(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg
    There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
    #551 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure Pat convinced JJP to go narrow body only, which is a mistake. Can he retire already?

Totally agree with this, heck there is enough narrow body games coming out every year (Stern), now NONE of wide body!

#552 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

He did a nice job with Wonka....that game is fun and addicting ..... although I agree that JJP wide bodies are great

JJP Wonka was a failure of imagination, which was ironic in a property about imagination. Is it okay? Yes. Is it much less than it should have been? For sure. Very excited about Eric's next pin, but pissed it was supposedly forced into a narrow body.

#553 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure Pat convinced JJP to go narrow body only, which is a mistake. Can he retire already?

I think POTC JJP, was the last modern day Widebody we’ll see.

#554 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzzz:

I think POTC JJP, was the last modern day Widebody we’ll see.

I hope not, but if that is to be the last one, at least it was a high water mark...

#555 3 years ago

I heard that JJ decided to put GNR on the back burner. Toy Story will be their next push. Bummer if that's true.

#556 3 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

I heard that JJ decided to put GNR on the back burner. Toy Story will be their next push. Bummer if that's true.

A very merry Christmas for me if that’s true

#557 3 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

I have heart the next JJP will be Dolly Parton by JJP and than maybe, maybe a GnR if not Toy Story ....

Rumors, rumors, rumors .....

#558 3 years ago

Dolly Parton is what I heard from somebody who is on the production line at JJP.On the line right now!

#559 3 years ago
    Quoted from digitaldocc:

You heard Wrong.

#560 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP Wonka was a failure of imagination, which was ironic in a property about imagination. Is it okay? Yes. Is it much less than it should have been? For sure. Very excited about Eric's next pin, but pissed it was supposedly forced into a narrow body.

I totally disagree....I've owned all the JJP pins and Wonka is the most addicting ....

#561 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally disagree....I've owned all the JJP pins and Wonka is the most addicting ....

I don't own them all but can absolutely confirm the addictive nature of Wonka.

Pinside did it's usual dogpile thing about the Wonka code, but it is very well structured for longevity and reward.

#562 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

I have heart the next JJP will be Dolly Parton by JJP and than maybe, maybe a GnR if not Toy Story ....
    Rumors, rumors, rumors .....

I can only imagine the topper for dolly!

#563 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Pinside did it's usual dogpile thing about the Wonka code, but it is very well structured for longevity and reward.

I'm hoping that I someday I collect the Wonkavator golden ticket....its the one thats unobtanium for me

#564 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Thats funny !

#565 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I think Wonka standard was $7500....keep in mind their standards are more line Stern premiums....LE's were $9K, which is basically in line with Stern LE's with way more additions than Stern provides

The difference is if you care about that sort of thing a run of 5000 is not an LE game

#566 3 years ago

Clearly jjp's trajectory is Pat Lawler's fault. I have solid internet pinside evidence that he is a jealous, vindictive employee who is limiting the talent there. He's controlling the guy who designed the best game on the planet and the best mechs ever made that blew everything out of the water with flawless innovation that kept jjp's BOM to a minimum. Lawler just wants the apprentice-gone-genius to fail. Jjp would surpass Stern without Lawler.. what games did he ever make anyway? No one plays them... He's never made a widebody either. What a loser cunt.

#567 3 years ago
    Quoted from JY64:

The difference is if you care about that sort of thing a run of 5000 is not an LE game

I totally agree using the term LE is a stretch....I always buy the LE's because I like the bling ....

#568 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I couldn't enjoy their greatest hits if you paid me Mike Tyson 90s money. I know many like them, but they make my ears bleed worse than country, and they did back in the day too. Seriously, if take Garth Brooks instead.

Don’t pull punches, tell us how you really feel about GNR..

#569 3 years ago

Every song on Appetite is gold. I can still listen to that album from top to bottom over and over.

Tranquilize just out of curiosity how old are you? could be a age thing

#570 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Clearly jjp's trajectory is Pat Lawler's fault. I have solid internet pinside evidence that he is a jealous, vindictive employee who is limiting the talent there. He's controlling the guy who designed the best game on the planet and the best mechs ever made that blew everything out of the water with flawless innovation that kept jjp's BOM to a minimum. Lawler just wants the apprentice-gone-genius to fail. Jjp would surpass Stern without Lawler.. what games did he ever make anyway? No one plays them... He's never made a widebody either. What a loser cunt.

solid internet pinside evidence isn't saying much....people on here tend to exaggerate and make shit up all the time. Clearly the relationship isn't that bad otherwise Eric would just leave and join another group.

#571 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Oddly strange post. Trolling?
    Lawlor has done many great games. Btw twilight zone is a widebody.

#572 3 years ago

Civil War is a great song!

#573 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

Oddly strange post. Trolling?
    Lawlor has done many great games. Btw twilight zone is a widebody.

Road Show Is a widebody also!
    Obviously this dude checks out everything thoroughly?
    Oh he’s being sarcastic I get it
    Signed Mr Obvious

#574 3 years ago

I think that post was

#575 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Well, Dolly would need to be a wide body in order to fit her assets in the game!

#576 3 years ago
    Quoted from LukyDuck:

Well, Dolly would need to be a wide body in order to fit her assets in the game!

No doubt

#577 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I think that post was

Yup

#578 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

#579 3 years ago

And so the JJ release wars has begun....

#580 3 years ago

Lol, sorry. I prefer at least a little subtlety. I was trolling Vireland and his ridiculous BS. Attacking the character of someone with Lawler's background based on zero actual evidence is reprehensible.

#581 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Attacking the character of someone with Lawler's background based on zero actual evidence is reprehensible.

And they wont shut up aboot it that's for sure. Def some weirdo pat is the devil Circle Jerk Eric going on there.

#582 3 years ago

Spreading rumors is always BS, but pinside is full of those people. I have no idea if he's great to work with or not? I could certainly speculate that he has great brand, a wealth of knowledge, and has designed some pretty incredible games. All I know is their entire design team is still intact so that says something. Like any work relationship theres always the Pros/Cons

#583 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Attacking the character of someone with Lawler's background based on zero actual evidence is reprehensible.

It’s Lawlor.

#584 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

My problem is Wonka is so much less than it should have been. Its unmet potential is laid bare when compared to an all-out extravaganza like jjPotC. Night and day.

#585 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

My problem is Wonka is so much less than it should have been. Its unmet potential is laid bare when compared to an all-out extravaganza like jjPotC. Night and day.

Listen everyone has an opinion, but have u spent much time on that machine? Its incredibly fun, great flow, very deep code, and addicting game play. Don't get me wrong I love POTC, and think its JJP's best game, but Wonka isn't far behind. They are very different machines so it pretty hard to compare.

#586 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

. Jjp would surpass Stern without Lawler.. what games did he ever make anyway? No one plays them... He's never made a widebody either. What a loser cunt.

Just to be clear Lawlor has made widebodies and he supposedly calls them a mistake (I would agree on RoadShow, I would not agree on Twilight Zone). Not sure where the sarcasm ended in that post and wanted to make it clear that he HAS done them...a very long time ago.

#587 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Listen everyone has an opinion, but have u spent much time on that machine? Its incredibly fun, great flow, very deep code, and addicting game play. Don't get me wrong I love POTC, and think its JJP's best game, but Wonka isn't far behind. They are very different machines so it pretty hard to compare.

I have spent quite a bit of time on it, and I'm not disputing what you're saying, just that it's a very low-imagination retread of old design ideas in a game that should have had mindblowing toys. It didn't live up to its potential as a Wonka.

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Just to be clear Lawlor has made widebodies and he supposedly calls them a mistake (I would agree on RoadShow, I would not agree on Twilight Zone). Not sure where the sarcasm ended in that post and wanted to make it clear that he HAS done them...a very long time ago.

I guess time will tell on the standard versus wide body discussion. I always thought it was great that JJP made both. I think they were the only company making new wide body games? My uneducated guess is maybe they want to be like Stern and make one size fits all with the hope they can turn a profit?

#589 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Another unsubstantiated rumor. Got any more?

I own tz...

#590 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Another unsubstantiated rumor. Got any more?
    I own tz...

Yeah I betting with TZ and RS combined sales over 21,000 units considering that a fail is his last thought. Lol. Most All OEMs would love 1/3 of that volume in units.

#591 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Exactly my thought, but the whole top 100 is setup from people who played a game once or twice and have a opinion about a game.
    I have all the JJP games and Pirates as also my favorite game.
    But wonka has so much going on and its plays smooth as butter one of the best layout out there
    The rules are great and so much detail.
    I love it !!!

#592 3 years ago
    Quoted from melappels:

Exactly my thought, but the whole top 100 is setup from people who played a game once or twice and have a opinion about a game.
    I have all the JJP games and Pirates as also my favorite game.
    But wonka has so much going on and its plays smooth as butter one of the best layout out there
    The rules are great and so much detail.
    I love it !!!

Totally agree....you really can't compare POTC to Wonka....they are very different

#593 3 years ago

I'd be interested in knowing what they could be compared to old school wise? Are JJP wide bodies a bit like the Bally Williams mid 90s superpins? Is wonka a bit like TOM (gobstopper for trunk) for example?

I bought Ofest as it reminded of a modern roadshow and I stand by that, its a great game and humorous. Not a widebody but still packed. Hobbit as I loved lotr although that's clearly theme more than gameplay but its one of my fave of all time and highly underrated imho.

What could Wonka be compared to please as no chance to play one but am tempted to add to the collection....?

#594 3 years ago

Anyone who doesn’t think GnR isn’t a big deal even now it’s YouTube channel has 8 million subscriptions.

#595 3 years ago
    Quoted from JonCrox:

I'd be interested in knowing what they could be compared to old school wise? Are JJP wide bodies a bit like the Bally Williams mid 90s superpins? Is wonka a bit like TOM (gobstopper for trunk) for example?
    I bought Ofest as it reminded of a modern roadshow and I stand by that, its a great game and humorous. Not a widebody but still packed. Hobbit as I loved lotr although that's clearly theme more than gameplay but its one of my fave of all time and highly underrated imho.
    What could Wonka be compared to please as no chance to play one but am tempted to add to the collection....?

Wonka is the smoothest shooter I've ever played. Insane combos more than any game I've played. Incredible use of magnets and side flippers. I just find it a bit too easy to shoot. If it plays well when set up to be difficult, I could see myself getting one. I do hate that they hired a slot machine guy to do the sound, and the theme is kinda meh to me... As it stands, it's fabulous for casual/less skilled players. Dialed in is Lawler's pin for pinheads imho.

#596 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Anyone who doesn’t think GnR isn’t a big deal even now it’s YouTube channel has 8 million subscriptions.

Not sure I see your point. In the US with a population of 330 million, that’s less than 2.5% of the population.

Considering the World population of over 7.8 billion, that’s reduced to 0.1% or the equivalent of pissing in the ocean.

#597 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

Not sure I see your point. In the US with a population of 330 million, that’s less than 2.5% of the population.
    Considering the World population of over 7.8 billion, that’s reduced to 0.1% or the equivalent of pissing in the ocean.

Well, just for comparison AC/DC has 6.5 million, and Metallica has 6.5 million subscribers. Guess how well both those pins did for stern.

GNR sits at 8 million.

#598 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

Well, just for comparison AC/DC has 6.5 million, and Metallica has 6.5 million subscribers. Guess how well both those pins did for stern.
    GNR sits at 8 million.

Boom!

#599 3 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

GNR sits at 8 million.

Your original comment was about GnR's relevancy citing Youtube subscriptions, it had nothing to do with comparing them to bands with pins, but I'll play it your way.

Justin Bieber - 57.2M subscribers
    Drake - 22.8M subscribers
    Eminem - 44.4M subscribers

By your statement, a pin based on any one of these guys would put sales through the roof.

#600 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Wonka is the smoothest shooter I've ever played. Insane combos more than any game I've played. Incredible use of magnets and side flippers. I just find it a bit too easy to shoot. If it plays well when set up to be difficult, I could see myself getting one. I do hate that they hired a slot machine guy to do the sound, and the theme is kinda meh to me... As it stands, it's fabulous for casual/less skilled players. Dialed in is Lawler's pin for pinheads imho.

Not sure what u mean by easy to shoot....what I can tell you is it's very very difficult to beat

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.