Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Wolfmarsh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i need to do some work on them, but i need another person around these days to help me... gonna get my wife to give me a hand with the score reel rebuild, THAT ought to be interesting...

I think my wife would rather lick her fingers and start touching the lugs on a powered on transformer.

#17 9 years ago

^^^^^^^^

My wife wouldn't even hold a soldering iron while I was doing something. She said "no way. That's hot!"

I think the Gottlieb Decagon Score unit is the most tedious EM related part I've had to disassemble, clean and reassemble. Four players really suck. 16 score reels. It's getting the coil in and out that annoys me the most. Little pricks.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Wow, really? I mean, I've never taken apart a score motor and adjusted one, knock on wood, but with the four EM's I've owned so far, usually it's just been one or two reels from each player that needed adjusting to behave...as far as I can tell. I am gonna check Hang Glider before we have our tourney later this month to make sure all four players are scoring correctly, but I'm fairly confident it's good to go...

I've done it once on a Gottlieb one. Took a couple stacks off so I could get the rotating wheel out. It's a pain too but the thing was so greasy it was just easier to take it out. Putting it back in was "fun" too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-you-should-play-your-ems-a-lot?tu=dtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.