(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg
    There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The upcoming game you can’t buy now is always a million times cooler than the game you can buy today.

Wow that's deep Levi, and complete bullshit. But deep.

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Kaneda said standard

To bad, i really like widebodies.
    Well, i guess standard is catering to the soy Boys.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Some syringe targets, a bank, a rehab center, and a KFC.
    And of course some topless groupies, hopefully done by a better artist than the first one.

there will be nothing that will harm the image of the group.

However, we can wonder if playfield artwork will hand drawn or photoshopped

My preference goes to a standard size but widebody doesn’t bother me, all depends on how it plays.
    I would like a toy for lock referring to the band then Unique.
    I like ramp game, so hoping to get 3 at least and if possible with diverters.
    I think there could be an upper playfield like a stage
    I also would like the same level of decoration than POTC, 3D decor and lighted
    Of course, a great and unique layout design, i hate to see big design similarities, and great rules.

So when it will be revealed? Many pinheads are waiting for it with impatience so I hope the game will live up to our expectations

#154 3 years ago

Why not some You're Crazy multiball?

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

However, we can wonder if playfield artwork will hand drawn or photoshopped

Kaneda said it’s hand drawn art.

#156 3 years ago

GnR (resized).jpgGnR (resized).jpg

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Kaneda said it’s hand drawn art.

I thought all JJPs hand drawn art, even if they look photoshopped.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Some syringe targets, a bank, a rehab center, and a KFC.
    And of course some topless groupies, hopefully done by a better artist than the first one.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I like the rocking ship on Pirates, so maybe a rocking upper playfield known as going back stage, and it is a bed rocking. The targets would be drugs, booze, and groupies. The stickers you could use on the flippers could set it over the top.

If JJP wants to change they’re image as a family friendly company, why not do it right

#159 3 years ago

Too late for that, that shipped sailed a long time ago. I’d be more concerned about harming the image of JJP.

#160 3 years ago

No Fat Axl, No Deal.

#161 3 years ago

How about to mimic Axl’s onstage tantrums, if you hit a certain target (a random target that’s different every time you play) the game goes crazy and then shuts itself off

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

How about to mimic Axl’s onstage tantrums, if you hit a certain target (a random target that’s different every rime you play) the game goes crazy and then shuts itself off

It's gotta be the Deli Tray. Should be a GWAR Easter Egg in there, too.

#163 3 years ago

Umm...please..no..

17273A2B-3396-442A-8A83-EA0A0D0835D4 (resized).jpeg17273A2B-3396-442A-8A83-EA0A0D0835D4 (resized).jpeg

#164 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

I’d be more concerned about harming the image of JJP.

They are choosing to make a GNR pinball.
    Looks like they are looking for a bit of a facelift.

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Looks like they are looking for a bit of a facelift.

Shoulda done Alice in Chains, then.

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from CLEllison:

if JJP holds true to the skulls and big boobed cartoon character women (and hopefully axels get in the ring mother f-er rant) this pin could gain GOAT status. GNR and Skidrow were the bad boys of Rock N Roll so to see anything PC to satisfy the "Everything offends me" types then I will truly be disappointed. I won't be buying but I highly suspect this pin is being heavily relied upon to keep that joint afloat. COVID has hurt EVERYTHING and when a company runs on investors ... well, do the math. Looking forward to playing it though!

But remember that Jack wouldn't let Pat call Dialed in "killer app" because the title wasn't family friendly. I don't think jjp is going to completely change its policy for this pin, so gnr fans are not going to be happy. We'll see I suppose.

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Aerosmith says “hello.”

Iron Maiden as well, they don't show any band clips, but they could have.
    Personally I dislike the movie clips idea (like WoZ and Elvira HoH) so I'm happy they didn't go that route.

#168 3 years ago

Hopefully the the CE of GNR won’t be dinner and a silk jacket

#169 3 years ago

Family approved.. Check X 4 ☑️

Man cave approved.. yes please!

9F9D0D56-341E-4326-95B3-047EF0306FE5 (resized).jpeg9F9D0D56-341E-4326-95B3-047EF0306FE5 (resized).jpeg
    #170 3 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:Hopefully the the CE of GNR won’t be dinner and a silk jacket

How bout clothes optional?

image-44 (resized).jpgimage-44 (resized).jpg
    #171 3 years ago

What do you expect to see in this game?

A long shot I'm sure but it would be neat if it had the ability to expand the song collection over time. So if GNR ever gets around to releasing new songs, maybe the game is setup to pull them in somehow as extra modes (or if even just to have as part of the media package). Perhaps you can have that exclusive to the CE that when new tracks are released, CE owners are one of the first "official" channels that the song is released on.

With Slash rumored to be heavily involved, some deeper integration with the band could be on the table. Do we know if any previous music pins had deep collaboration with current members of the band?

#172 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

But remember that Jack wouldn't let Pat call Dialed in "killer app" because the title wasn't family friendly. I don't think jjp is going to completely change its policy for this pin, so gnr fans are not going to be happy. We'll see I suppose.

The way Kaneda talked about it (supposedly he has pictures) is that GNR is more of an adult themed pin. He went as far as saying he's going to buy one as he doesn't see JJP messing this one up with everything that is there. He also mentioned that when comparing TMNT and JJP GNR pics that GNR has more in it for what its worth.

#173 3 years ago

Wide Bodies = Higher BOM. Which is always good for us the consumers. I really hope JJP doesnt continue this path of making cheaper machines.

I was stoked to see this GnR. Now Im a bit less stoked.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The way Kaneda talked about it (supposedly he has pictures) is that GNR is more of an adult themed pin. He went as far as saying he's going to buy one as he doesn't see JJP messing this one up with everything that is there. He also mentioned that when comparing TMNT and JJP GNR pics that GNR has more in it for what its worth.

Yeah except he also said it has very minimal inserts. Which also = lower BOM.

#175 3 years ago

Is "insert count" the 2020+ "coil count?"

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from bgwilly31:

Wide Bodies = Higher BOM. Which is always good for us the consumers. I really hope JJP doesnt continue this path of making cheaper machines.
    I was stoked to see this GnR. Now Im a bit less stoked.

I would say Dialed In has just as many interactive features, if not more, then any JJP widebody. Dialed In is probably the exception though as Wonka is bit of a step back in regards to multiple interactive features. I hope GNR is just as loaded as Dialed In.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

Yeah except he also said it has very minimal inserts. Which also = lower BOM.

Possibly, Kanesa also said GNR has more in it then TMNT so if the game has less inserts then say Wonka but more toys I think that's a better trade off. Less inserts may be due to there being more toys Hell, there's plenty of examples of games with a ton of inserts that don't really do anything.

#177 3 years ago

My wish based on that unusual coming soon video is that this game has an upper playfield stage with animation screen and new Lightning effect LED animations similar to a traditional rock concert. Not simple flashers but a New immersive lightening system to coincide with the music. Just hoping...

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would say Dialed In has just as many interactive features, if not more, then any JJP widebody. Dialed In is probably the exception though as Wonka is bit of a step back in regards to multiple interactive features. I hope GNR is just as loaded as Dialed In.

Possibly, Kanesa also said GNR has more in it then TMNT so if the game has less inserts then say Wonka but more toys I think that's a better trade off. Less inserts may be due to there being more toys Hell, there's plenty of examples of games with a ton of inserts that don't really do anything.

Hell, there's plenty of examples of games with a ton of inserts that don't really do anything.

I’ve never really judge a game by how many inserts.The thing that’s most important is the one more game factor!

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

My wish based on that unusual coming soon video is that this game has an upper playfield stage with animation screen and new Lightning effect LED animations similar to a traditional rock concert. Not simple flashers but a New immersive lightening system to coincide with the music. Just hoping...

Oh yeah now that sounds good!

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't trust anything that guy says, especially when he says he'll buy something.

My guess is the most adult oriented content will be skull art. In fact, knowing gnr's cheesey, cliche art, there will be skulls in sunglasses everywhere. There will be no women, no swears, just the "awesome" skulls you find on cheap auto decals. Trust me, Jack will familyize this machine for the worse. And it might sound like a Vegas slot machine.

Should have left gnr to Stern and went ahead with Toy Story.

JJP is my favorite company, but they manage to screw up every machine in some way. Toy Story is the perfect theme for this company. It's obvious from a business standpoint.

#181 3 years ago

I hope your in for a surprise!

#182 3 years ago

Toy Story would sell a lot more than GnR.
    Just has a much bigger scope of potential buyers compared to an aging rock band.

#183 3 years ago

I'd be curious to see what the demographic is for purchasing new in box pinball machines. Based purely on my speculation, it's primarily men in their 40's through 60's. This is also where you would find the biggest GnR fans. Toy Story is the children of that generation. While it was a huge theme in my house as the kids were growing up, I don't think they care much anymore. The wife and I enjoyed the last movie more than the kids. Most teenager through 20s can't afford a new pinball machine. Maybe Toy Story would be great on location? It could be months before that is back to normal, if ever.

I hope they make both!

#184 3 years ago

Would be cool to have the option pick which songs you want to feature... exclude songs you aren't into - and keep the game new. I love KISS, but man it would be nice to have the ability to shake up the song list.

#185 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Based purely on my speculation, it's primarily men in their 40's through 60's. This is also where you would find the biggest GnR fans. Toy Story is the children of that generation. ...

This is where the Toy Story classic argument comes in that it really isn't a children's movie.
    Kids are into Dinosaurs too & Jurraik Park was just 2 years earlier....i wouldn't call that a children's movie (not a rock solid comparison I understand). But JP was an event, and Story was sort of the same thing.
    2cents.

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How bout clothes optional?[quoted image]

yes, but not this pic, looks like shes taking a dump.

#187 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bearcat:

Would be cool to have the option pick which songs you want to feature... exclude songs you aren't into - and keep the game new. I love KISS, but man it would be nice to have the ability to shake up the song list.

Pretty sure you can do that with pinbrowser ? I know I changed the music on Tron with someone on pinside's new mix.

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

This is where the Toy Story classic argument comes in that it really isn't a children's movie.
    Kids are into Dinosaurs too & Jurraik Park was just 2 years earlier....i wouldn't call that a children's movie (not a rock solid comparison I understand). But JP was an event, and Story was sort of the same thing.
    2cents.

Toy Story would be a great theme. I think it would easily lend itself to pinball, lots of toys, several movies to grab from.
    I just did a quick search to see if Tom Hanks did the voice over work for video games, turns out his brother does. Kinda funny.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/toy-story-tom-hanks-gets-his-brother-jim-to-voice-woody-for-him-when-he-has-better-things-to-do-a6694746.html

Having the actual actors (or at least the same last name) do the voice overs would be critical.

Anyway, where's GnR!?

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

Pretty sure you can do that with pinbrowser ? I know I changed the music on Tron with someone on pinside's new mix.

Yep, you can. But I am lazy and it's a pain in the ass. Would be great to have the extra songs loaded into the menu.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Toy Story would sell a lot more than GnR.

In a market than tends to appeal to middle aged men how do u figure?

#191 3 years ago

I'm super excited for GnR. I'm hoping JJP will make it adult themed, packed playfield, and display some really cool video on the screen. Can't wait!

#192 3 years ago
    Quoted from HomerEBW:

I'm super excited for GnR. I'm hoping JJP will make it adult themed, packed playfield, and display some really cool video on the screen. Can't wait!

Just sold my Congo. Using the funds to get GNR. Can’t wait.

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I should have said...
    Toy story will have much larger audience, global appeal.
    4 movies backed by a huge Disney/ Pixar franchises.
    Age group men, 25-60. Many dads, many grand dads, much more men in this group globally. This backed by approving wives.
    Sure, GnR will sell several thousand that appeals to the 35-65 group of Rock groupies waning for there long hair youth.
    Toy Story could easily have WOZ size sales numbers.
    I'm holding out for the Buzz Light year space edition.
    But really like the Woody western them edition.
    The Don Rickles Mr Potato Head Trubute edition will knock your ear off. Only 50 made.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I don’t think turtles will either.

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I should have said...
    Toy story will have much larger audience, global appeal.
    4 movies backed by a huge Disney/ Pixar franchises.
    Age group men, 25-60. Many dads, many grand dads, much more men in this group globally. This backed by approving wives.
    Sure, GnR will sell several thousand that appeals to the 35-65 group of Rock groupies waning for there long hair youth.
    Toy Story could easily have WOZ size sales numbers.
    I'm holding out for the Buzz Light year space edition.
    But really like the Woody western them edition.
    The Don Rickles Mr Potato Head Trubute edition will knock your ear off. Only 50 made.

I'm flabbergasted at the themes these companies are putting out for the most part but people seem to like it. Ur probably right with regards to ToyStory, nver saw any of those films, cause u know, I'm an adult.
    JJP Looney Tunes, I'm in.

#196 3 years ago

41 years old, and 100% in for toy story!!!! Not for my kids, but because it means something to myself. As far as gnr, it’s my favorite band and I’m confident I’m getting an le. Tmnt was one I was really waiting for, but I have to see gnr first. I prefer a jjp game, so probably in on next two jjp games. The sweet spot right now for themes is anything 80’s and 90’s. We’re the age group that still cares about pinball and actually have some extra money to purchase. As much as I want all these 80’s themes, the game has to be special in order to buy. I wanted Star Wars sooooo bad until I seen it. Still want it, but not necessarily have to have. Kinda feeling that way towards tmnt. Hoping gnr and toy story blow us away.

#197 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm flabbergasted at the themes these companies are putting out for the most part but people seem to like it. Ur probably right with regards to ToyStory, nver saw any of those films, cause u know, I'm an adult.
    JJP Looney Tunes, I'm in.

Well lucky for you Toy Story is for adults just as much as anyone else! Seriously, if you haven't seen it yet, at least watch the first one, it's hilarious. If for some reason it being animated puts you off, just think of it as a comedy film starring Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, because that's more or less what it is.

#198 3 years ago

Has anyone heard rumors as to a potential release date for JJPs next one?

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Seriously, if you haven't seen it yet, at least watch the first one, it's hilarious. If for some reason it being animated puts you off, just think of it as a comedy film starring Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, because that's more or less what it is.

Don't bother trying to convince Hazoff to do anything fun, his inner-child died long ago.

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

If for some reason it being animated puts you off

That doesn't bother me.

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-/page/4?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.