(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
    #201 3 years ago

Wouldn’t it be ironic if GNR is just a code name? Woody was a cowboy (gun) and Buzz did that salsa dance with Jessie (rose)......

#202 3 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yes, but not this pic, looks like shes taking a dump.

Really that's what you see?

#203 3 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Don't bother trying to convince Hazoff to do anything fun, his inner-child died long ago.

Quoted from solarvalue:

Don't bother trying to convince Hazoff to do anything fun, his inner-child died long ago.

That's a fact Jack!

#204 3 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Wouldn’t it be ironic if GNR is just a code name?

Wouldn't it be more ironic if JJP took on an theme like GnR with adult content and language while Stern is now pumping out games safe for children. I mean games for children. I don't know any adults really into cartoon turtles or dinosaurs.

#205 3 years ago
    Quoted from wyopin:

Has anyone heard rumors as to a potential release date for JJPs next one?

I heard...sometime in 2020.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

That's a fact Jack!

He has redeemed himself in my eyes by upvoting my post, which shows he can laugh at himself. Bravo Hazoff!

#207 3 years ago

Hazoff just hasn't figured out yet they are putting out so many G rated games now because that's all many men's wives will allow them to have.
    Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#208 3 years ago

Tick ... tick ... tick ...

source.gifsource.gif

#209 3 years ago

Frankly, GNR or TS is fine for me regarding theme.
    All will depends on design, theme integration, and rules to make me buy it.

#210 3 years ago

I have to say that on paper, having a quality (assuming PF issues are resolved—which by all accounts they are?) manufacturer like JJP combined with a non-kiddie theme, plus a designer like Eric, and the full-blown support of a key creator of the theme/content (aka Slash) who is “all-in” on the game, I have to believe this game has all the makings of a classic....on paper.

#211 3 years ago
    Quoted from Freakyguy666:

I have to believe this game has all the makings of a classic....on paper.

I remember the GnR days when we were getting hammered and going to shows. And weeknights and weekends with friends getting totally inebriated and debaucherous with their music playing.

The visions I have had of what this game could be are kinda like that, which would be epic, or no way they would ever do that today.

If it ends up being watered down for friendly family or overly sensitive people, then why bother?

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Toy Story would sell a lot more than GnR.
    Just has a much bigger scope of potential buyers compared to an aging rock band.

I am worried i will miss out on a Gunners first run in OZ and do not give a flying fuck about a kiddie theme leave that for the weirdos.

#213 3 years ago

GnR don't worry.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
    #214 3 years ago

Toy Story is the lamest theme ever...it’s a fkn little kids movie!

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

Did you ever watch these movies with your kids?Some of the best story telling and the best animation ever made.You should probaly buy a GnR

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

It sounds like you haven't watched them. The first three are legit good movies. You shouldn't be so dismissive of the franchise as it will cast a wide net. I'm personally way more excited for that than GNR. But I can never look theme if everything else is going to be amazing.

Quoted from titanpenguin:

Wouldn’t it be ironic if GNR is just a code name? Woody was a cowboy (gun) and Buzz did that salsa dance with Jessie (rose)......

Now THAT is a stretch. Lol. It would have been a better code name to call it "cowboys and aliens."

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hazoff just hasn't figured out yet they are putting out so many G rated games now because that's all many men's wives will allow them to have.

I always assumed that was the excitement behind a lot of these themes, the kids love it so the wife might let me buy it or she loves it and wants one. I kinda have to believe that as the alternative is really sad. I think the pinball companies are hip to this as well, who offers middle aged men, little kid themes. Not just JJP either, I mean I'm a GB's fan and liked Hot Wheels but that was when I was 10 years old. Then again I loved the Road Warrior around that time so who knows. Think of this as it was the JJP pinball line up to date.

Road Warrior
    Alien
    Predator
    Strange Brew
    Star Trek The Wrath of Khan

Is that not more appealing than the current line up? Don't u think JJP would have exploded with these titles? so what else could it be than themes that let u very confused married guys sell ur wife on a purchase.

I just want to see GnR already. TMNT looks fun but, a bad cartoon from the 80's. Damn it

#218 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

It sounds like you haven't watched them. The first three are legit good movies. You shouldn't be so dismissive of the franchise as it will cast a wide net. I'm personally way more excited for that than GNR. But I can never look theme if everything else is going to be amazing.

Now THAT is a stretch. Lol. It would have been a better code name to call it "cowboys and aliens."

What?JJP is making Cowboys & Aliens take my money now

#219 3 years ago

Who cares about toys? Its all about the layout, geometry and game play.

I’m sure JJP will nail this one. They’ve been working on it forever, I can’t wait for Toy story

#220 3 years ago
    Quoted from adamsebas:

Quoted from romulusx:

Did you ever watch these movies with your kids?Some of the best story telling and the best animation ever made.You should probaly buy a GnR

Toy Story is an incredibly well written and clever series. Adults can appreciate it and kids love it too. I have two kids who would be on board for this pin and I would as well. We currently really like Wonka and are big fans of the movie. I also am a big GNR fan, but most likely will watch jealously from the sidelines as I am sure it will be adult themed.

#221 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Who cares about toys?

JJP buyers; you dont have to wait too long for them to mention it.

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

JJP buyers; you dont have to wait too long for them to mention it.

Don’t forget who started pinball manufacturing in the right direction.I remember how bad shit was getting when Stern had no competition!

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I remember the GnR days when we were getting hammered and going to shows. And weeknights and weekends with friends getting totally inebriated and debaucherous with their music playing.
    The visions I have had of what this game could be are kinda like that, which would be epic, or no way they would ever do that today.
    If it ends up being watered down for friendly family or overly sensitive people, then why bother?

Depends on your definition of “watered down”. If you’re expecting full frontal nudity with glorified drug use, I’m certain you’ll be disappointed!

#224 3 years ago

I've yet to see a music inspired pin that actually delivered the goods. I'm not holding my breath here either.

And NIB? No fucking way. Never again. No more new pins for me.

#225 3 years ago

If you’re expecting full frontal nudity with glorified drug use, I’m certain you’ll be disappointed!

With pinball as watered down as it is over the last few years, this is what I am expecting.

f5e15fa81cfcc78550ba09fc1681f79ed3ee7fa62139c77888c08a32c0c24e5b (resized).jpgf5e15fa81cfcc78550ba09fc1681f79ed3ee7fa62139c77888c08a32c0c24e5b (resized).jpg
    #226 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

With pinball as watered down as it is over the last few years, this is what I am expecting.

did Slash play a strat? I always thought he was more the les paul guy. And since when did Slash wear a cowboy hat? No no no - this picture is just off.

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

With pinball as watered down as it is over the last few years, this is what I am expecting.[quoted image]

that would actually be better than that Funko garbage that everyone is in love with

#228 3 years ago

Yes, I am looking forward to a new GnR game where they cut out all references to drugs, violence, and other vices. Then we can all be happy and pretend like none of it ever happened.

GLWS!

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I am looking forward to a new GnR game where they cut out all references to drugs, violence, and other vices. Then we can all be happy and pretend like none of it ever happened.
    GLWS!

Just as long as they have the proper protest signs and everything is good?

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Just as long as they have the proper protest signs and everything is good?

No, all we need is a complete list of all of GnR's family friendly songs that have nothing offensive to anyone in them. Then it is ready for pinball circa 2020.

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I've yet to see a music inspired pin that actually delivered the goods.

IronMaiden

How would one define "delivered goods" when it comes to a music inspired pin?

#232 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, all we need is a complete list of all of GnR's family friendly songs that have nothing offensive to anyone in them. Then it is ready for pinball circa 2020.

Would be hilarious if they went the way of MTV where images of the band get blurred hands when they are holding a cigarette and there's just gaps in the audio whenever there's a swearword...

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from phalcon_2600:

JJP loads their games down with LOTS of Mechs and features, compared to Stern. Stern tends to Try to make you feel like your getting added value by including things that don’t add a lot of cost of the build, like art, special ink or Piece of couch ect... We still have to see what is to come from American pinball and Deeproot at TPF. So....it’s a great time to be a pinball buyer in the hobby. So I say wait until you see what everybody is going to offer before making a snap decision when you see JJP GnR for the first time.

Stern games tend to play like "Welcome to the Jungle", while JJP games tend to play like "Patience" when it comes to game tempo.

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from Novastorm:

Would be hilarious if they went the way of MTV where images of the band get blurred hands when they are holding a cigarette and there's just gaps in the audio whenever there's a swearword...

Super funny.

However, I think we are all already prepared for something like that.

Personally, I can't wait to see either a totally unedited game, or how they do a complete abortion on it. Should be interesting as it unfolds.

If it is watered down, I'm going to roast it until it is past cooked.

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

With pinball as watered down as it is over the last few years, this is what I am expecting.[quoted image]

Ok then you’re now on record as being pleasantly surprised with anything more adult than LEGO fat Axl. No take backs!

#236 3 years ago

Ok then you’re now on record as being pleasantly surprised with anything more adult than LEGO fat Axl. No take backs!

I've got a Rick and Morty coming, so I am aware at least one pinball company is not afraid to include adult language.

I would be pleasantly surprised if JJP follows suit. But, wouldn't count on Stern doing any more than children's themes anymore. Or safe for children or whatever you want to call it.

#237 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I've got a Rick and Morty coming, so I am aware at least one pinball company is not afraid to include adult language.
    I would be pleasantly surprised if JJP follows suit. But, wouldn't count on Stern doing any more than children's themes anymore. Or safe for children or whatever you want to call it.

Dutch Pinball isn’t afraid of adult themes either...see The Big Lebowski.

#238 3 years ago

Dutch Pinball isn’t afraid of adult themes either...see The Big Lebowski.

True. Are they still making them? I know American folded to the outcry of a little monkey.

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

True. Are they still making them? I know American folded to the outcry of a little monkey.

Long story but bottom line is they are shipping out Lebowski at record speed (for DP).

#240 3 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Stern games tend to play like "Welcome to the Jungle", while JJP games tend to play like "Patience" when it comes to game tempo.

A jungle with very little in it where you can move around so easily is more like it. Any game will play fast when you slap a couple plastic ramps that returns the ball directly to the flippers with little else on the playfield.

#241 3 years ago

I wonder if will see the JJP point system go x100. Low scoring game doesn't equal a rock concert.

#242 3 years ago

Chinese Democracy was actually pretty good imho. Not expecting any of those tunes but I do hope they go deeper than Appetite for Destruction. At least some tracks from Use Your Illusion, both had some def bangers. With Slash involved, I'm sure it's gonna be $$$.

#243 3 years ago

My favorite GnR is actually the Spaghetti Incident. Fingers crossed.

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I wonder if will see the JJP point system go x100. Low scoring game doesn't equal a rock concert.

I was just playing DI last night and thinking, "this fucker needs some Million-Plus action."

#245 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I was just playing DI last night and thinking, "this fucker needs some Million-Plus action."

Agreed 1000%. Dialed in point system does not equal the action taking place.

#246 3 years ago

This GNR machine better be mean.
    Save the dolls for later.
    This machine should give you the bird.
    Get it right JJP.

#247 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

My favorite GnR is actually the Spaghetti Incident. Fingers crossed.

One can only hope.

GLWS!

#248 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

One can only hope.
    GLWS!

They sould be LeeVing that song to the master !

#249 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

They sould be LeeVing that song to the master !

I love that GnR but as usual, all the originals were WAY better.
    This one esp.

#250 3 years ago

Lol and it's still the best GnR

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-/page/5?hl=wyopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.