(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg
    There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

if this is fact then I am going to hold some game room space and cash for a few more weeks

You'll wait as long as it takes, and buy 2 or 3 of them

#52 4 years ago

I have never owned a music pin somehow. GnR or Zep would definitely get me looking.

I was hoping The Beatles was going to be a late 60's trippy, Sgt Peppery kind of theme, but no

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I have never owned a music pin somehow. GnR or Zep would definitely get me looking.
    I was hoping The Beatles was going to be a late 60's trippy, Sgt Peppery kind of theme, but no

I figured that anyone who has been into pinball for at least 5-10 years has owned a Metallica. That game, with an external sub, is almost a must in a "larger" pin collection. I still love how the spinners kick off huge bass filled drum rolls!

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I would’ve have never imagined a Zeppelin pinball machine.Led Zeppelin is the greatest band of all time.I’m just not sure how their great songs work for pinball.
    AC/DC and bands like Poison and Motley Crew

I only hope you don't consider poison a "great band"

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

When Motely Crew is mentioned I often wonder if I could think of anything worse? I now have the answer!

I think you missed the point.I’m talking about the type of music I feel is more suited for pinball,not what I would want.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I've really enjoyed the music pins I've owned to date (MET, IMDN, and ACNC) even though I wasn't exactly a fan of their particular music before buying any of them. I'd love to add AC/DC and Beatles (both of which I am a fan of) to my collection too. Hopefully, Led Zeppelin will be a fun game as well!

While GnR's music should be great for pinball, the main reasons I'm interested in the game are Eric Meunier's design and JJP's typical game quality.

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I would’ve have never imagined a Zeppelin pinball machine.Led Zeppelin is the greatest band of all time.I’m just not sure how their great songs work for pinball.
    AC/DC and bands like Poison and Motley Crew

Many folks say this but if your a real Zepp fan this is a ton of shit to work with. There are some really good deep cuts that are fantastic songs but may not be played on classic rock channels. Literally tons of good fast hard shit to work with!

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I think you missed the point.I’m talking about the type of music I feel is more suited for pinball,not what I would want.

Yeah I understood that. I cannot think of anything Poison's music would be "more suited" for then Zep's.
    Maybe strip club music?

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Tell that to Shrek owners when they hit the start button.

Beats the heck out of the garbage coming out of my Maiden.

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Beats the heck out of the garbage coming out of my Maiden.

At least IMDN you can independently turn down the music volume.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rockytop:

and that pins would be shipping two weeks after the reveal.

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read yet.

Has JJP ever pulled that off? I’ve bought every game of theirs NiB except Wonka so I’m not a hater. Hopefully they pull it off.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from DylanFan71:

That’s the funniest thing I’ve read yet.
    Has JJP ever pulled that off? I’ve bought every game of theirs NiB except Wonka so I’m not a hater. Hopefully they pull it off.

Agreed. They haven't even come close to that I don't think. Wonka shipped fairly quickly I think, but it stumbled a bit with the playfield issues everyone was having at the time, and with some small issues like the diverter, so that hurt sales probably.

Zach said something along the lines that they are trying to learn from the past and ship games quickly after an announcement and take advantage of the early hype.

#63 4 years ago

Im soo stoked to see GnR!

if-somebody-makes (resized).jpgif-somebody-makes (resized).jpg
    #64 4 years ago

Just to be clear I don’t want a fuckin Poison or Crew pinball machine I was just making a point!

#65 4 years ago

FFS IT'S CRUE C'MON GUYS

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

FFS IT'S CRUE C'MON GUYS

You know I knew someone was going to call me out on that

#67 4 years ago

LET IT BE ME

#68 4 years ago

You ever make it to High Score Saloon bud? It's on my list. Just 2 hours away.
    Jared and Clint are the BEST though for sure.

#69 4 years ago

Sure do Jerod was very new to pinball,We had a beer and played some Whirlwind in the garage and he was hooked on pinball.Chris speaks highly of you!

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

FFS IT'S CRUE C'MON GUYS

FFS it's Crüe

#71 4 years ago

Poison is the worst successful band in the history of rock.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Poison is the worst successful band in the history of rock.

Don't say that. romulusx said it was his favorite band and his #1 dream theme.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

Don't say that. romulusx said it was his favorite band and his #1 dream theme.

Asshole!

#74 4 years ago

Only joking...an epic battle of the bands pin that pitted hair bands like poison and def leppard against grunge bands like nirvana and pearl jam could be amazing though. Contrasting light shows and art... If you lose against a hair band the machine spits makeup and hairspray at your face. If you lose to grunge you get sprayed with greasy body odor smell. Endless options

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

romulusx said it was his favorite band and his #1 dream theme.

I'm not surprised!

#76 4 years ago

Hey man, every rose has it’s thorn.

#77 4 years ago

What makes everyone think it's gnr next?
    I have no inside knowledge, but it's been awfully quiet from jjp lately.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not surprised!

Jack Ass!

#79 4 years ago

One more time Led Zeppelin is too good for any pinball machine!!God I hope Stern’s not doing this band.
    Physical Graffiti defined my teenage years!

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I have no inside knowledge, but it's been awfully quiet from jjp lately.

Some podcasters claimed to know people who have played it.

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I don't know. I do remember last year when the rumored game hasn't happened yet. But WOZ YBR and Willy Wonka did.

Nothing is official until JJP shows it.

LTG : )

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

It would be funny if it turned out to be the next Haunted House Party.

Whatever it is, I'm pumped to see Eric's next game.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

I'm pumped to see Eric's next game.

I don't know where it is in the mix. Now, next, later. ?

But seeing what he can do. I am excited to see it too. Eric definitely makes pinball exciting.

LTG : )

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So you are calling WOZ and JJP pins loaded pieces of crap? Lol

I wasn't doing that at all but you guys will find any reason to think its bashing.
    Does JJP build a better pin, yeah I think so. Do I want to buy one? yeah, but i've been let down by the themes thus far. JJP #6 The Road Warrior and I'm in.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Just to be clear I don’t want a fuckin Poison or Crew pinball machine I was just making a point!

Well at least we agree on something.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

...an epic battle of the bands pin that pitted hair bands like poison and def leppard against grunge bands like nirvana and pearl jam could be amazing though.

More like hair metal bands versus thrash metal bands, that’s the real epic metal battle. No love lost between those two genres

#87 4 years ago

I hate to say this but I'm having a beer and listening to some GnR and thinking to myself JJP has my NIB money if they get the art, code and toys right. You know that layout is going to be awesome..... Kingdom of two for new Pinball Kings and Eric is one.

Cheers

#88 4 years ago

Even though I don't listen to much GnR these days, it was still one of the soundtracks to my youth. Excited for this. Plus JJP machines just shoot SO smooth. Like buttah. Hope they knock this outta the park.

3 months later
    #89 3 years ago

Getting closer ...

#90 3 years ago

Seriously can’t wait to see this and decide between tmnt and gnr. Hopefully very soon.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Seriously can’t wait to see this and decide between tmnt and gnr. Hopefully very soon.

JJP's GnR can look like ass and that will still be an easy decision for me.

Due to theme alone, TMNT is one less game on my already sizeable wishlist. Thank you Stern!

#92 3 years ago

The upcoming game you can’t buy now is always a million times cooler than the game you can buy today.

#93 3 years ago

Never thought I'd say a new GnR could far and away top any current game theme, but given that or some kid's turtle cartoon from the 80s, it's looking better by the minute.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Never thought I'd say a new GnR could far and away top any current game theme, ...

Whoa, you done deepthroating Rick & Morty?

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Whoa, you done deepthroating Rick & Morty?

Not yet chief. Mine will be here soon enough.

It's just with the other recent release, GnR is looking miles better to me than it was a few weeks ago. Just on theme alone. In fact just about any theme would. Even The Brady Bunch.

#96 3 years ago

Well, this will be very interesting if true. Kaneda reports the new JJP GnR pin will have 22 songs.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Well, this will be very interesting if true. Kaneda reports the new JJP GnR pin will have 22 songs.

If true that would amazing! I can see the game having at least 20+ modes with Keith on the code. I was considering buying a Wonka as my next game but will wait to see what GNR looks like at this point.

#98 3 years ago

"You could be mine" Wonder if that'll make the cut to?

#99 3 years ago

That’s bad news considering GNR only
    Has [checks Appetite album cover] 12 good songs.

Ok 13. Forgot about You Could Be Mine.

#100 3 years ago

Nah, UYI 1&2 has almost an albums' worth of good songs between them... Not sure about the last couple albums.

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-/page/2?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.