(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg
    There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
    #301 3 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Was POTC LE “limited” to 2000 units?

Where are you getting that information? According to Pinside the POTC Standard was 150 units, LE was 650 units and CE was 200 units for a grand total of 1000 units. I'm not aware that they made any more than that, hence the rarity and demand for these games.

#302 3 years ago

I really don’t care if it’s called an LE and has 5000 made. It’s basically their version of the premium and we’re all aware of it at this point. If you want a limited run machine to brag about then buy the CE. I don’t understand the frustration with the Le model at this point. Call it an le, a premium, a mid level whatever. Buy the game because you want the game, not because you want something “limited” that others can’t have. I actually really like the cabinet options jjp puts out including the special editions at times.

#303 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Where are you getting that information? According to Pinside the POTC Standard was 150 units, LE was 650 units and CE was 200 units for a grand total of 1000 units. I'm not aware that they made any more than that, hence the rarity and demand for these games.

Not that they made more than that, but the original LE run was set to be capped at a much higher number IE Wonka CE capped at 500 but it is highly unlikely they will sell 500 CE’s

Edit: I found my answer it appears there was no limit to how many POTC LE would be produced, so it was an unlimited limited edition

C98D8CBA-BECC-4BFC-99D3-819F545BEFB1 (resized).jpegC98D8CBA-BECC-4BFC-99D3-819F545BEFB1 (resized).jpeg

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I really don’t care if it’s called an LE and has 5000 made. It’s basically their version of the premium and we’re all aware of it at this point. If you want a limited run machine to brag about then buy the CE. I don’t understand the frustration with the Le model at this point. Call it an le, a premium, a mid level whatever. Buy the game because you want the game, not because you want something “limited” that others can’t have. I actually really like the cabinet options jjp puts out including the special editions at times.

Totally agree....CE is really the only truly "limited" game they build....

#305 3 years ago

Not that they made more than that, but the original LE run was set to be capped at a much higher number IE Wonka CE capped at 500 but it is highly unlikely they will sell 500 CE’s
    Edit: I found my answer it appears there was no limit to how many POTC LE would be produced, so it was an unlimited limited edition
    [quoted image]

Then, let’s call it premium edition rather than limited edition.

#306 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. But Pinside's numbers are correct on how many POTC games were actually made, right? Just curious (mainly because I own one). I do agree with others' comments that if they are going to make an unlimited number of "limited editions" they should change the name to "premium" to avoid any confusion. Some pinheads buy limited editions under the premise that they will actually be limited and therefore rare (and possibly grow in value). That's not why I bought my LE, but some people do and they are justified in feeling jipped if the limited runs aren't really limited.

#307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Novastorm:

All these "limited" numbers being thrown around, 2000, 5000...think i can interest someone in my Rollercoaster Tycoon?
    Only 2500 made according to the info here on pinside so definitely limited, 11k seems fair right?

for 11k that troll better have the blue hair.

#308 3 years ago

I suggest that the customer can choose the name of the edition himself. I would call mine "the super duper duper limited to one and only one and I'm the only one who has it because I am so awesome and I am the envy of everybody I know edition".

I expect to get an MS Word file with the game in which I can enter the name of the edition and print out my certificate (in color) thus proving the extremely limited nature of my game.

I would be proud indeed.

#309 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Then, let’s call it premium edition rather than limited edition.

Why use a term used by somebody else?

I had a Ford LTD and they made as many as they could sell. Also the Camry LE my mom bought isn't really bothering me that I have seen 1000s of them on the road.

Also I never got the "pro" model. Would the pros rather have that one than a full featured game?

#310 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Honest question. What makes you think they won't sell out the 500 Wonka CEs? I have one and am fine if they sell out or only sell 200, but I am just curious.

#311 3 years ago

At this point ALL potc are limited editions

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

for 11k that troll better have the blue hair.

You betcha, wouldn't dare ask 11k if it didn't

#313 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Why use a term used by somebody else?
    I had a Ford LTD and they made as many as they could sell. Also the Camry LE my mom bought isn't really bothering me that I have seen 1000s of them on the road.
    Also I never got the "pro" model. Would the pros rather have that one than a full featured game?

They can call it as they want but not « limited » edition coz it is not limited. Premium, excellence, deluxe, master...what else..

#314 3 years ago

They can call it as they want but not « limited » edition coz it is not limited.

Limited has other meanings besides a set number of units. It can also relate to time or features among other things. I don't believe they advertised it as a set number of units except for as many as ordered. If they had, then I would see your point.

ie "Limited Edition is limited to these features" "Limited Edition is limited to how many order one in a limited amount of time"

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Limited%20edition

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png

#315 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

At this point ALL potc are limited editions

Very true....less standards than LE and CE's

#316 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Limited has other meanings besides a set number of units. It can also relate to time or features among other things. I don't believe they advertised it as a set number of units except for as many as ordered. If they had, then I would see your point.
    ie "Limited Edition is limited to these features" "Limited Edition is limited to how many order one in a limited amount of time"
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Limited%20edition

I hear you but it is confusing.
    Ok LE games get specific stuff, it is related to the model. However, limited edition is mainly referring to a limited number, like any other limited edition for any other product.
    But they can call it as they want, even limited edition, I don’t really care. Owners get all the same game. So, what is the issue?

#317 3 years ago

However, limited edition is mainly referring to a limited number, like any other limited edition for any other product.

Right. OK, so it's a Luxury Edition.
    images (resized).jpegimages (resized).jpeg

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Right.[quoted image]

LE stands for luxury edition in the case of the Camry, according to Wikipedia (which i know doesn't automatically make it true but in the case of a Camry I don't think it's wrong on this occasion).

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally agree....CE is really the only truly "limited" game they build....

Yeah, which is a bummer considering that JJP is increasing CE counts and that they exist to begin with. Wonka CE is "limited" to 500...

#320 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Appetite is full of F Bombs

Damn it.
    That was the best of their library for me. Man when that album hit, I'm 14 just discovering hash and pinball and other things. Its like a soundtrack. It would suck if they made it overly family friendly but I think I can deal with the radio versions of the songs whilst playing.

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from Novastorm:LE stands for luxury edition in the case of the Camry, according to Wikipedia (which i know doesn't automatically make it true but in the case of a Camry I don't think it's wrong on this occasion).

I already figured that out. lol.

But forget about the LE cargument for now, how would they be able to appease the family friendly and PC crowd with a GnR game when that is basically what the band was totally anti in the first place?

Can anybody come up with a family friendly song list that has nothing offensive by today's standards in any of them?

A big LOL on that!

#322 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I already figured that out. lol.
    But forget about the LE cargument for now, how would they be able to appease the family friendly and PC crowd with a GnR game when that is basically what the band was totally anti in the first place?
    Can anybody come up with a family friendly song list that has nothing offensive by today's standards in any of them?
    A big LOL on that!

I for one say fuck a family friendly play list, make a machine for adults.

Got an 8 year old whose brain will explode if he hears a naughty word? Well this pin isn't for you, go grab a Hotwheels or Turtles and get a 2nd hand GnR a few years down the road when you think it's ready for some swearwords...

Also: no I don't have kids and yes I am planning on getting a Turtles myself so I have nothing against it (or Hotwheels), I am just of the opinion that not everything has to be adjusted to suit people with kids, it's ok for some things to be only for adults, or cool parents who dare to let their children hear swearwords without immediately fearing for their souls...

#323 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Damn it.
    That was the best of their library for me.

Only thing they ever did that was good front to back...
    That's why I don't get the desire for a GnR Machine. They haven't done anything worthy of note since 1989 or so.

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

That's why I don't get the desire for a GnR Machine. They haven't done anything worthy of note since 1989 or so.

Nostalgia? It's not like Iron Maiden is full of stuff from their latest album.

#325 3 years ago
    Quoted from Novastorm:

Nostalgia? It's not like Iron Maiden is full of stuff from their latest album.

Yeah, but Maiden had a 6-7 Album run that is mostly unparalleled in Hard Rock.

From 1979/80 - 1991 or so...and they still produced another 6-7 titles and World Tours in support of them, afterwards.

GnR made one good LP. One.

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Yeah, but Maiden had a 6-7 Album run that is mostly unparalleled in Hard Rock.
    From 1979/80 - 1991 or so...and they still produced another 6-7 titles and World Tours in support of them.
    GnR made one good LP. One.

Granted, but there's 12 songs on Iron Maiden, and 12 songs on Appetite, so that 1 album is all you need

Also i actually enjoyed some illusion songs so wouldn't mind some of them in the mix...

#327 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Kinda like AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, beatles, Iron Maiden, etc....????

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Kinda like AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, beatles, Iron Maiden, etc....???? Some best sellers for stern right there and I’ll argue gnr is as big as any

#329 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Kinda like AC/DC, Metallica, Aerosmith, beatles, Iron Maiden, etc....????

Except GnR is a newer band than any of those.

#330 3 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

One can only hope Obscenity level is game option setting

Quoted from Novastorm:

Got an 8 year old whose brain will explode if he hears a naughty word?

#331 3 years ago
    Quoted from Novastorm:

I for one say fuck a family friendly play list, make a machine for adults.
    Got an 8 year old whose brain will explode if he hears a naughty word? Well this pin isn't for you, go grab a Hotwheels or Turtles and get a 2nd hand GnR a few years down the road when you think it's ready for some swearwords...
    Also: no I don't have kids and yes I am planning on getting a Turtles myself so I have nothing against it (or Hotwheels), I am just of the opinion that not everything has to be adjusted to suit people with kids, it's ok for some things to be only for adults, or cool parents who dare to let their children hear swearwords without immediately fearing for their souls...

My girls were born adults. You can't shock them with anything!

#332 3 years ago

It will be interesting to see what they decide on for songs. Sure, the catalog isn't huge, but I disagree with the only one good album statement. First off, Appetite is so good, it's almost not fair to the others. If GnR released 2 or 3 Appetite tunes per record and spread them over 3 or 4 albums with a bunch of junk filler like most bands, would you say they had a vast catalog?

I think most of Appetite is fair game. Anything Goes, probably not. Your Crazy and Out ta Get Me probably not either.

Lies is tricky. One in a Million is out. Your Crazy, again, probably not. Nice Boys and Mama Kin are covers. Licensing for Nice Boys probably isn't an issue, Mama Kin might be expensive. That really only leaves Patience and Used to Love her.

Use Your Illusion- This never could have lived up to he hype. There are a lot of great songs spread out over the 2 albums, along with 5 or 6 awful ones. 2 of the biggest hits are covers, and I'd be happy if they left out both. Don't Cry and November Rain were huge, but I really don't want a ballad in a pinball machine. Coma, Civil War, You Could be Mine, Yesterdays would all be definite. I could easily pick another 10 tunes I'd like to see on the game.

Spaghetti Incident- I love this album, give it another chance if you wrote it off when it came out. Maybe the fact that most of the original artists weren't super well known it has a chance? Hair of the Dog is so good. Attitude, Since i Don't have You, I'd be pumped. Charles Manson tune is probably off the table.

Chinese Democracy- As much as I don't want any of these on the game it wouldn't make sense to leave them all out. I just hope it's not more than 1 or 2. The song Chinese Democracy was played on the latest tour along with Madagascar.

New Songs!! There has to be at least 1 new track. 2 or 3 would be amazing.

Hey Jack! Give a us some cool collectible vinyl with the game! And not just the $12k model. Us poor folk in the $7.5k bracket want one too.

#333 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

I own a Chrysler Pacifica Limited and rage every time I see another one

#334 3 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:I own a Chrysler Pacifica Limited and rage every time I see another one

Lmfao

#335 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Except GnR is a newer band than any of those.

Late 80’s early 90’s? When was the height of the other bands? I suppose if gnr is “newer” then they should be even more relevant.
    They’re an all time legendary band, maybe the biggest of all time especially of the hair band era. Why does it matter what they did after their pinnacle? You can say the same for every other band in existence, yet he aforementioned band pins sold better than most other themes. GNR is going to kill it on sales!!!!

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

I own a Chrysler Pacifica Limited and rage every time I see another one

#337 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Lies is tricky. One in a Million is out. Your Crazy, again, probably not. Nice Boys and Mama Kin are covers. Licensing for Nice Boys probably isn't an issue, Mama Kin might be expensive. That really only leaves Patience and Used to Love her.

Patience is too slow, so this would do.

"I used to love her but I had to kill her
    I used to love her, oh yeah but I had to kill her
    I had to put her six feet under
    And I can still hear her complain"

#338 3 years ago

Limited edition means you get a limited amount of extras unless you pay more for add ons or buy upper end models like a CE or a SuperLE.

#339 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinpoor:

My girls were born adults. You can't shock them with anything!

Good on you for trying, i was singing along with Night Train when I was 10...Remember someone asking me if i knew what it was about...had no idea of course , glad my parents weren't in fear of my brain being corrupted.

I also distinctly remember people died in the Robotech cartoons back then, none of this pussying out and animators outside of Japan adding parachutes to protect the tender kiddies back then from learning that shooting people has consequences...

#340 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Neither has Metallica or Maiden. Not to mention they left out Kill Em all on Met and the first 2 Maiden albums. GnR has the same thing however that those 2 bands have. Nostalgia for 40 and 50 something rock on and metal heads and that's enough.

#341 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Neither has Metallica or Maiden. Not to mention they left out Kill Em all on Met and the first 2 Maiden albums. GnR has the same thing however that those 2 bands have. Nostalgia for 40 and 50 something rock on and metal heads and that's enough.

Exactly this!

#342 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Seek and Destroy is on MET no?

#343 3 years ago

My kids 17 and 23 believe Metallica and GNR and Slayer and Maiden are some of the best music ever made. They love My Maiden and Metallica pinball machines. Took them to see them live a few years ago and they said Slash was the best guitar player they had seen live. He blew us all away.

#344 3 years ago

I just don't see gnr pulling the sales that Metallica and Maiden did. They don't have the continued presence that the other bands do. Who likes fat, lazy, narcissist Axel? They don't have much for good art or overall branding. Plus it's a recycled theme that is purely driven by one of the members of the band.

I'll admit my bias here. I was a metal head growing up and could never understand the popularity of this band. Axel sounds like a constipated duck.

#345 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I just don't see gnr pulling the sales that Metallica and Maiden did. They don't have the continued presence that the other bands do. Who likes fat, lazy, narcissist Axel? They don't have much for good art or overall branding. Plus it's a recycled theme that is purely driven by one of the members of the band.
    I'll admit my bias here. I was a metal head growing up and could never understand the popularity of this band. Axel sounds like a constipated duck.

It really depends on if GnR is lights out awesome - or not. I like Metallica and ACDC over GnR (but I much prefer GnR over Maiden).

For me looking at the recent rock band themes I would go with: ACDC > Metallica > Aerosmith > GnR > Maiden.

That said GnR is very popular - and sometimes themes take a back seat to a great pinball design and rules.

#346 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Since there is nothing better to do, and there is no announcement I'll play along.

I just don't see gnr pulling the sales that Metallica and Maiden did.

Who knows? Both of those games had a lower entry level price point. I think it will do well.

They don't have the continued presence that the other bands do.

Not in this Lifetime tour grossed $584 million. This was over 3 years, but none of the other bands come anywhere near that.

Who likes fat, lazy, narcissist Axel?

I don't get why people get so hung up on the guys weight. The guy gained some weight, and then lost most of it for this tour. I'm fat and depressed and I didn't even ruin the greatest rock band of all time, imagine how tough it is for him? Ha! Lazy? Maybe. Narcissistic? Definitely.

They don't have much for good art or overall branding.
    Do a search for Guns N Roses tour posters. They had some great art in my opinion. Nobody can beat Maiden in the art department though.

Axel sounds like a constipated duck.
    People either love him or hate him. I personally can't stand Geddy Lee. Can't even listen to the band. I know I'm missing out.

#347 3 years ago

Everyone has an opinion....IMHO GNR music is 10X IM, and on par with Met....if the game play is in the same league as POTC they will sell a ton of games.

#348 3 years ago

if the layout, toys, rules and lights are awesome (and I’m kind of expecting this), I could see myself getting this. Heck, maybe I’ll even become a fan of the band. If it’s not a must have, Wonka will go back to the top of the list. Nothing else really NIB which strikes my fancy at the moment.

I am kind of hoping that JJP redefines what a music pin can be. I never really liked the Stern concept of just playing songs from the group the whole game with call outs and other noises. On the other hand, a music pin can offer a lot of flexibility because the design team is not so bound to storylines as with a movie pin.

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from branlon8:

I never really liked the Stern concept of just playing songs from the group the whole game with call outs and other noises.

...I'm genuinely interested in what else you'd do with a music pin? I for one wouldn't be interested in a music pin if it hardly plays a bands songs.

#350 3 years ago

I think Guns 'n Roses is 'bigger' than Metallica, Aerosmith or Iron Maiden.
    Sometimes I see a teenager here walk with a Guns 'n Roses T-shirt, or Bob Marley, or Nirvana. If I'm not mistaken that almost never happens with one of the other bands that have been used as a recent pinball-theme (or maybe I just don't notice those t-shirts ).

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-/page/7?hl=holden1090 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.