjesus_laughable (resized).jpg

Where did he say anything about it being more or equally as difficult as JJP game?

#445 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

[quoted image]
    Where did he say anything about it being more or equally as difficult as JJP game?

You can start comparing stuff at any point, if there was a rule stating you can only start comparisons when someone else has compared something first, no one would ever be allowed to compare anything?

#446 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

I dont know if I'd say that with DI.

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I dont know if I'd say that with DI.

It's fairly easy to figure out bash the guy, start a mode on DI. I feel like every game should have that level of simplicity for the casual player to enjoy, and hopefully some deeper rules for the advanced player. I played the Hobbit a handful of times and had no idea what to do. I played Pirates a few times and felt like I needed to take an 8 hour course before playing. WoZ, maybe not as bad, but still no super obvious instantly enjoy it mode. I'm sure all 3 of these games are great after you understand them. Hopefully GnR will have both.

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

It's fairly easy to figure out bash the guy, start a mode on DI. I feel like every game should have that level of simplicity for the casual player to enjoy, and hopefully some deeper rules for the advanced player. I played the Hobbit a handful of times and had no idea what to do. I played Pirates a few times and felt like I needed to take an 8 hour course before playing. WoZ, maybe not as bad, but still no super obvious instantly enjoy it mode. I'm sure all 3 of these games are great after you understand them. Hopefully GnR will have both.

yup, that's the main problems with JJP games. Overly complicated to the point where it's not interesting to play. DI is the best attempt to be somewhat self teaching.

#449 3 years ago

When are we getting news about GNR? I heard the news was supposed to be today?!

#450 3 years ago

Free beer tomorrow....

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-/page/9?hl=kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.