(Topic ID: 262689)

Why you should wait for JJP's Guns N' Roses ...

By Tuna_Delight

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 675 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cybevenom
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tenor (1).gif
    Screenshot_20201002-100820_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    sad (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200930-132026_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    annie (resized).jpg
    amp (resized).JPG
    IMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    7F19C9E7-374A-4FFF-976E-A2DF2AC2CD7B (resized).jpeg
    jesus_laughable (resized).jpg
    105629183_665743294152996_1060035225578073660_n (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpeg
    1968-Datsun-Pickup-fr (resized).jpg
    58B9F240-3D74-4A18-9BA0-1539B0A79160 (resized).jpeg
    3DE401D4-443D-48F3-B70C-A3F5E1738C9F (resized).jpeg
    03454C95-B218-485F-97DB-9B33975BF1AA (resized).jpeg
    AB64BAAE-331E-43BF-8B0C-F0EEB2311000 (resized).jpeg
    There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
    #501 3 years ago
    Quoted from Charliew65:

yea....ok
    may not be what I have right now but I love JJP if you can even remember what I was saying, I ordered most of these games day one and never got them quickly after ordering.
    [quoted image]

Oh yeah nice line up!

1 week later
    #502 3 years ago

You'll be waiting quite a long time for this pin to come out. It won't be the next Jersey Jack release.

#503 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

You'll be waiting quite a long time for this pin to come out. It won't be the next Jersey Jack release.

Okay.....

Source? (Yer butt doesn't count, by the way.)

#504 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

There's always gotta be "that guy."

I mean honestly, I think TS is a better fit for the JJP model anyway. Given today's cultural climate, I just can't see GNR getting very good press. Bring on the toys. And there had better be multiple playfields, multiple monitors, WiFi updating, network play, and a cabinet that doesn't have melting and blistering goo for clear coat.

#505 3 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I mean honestly, I think TS is a better fit for the JJP model anyway. Given today's cultural climate, I just can't see GNR getting very good press. Bring on the toys. And there had better be multiple playfields, multiple monitors, WiFi updating, network play, and a cabinet that doesn't have melting and blistering goo for clear coat.

As a huge GnR fan, I wish GnR was the next pin out. I also hate that today's cultural climate dictates what people do. F them, GnR is the top touring rock band 3 years from 2016-2018. People love GnR, they were selling out stadiums. I'm sure Toy Story will be great, but honestly, are kids playing pinball machines or adults?

#506 3 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

A JJP TS would be awesome

#507 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

As a huge GnR fan, I wish GnR was the next pin out. I also hate that today's cultural climate dictates what people do. F them, GnR is the top touring rock band 3 years from 2016-2018. People love GnR, they were selling out stadiums. I'm sure Toy Story will be great, but honestly, are kids playing pinball machines or adults?

Kanada (I mean) Ballpin do you have any other info to share to support your confirmation? Sorry but joining Pinside last Monday its hard to take this for more then mystery poster, mystery informant, mystery story? Like to believe most things but this seems a bit in left field. Guess we will see.

#508 3 years ago

I guess in the end it doesn't really matter for me, I likely won't be purchasing a NIB one of either title anyway. My days of NIB purchasing were short, and they are now likely in the past as well.

#509 3 years ago

I guess when these new JJPs come out I’ll finally have to make a decision - do I want Wonka after all or one of the new ones ? - I’m kind of looking forward to it, but I’m not in a hurry. I’m sure I’m not the only one who likes to put off decisions, right? Theme is rather low on my criteria list - they’re all fine, maybe a slight preference for Wonka.

#510 3 years ago

I have no idea what is next. Beyond Pinside rumors. I can't look out the door and see what is on the line.

I do know that the powers that be need to make decisions. What they think should be next, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. etc. For a variety of reasons. Timing, license agreements, all kinds of factors.

Then this year throw in the shut downs. This has effected every industry and manufacturer. A friend of mine owns a heating and air conditioning company and he's run into 5 week or more waits for units.

So a pinball company needs a huge supply of parts to stock an assembly line and plan for production to start up and keep it moving. Common parts, probably not as big an issue. Pop bumpers, slingshots, flippers, type stuff.

Now anything custom made and specific for a game. All of a sudden may take months more than hoped to get in adequate quantity, could effect when that game comes out and move a different one ahead of it.

All of this must be driving every pinball manufacturer nuts right now. Trying to get everything needed in place to get a line going.

I hope nothing but the best for every pinball manufacturer in these crazy times. In the early 1990's when manufacturers were cutting back and closing lead the industry almost to the point of no return. Only Stern was left. So right now I don't think we can afford to lose any manufacturer and risk repeating the pinball industry crashing again. Next time it might not come back.

I hope things get rolling again and new titles once again start flowing out the manufacturer's doors. So the industry as we know it stays healthy. No matter which title is next or the reason behind it.

LTG : )

#511 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

are kids playing pinball machines or adults?

This is a great question ... I asked the same thing when they produced Willy Wonka ... pretty sure I put a WTF in front of it.

#512 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I have no idea what is next. Beyond Pinside rumors. I can't look out the door and see what is on the line.
    I do know that the powers that be need to make decisions. What they think should be next, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. etc. For a variety of reasons. Timing, license agreements, all kinds of factors.
    Then this year throw in the shut downs. This has effected every industry and manufacturer. A friend of mine owns a heating and air conditioning company and he's run into 5 week or more waits for units.
    So a pinball company needs a huge supply of parts to stock an assembly line and plan for production to start up and keep it moving. Common parts, probably not as big an issue. Pop bumpers, slingshots, flippers, type stuff.
    Now anything custom made and specific for a game. All of a sudden may take months more than hoped to get in adequate quantity, could effect when that game comes out and move a different one ahead of it.
    All of this must be driving every pinball manufacturer nuts right now. Trying to get everything needed in place to get a line going.
    I hope nothing but the best for every pinball manufacturer in these crazy times. In the early 1990's when manufacturers were cutting back and closing lead the industry almost to the point of no return. Only Stern was left. So right now I don't think we can afford to lose any manufacturer and risk repeating the pinball industry crashing again. Next time it might not come back.
    I hope things get rolling again and new titles once again start flowing out the manufacturer's doors. So the industry as we know it stays healthy. No matter which title is next or the reason behind it.

A message full of hope and optimism,now that's kind of refreshing here on Pinside

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallPin:

are kids playing pinball machines or adults?

Here is the guy with the high score on GNR in my house.......

IMG_3544 (resized).jpgIMG_3544 (resized).jpg
    #514 3 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Here is the guy with the high score on GNR in my house.......
    [quoted image]

Hope JJP brings high scoring finally into a game like the old GNR pin, at least Stern did it on Iron Maiden which makes it more fun as well.

#515 3 years ago

"If the last YellowBrick WOZ is sold there will be a special edition "WOZ Purple Brick Road" without mini playfields and no monkeylifter. Build only 1500 pieces ... Of all are sold ,THAN a GNR will show up. Why did you ask me? "

After this answer I brought my glass sphere to the service

#516 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomDK:

"If the last YellowBrick WOZ is sold there will be a special edition "WOZ Purple Brick Road" without mini playfields and no monkeylifter.

No, there will be more YBR made and, the kick in the jimmy will be, it will include the monkey. When JJP announced the YBR version they said it would be limited to, I believe it was, 200 machines "this year" and that "more could be made".

#517 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

No, there will be more YBR made and, the kick in the jimmy will be, it will include the monkey.

Can't. Monkey won't fit in the new cabinet.

#518 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Monkey won't fit in the new cabinet.

Goodbye "middle truth," I've found my new favorite pinball euphemism!

#519 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Goodbye "middle truth," I've found my new favorite pinball euphemism!

HA! That is fantastic. Thank you.

#520 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I worked on a Ruby Red in Hopkins. It had the new cab with the boards in the backbox. It had the monkey... It was just made in the last run.

#521 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That was only for YBR. The machines (RR so far) after YBR have the monkey back in them.

#522 3 years ago

GNR Vinyl revival down here atm.
    You guys in the States or Europe getting this as well ?
    Hope you are, seems like decent value.

I can't wait to get a high end turntable and start a new vinyl collection and get back into the pureness of Vinyl.
    The 80's with raw power of a class D amp tweaked by analog equalizers was so fun

https://insider.ticketek.com.au/the-sound-of-vinyl-australia-launch-exclusive-guns-n-roses-merchandise/?utm_source=tt-email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=202000901_TKTINSIDER_GunsNRoses

amp (resized).JPGamp (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #523 3 years ago

How much will the Pro be?

#524 3 years ago

Now seems like the right time for JJP to make some sort of announcement in the next pin (regardless what it may be) to take some of the steam out of the Stern Avengers release. I am no marketing genius, but the # of used pins hitting the pinside market have gone up significantly the past 2 weeks due to folks making room or getting cash to buy the new pin. I would think by making an announcement, some buyers may just hold that cash for the new JJP - especially if it is GNR! I understand the manufacturing delays, but an announcement, even a teaser for a December release may be enough to get some buyers to hold. And, I also k ow that suppliers are struggling with the downtime and require up front cash to keep lines running and production flowing - offer a preorder on a 3 month delay if you need the cash - let the pinball community help.

#525 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinaddikt:

Now seems like the right time for JJP to make some sort of announcement in the next pin (regardless what it may be) to take some of the steam out of the Stern Avengers release. I am no marketing genius, but the # of used pins hitting the pinside market have gone up significantly the past 2 weeks due to folks making room or getting cash to buy the new pin. I would think by making an announcement, some buyers may just hold that cash for the new JJP - especially if it is GNR! I understand the manufacturing delays, but an announcement, even a teaser for a December release may be enough to get some buyers to hold. And, I also know that suppliers are struggling with the downtime and require up front cash to keep lines running and production flowing - offer a preorder on a 3 month delay if you need the cash - let the pinball community help.

#526 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought GnR is a narrow body?

I felt that one major way JJP differentiated its-self from Stern is that the machines were wide-body, which made me want them more.
    If JJP are moving to standard body games then all of a sudden Stern games are equal to JJP, but with Stern having the distinct advantage of them putting out a handful of themes a year, so far more choice to JJP.

Don't get me wrong I have and love Wonka & DI, but in the time these have come out how many outstanding Stern 'standard body games' have there been? Quite a few.
    I am 5 for 5 with JJP but questing if that will continue.

#527 3 years ago

Received email from Joe at PinballStar that announcement is in October for JJP #6.

#528 3 years ago

GnR... aren't they a 3-hit wonder? Am i being harsh there?

#529 3 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

GnR... aren't they a two hit wonder? Am i being harsh there?

A little yes.... lets say they made a very long career out of two really good records. . . .
    1. "Welcome to the Jungle"
    2. "Sweet Child o' Mine"
    3. "Patience"
    4. "Paradise City"
    5. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
    6. "Paradise City"
    7. "You Could Be Mine"
    8. "Don't Cry"
    9. "November Rain"
    10. "Live and Let Die"
    11. "Yesterdays"

#530 3 years ago

Coma
    The garden
    Dead horse
    Bad apples
    Don't damn me
    Estranged
    Shotgun blues
    Back off bitch
    Since I don't have you
    Mr Brownstone

And the list goes on and on......

#531 3 years ago
    Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

Coma
    The garden
    Dead horse
    Bad apples
    Don't damn me
    Estranged
    Shotgun blues
    Back off bitch
    Since I don't have you
    Mr Brownstone
    And the list goes on and on......

I guess... Haven't ever heard of any of those songs. I wouldn't call them hits.

#532 3 years ago

Used to love her...

#533 3 years ago

The songs being hits don't matter, its the concerts. We saw gnr in the 90s and it was a great show. Same as kiss in the 70s, not the best music but some of the best live performances

#534 3 years ago

that being said I'm still buyin zepp over gnr

#535 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

that being said I'm still buyin zepp over gnr

Stern would be the best to do a Zep pin as it would need to be a re-theme, like a lot of Zepplin songs were "re-themes" of other peoples songs.

#536 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Stern would be the best to do a Zep pin as it would need to be a re-theme, like a lot of Zepplin songs were "re-themes" of other peoples songs.

Oh I think they wrote plenty of their own songs.A lot of the blues stuff were covers

#537 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I guess... Haven't ever heard of any of those songs. I wouldn't call them hits.

So sad.....
    Go and enjoy them on YT or something....they are all great songs.....

#538 3 years ago

Too much $$$, I’m out. Is the Standard $8000?

#539 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

Too much $$$, I’m out. Is the Standard $8000?

I think Wonka standard was $7500....keep in mind their standards are more line Stern premiums....LE's were $9K, which is basically in line with Stern LE's with way more additions than Stern provides

#540 3 years ago

$9500

#541 3 years ago

I stand corrected

#542 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

A little yes.... lets say they made a very long career out of two really good records. . . .
    1. "Welcome to the Jungle"
    2. "Sweet Child o' Mine"
    3. "Patience"
    4. "Paradise City"
    5. "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
    6. "Paradise City"
    7. "You Could Be Mine"
    8. "Don't Cry"
    9. "November Rain"
    10. "Live and Let Die"
    11. "Yesterdays"

When I saw them last fall on the tour, they absolutely KILLED it with their renditions of "The Seeker" and (believe it or not) "Wichita Lineman", and over the years have done lots of similarly good cover tunes live. Rest assured, there's no shortage of great material to make the game code as deep or deeper than anything else JJP has done!

#543 3 years ago
    Quoted from DorkVonWaterfall:

So sad.....
    Go and enjoy them on YT or something....they are all great songs.....

I couldn't enjoy their greatest hits if you paid me Mike Tyson 90s money. I know many like them, but they make my ears bleed worse than country, and they did back in the day too. Seriously, if take Garth Brooks instead.

#544 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I couldn't enjoy their greatest hits if you paid me Mike Tyson 90s money. I know many like them, but they make my ears bleed worse than country, and they did back in the day too. Seriously, if take Garth Brooks instead.

great story dude!

#545 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

great story dude!

Curious, do you think he likes the band?

#546 3 years ago

I could respect it until Garth Brooks entered into it.
    Now, a soothing down under voice like Chris Gaines maybe.

#547 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBubbles:

Also hoping it's a widebody that's loaded. Wonka felt stripped down with weak toys.

Pretty sure Pat convinced JJP to go narrow body only, which is a mistake. Can he retire already?

#548 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure Pat convinced JJP to go narrow body only, which is a mistake. Can he retire already?

Damn it Lord Lawlor strikes again!

#549 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I could respect it until Garth Brooks entered into it.
    Now, a soothing down under voice like Chris Gaines maybe.

I thought I was the only oddball that enjoyed that Chris Gains era. Lol

#550 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

He did a nice job with Wonka....that game is fun and addicting ..... although I agree that JJP wide bodies are great

There are 675 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-wait-for-jjp-s-guns-n-roses-/page/11?hl=ozpinsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.