(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg
    There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
    #601 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Your original comment was about GnR's relevancy citing Youtube subscriptions, it had nothing to do with comparing them to bands with pins, but I'll play it your way.
    Justin Bieber - 57.2M subscribers
    Drake - 22.8M subscribers
    Eminem - 44.4M subscribers
    By your statement, a pin based on any one of these guys would put sales through the roof.

You missed the point. You stated to rai that gnr isn’t a big deal, and we’re talking in reference to pinball themes aren’t we? So in the pinball world, classic bands sell, and gnr is a big deal in that genre. The singers you mentioned like Justin Bieber wouldn’t sell crap as a pin because pinball is for an older demographic that laughs at those themes you listed. GNR is as big, and probably bigger than any of the stern rock band pins. I personally consider gnr, AC/DC, and Metallica as the big 3. Aerosmith is big, but not to these levels. Same with Iron Maiden. Big, but more of a special cult following vs being a mega band. Size of the subscriber count in no way dictates how well a pin sells, but it does show how relevant they are in terms of popularity and as a possible theme for the particular pinball demographic.

#602 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

You missed the point. You stated to rai that gnr isn’t a big deal, and we’re talking in reference to pinball themes aren’t we? So in the pinball world, classic bands sell, and gnr is a big deal in that genre. The singers you mentioned like Justin Bieber wouldn’t sell crap as a pin because pinball is for an older demographic that laughs at those themes you listed. GNR is as big, and probably bigger than any of the stern rock band pins. I personally consider gnr, AC/DC, and Metallica as the big 3. Aerosmith is big, but not to these levels.

The people want a fast, fun, and rocking GnR for adults.

#603 3 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

The people want a fast, fun, and rocking GnR for adults.

And I’m sure that is exactly what we’re about to get! Can’t wait.

#604 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

And I’m sure that is exactly what we’re about to get! Can’t wait.

Without a doubt Eric is going to crush it. Did it need to be GnR? Meh.

#605 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

They have ALLLLLLLL the assets to one of the old iconic mega rock bands that are on the level of ACDC and Metallica, of course Eric needs to do this pin!

#606 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Yes! We needed an updated gnr pin for us guys that like the newer technology and deeper pins.

#607 3 years ago

I don't mean to put Stern down but I am in the market to buy something new, the last pin I bought was SW premium comic(which I do love), I have owned 12+ Stern games half of the pins I have owned have been Stern.

Owning JJP, CGC and Spooky as well as B/W and Stern pins and 16 years in the hobby.

Went to an arcade to play all the latest Stern pins (BM66, JP LE, Elvira, Maiden premium, TMNT LE and Stranger Things LE) was looking to see if I wanted to buy BM66 but the new Stern pins feel somewhat lacking for $7500-$9K. I think the Stern pros feel more worth the price for $5500 that I don't really see the extra $2-4K price for the premium/LE.

Part of the issue is that since ST and TWD seems like Stern has been getting more expensive but like less quality. I think TWD was last SAM game and Stern switched to Spike with WWE, feels like a defining line were the quality feel went down a bit. Stern LE especially seem to be less with the extra with some not even including a shaker in the $9K+ price tag.

JJP and CGC are the only pins that feel worth $8-9K (I did buy R&M have not got it yet but R&M feels a bit of a reach for $8300).

#608 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I don't mean to put Stern down but I am in the market to buy something new, the last pin I bought was SW premium comic(which I do love), I have owned 12+ Stern games half of the pins I have owned have been Stern.
    Owning JJP, CGC and Spooky as well as B/W and Stern pins and 16 years in the hobby.
    Went to an arcade to play all the latest Stern pins (BM66, JP LE, Elvira, Maiden premium, TMNT LE and Stranger Things LE) was looking to see if I wanted to buy BM66 but the new Stern pins feel somewhat lacking for $7500-$9K. I think the Stern pros feel more worth the price for $5500 that I don't really see the extra $2-4K price for the premium/LE.
    Part of the issue is that since ST and TWD seems like Stern has been getting more expensive but like less quality.
    JJP and CGC are the only pins that feel worth $8-9K (I did buy R&M have not got it yet but R&M feels a bit of a reach for $8300).

Won’t say your view is wrong but not what I have seen. ALL of these companies have had issues granted One of them (Stern) puts out a Crap ton more units so yes they get 10 times the feedback good or bad. I personally love most of the new Stern titles and have yet to have a single issue out of the box other then standard simple adjustments which one should expect with a game traveling down the highway in a cardboard box. I look forward to the next JJP but don’t see them that much further ahead then anyone else at this point price or otherwise.

#609 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

JP LE, Elvira, Maiden premium,

None of these games are lacking as for being worth $9000 I have never seen a game worth that kind of money

#610 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

None of these games are lacking as for being worth $9000 I have never seen a game worth that kind of money

JJP POTC is

#611 3 years ago

Acdc and Metallica are far less polarizing than gnr. Plus, you guys honestly believe jjp is doing a 180 on their family approach because a has-bin from a skid band likes pinball???

Worst theme so far for jjp. Great if you like the band, but not great for the company and their approach toward the market.

#612 3 years ago

maybe it'll be like a cartoon adventure

#613 3 years ago

Don't forget that Slash it totally onboard and is into pinball more than most music theme artist.No one on the planet can say they don't know and like something GNS put out.But the biggest reason to wait for a GNS over any other games available is that Eric is designing it.We all know what Keith has done for pinball and how he has stepped up designs or changed up the normal to something special.Well Eric has also, and he will be known to be as creative or in my opinion more creative than Keith. Eric just works for a company that cant get games out the door and Keith works for Stern.The one advanage Eric has over Keith is that JJP will put all they can in a game while Stern seems to always look for the cheapest way to make a game.I keep saying it but I hope JJP can get it together and start getting games out the door as well as more titles.Toy Story will be a great theme also and it would be nice to see that game someday. I love Stern for putting out a consistent decent games but JJP is the high end game changer.
    I also want to give a heads up to Joe Katz, JT Harkey Keith, P. Johnson.I The coding and rules on Pirates is awesome and well thought out and written.Look at the game integration on Hobbit and Pirates. Your part of the story when you play Hobbit.I don't know how you can make a story line on a music theme game but we will see great rules great design and a unique great game.
    So if you're short on cash and have "patience" it will be worth the wait.

#614 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Acdc and Metallica are far less polarizing than gnr. Plus, you guys honestly believe jjp is doing a 180 on their family approach because a has-bin from a skid band likes pinball???
    Worst theme so far for jjp. Great if you like the band, but not great for the company and their approach toward the market.

I think they know better than a G rated GnR.I think they might surprise you!

#615 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Your original comment was about GnR's relevancy citing Youtube subscriptions, it had nothing to do with comparing them to bands with pins, but I'll play it your way.
    Justin Bieber - 57.2M subscribers
    Drake - 22.8M subscribers
    Eminem - 44.4M subscribers
    By your statement, a pin based on any one of these guys would put sales through the roof.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I got shouted down for explaining similar logic.

#616 3 years ago

I love GNR music (loved it more 30 years ago) still love GNR about as much as AcDc or Metallica, but I need to see what the pin is about.

I mean how are the rules and the modes? Iron Maiden have a lot of story songs (Aces High, Fear of the dark etc.) that make for great modes on pinball.

I just am curious how/what they are going to do with GNR songs.

"I used to love her but I had to kill her" not sure about that mode.
    "Mr Brownstone" score some heroin?

#617 3 years ago

Those of us that own the DE GNR plus a pinsound with ALL the tracks are going to be letdown unless they have an option to update the song list with all the songs

#618 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I love GNR music (loved it more 30 years ago) still love GNR about as much as AcDc or Metallica, but I need to see what the pin is about.
    I mean how are the rules and the modes? Iron Maiden have a lot of story songs (Aces High, Fear of the dark etc.) that make for great modes on pinball.
    I just am curious how/what they are going to do with GNR songs.
    "I used to love her but I had to kill her" not sure about that mode.
    "Mr Brownstone" score some heroin?

Did you know I used to love her but I had to kill her was about Axl dog? I loved the song even more when I read that years ago

#619 3 years ago
    Quoted from LJH:

Did you know I used to love her but I had to kill her was about Axl dog? I loved the song even more when I read that years ago

Oh man that changes the entire tone from awful/hateful to sad/endearing. Maybe this pin will make me like this band.

#620 3 years ago
    Quoted from LJH:

I didn’t know that.

#621 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe this pin will make me like this band.

Doubtful. Metallica & Madain didn't get me buying any albums

#622 3 years ago

More on Used to Love her

https://web.archive.org/web/20071206110805/http://gnrsource.com/songinfo/lies/utlh.htm

... and that's the rest of the story.

#623 3 years ago

I want this JJP game to highlight GNR's attitude and energy. If they use acoustic versions of songs, I'll be furious.

Yes please:

F'ing No!!!!!!:

#624 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

I want this JJP game to highlight GNR's attitude and energy. If they use acoustic versions of songs, I'll be furious.
    Yes please:
    F'ing No!!!!!!:

I've never seen the second video. Original lineup, kinda neat. I agree, upbeat and in your face, although I'm sure November Rain will be on there. I don't see a ballad working well in a pinball machine.

#625 3 years ago
    annie (resized).jpgannie (resized).jpg
    #626 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Little Orphan Annie with a Slash top hat? I don't get it.

#627 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Little Orphan Annie with a Slash top hat? I don't get it.

Meditate on it.

#628 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Meditate on it.

Tomorrow is still September

#629 3 years ago

So, reading between the lines. The song was absolutely about spousal abuse. Slash was embarrassed about it and tried to spin it?

#630 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Meditate on it.

Post it again today and it will make sense. Sort of. Nobody said October 1st, just October.

#631 3 years ago

hopefully the pinball machine will be true to its source and 1 out of every 6 games the machine just turns off mid play... leaving the player (or fan) wondering why it stopped performing and left. Or when you turn on the power the balls just refuse to come out. That would be the true GnR experience

#632 3 years ago

The release is Oct 5th, as announced on Erics Instagram

#633 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #634 3 years ago

Lack of inserts in upper left suggests upper PF there.

#635 3 years ago

Scoop, straight up the middle.

#636 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Plus, you guys honestly believe jjp is doing a 180 on their family approach because a has-bin from a skid band likes pinball???

This is the head scratcher for me. JJP is family oriented.... when did Jack start playing with Mr. Brownstone or visiting my Michelle on the weekends...???

Get in the ring?? MultiBall

#637 3 years ago

Can anyone clever tell me is that standard or widebody?

#638 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Lack of inserts in upper left suggests upper PF there.

Yeah, looks like it could be a huge upper playfield too which would be nice to see.

#639 3 years ago
    Quoted from JonCrox:

Can anyone clever tell me is that standard or widebody?

standard

#640 3 years ago
    sad (resized).pngsad (resized).png
    #641 3 years ago

Upper pf looks like a piano

#642 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

Post it again today and it will make sense. Sort of. Nobody said October 1st, just October.

No, it made sense yesterday, you just didn't know it yet. Today is the start of info.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/56#post-5879045

#643 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bwilson:

This is the head scratcher for me. JJP is family oriented.... when did Jack start playing with Mr. Brownstone or visiting my Michelle on the weekends...???
    Get in the ring?? MultiBall

Or, better yet, There Was a Time?

But pretty sure JJP is changing, and ridiculous narrow-body pivot aside, that's not necessarily all bad.

#644 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Upper pf looks like a piano

I’m thinking a stage

#645 3 years ago
    Quoted from wyopin:

I’m thinking a stage

yep def could be. Whatever it is - def upper pf. I'm down with that.

#646 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

No, it made sense yesterday, you just didn't know it yet. Today is the start of info.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-jjp-game-announcement-coming-soon/page/56#post-5879045

Fine, you win. Ha!

#647 3 years ago

Why should you wait? Cause this guy has just seen gameplay video and says so:

https://soundcloud.com/kanedapinball/gnr-gameplay-video-holy-fk

#648 3 years ago

Let’s hope he’s spot on

#649 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    #650 3 years ago

A given they're gonna be on - hope there's a way to quickly get out of ballad modes

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-/page/13?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.