(Topic ID: 42886)

Why Would Owners NOT Buy Cliffy Protectors?

By ThatGuy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7A4183A5-06C6-4F95-AE93-A51A8A2E802C (resized).jpeg
    AFM_Playfield_009.jpg
    WP_001584.jpg
    RobertM-MC1sm.jpg
    mcwear2.JPG
    Pm56lr.jpg
    23862723.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Anytime someone lists a pin for sale and puts up pictures that doesn't include the shooter lane, people will ask for pictures of the shooter lane!

I think the reason for this isn't that it is so important for the shooter lane itself to look good, rather it can be an indicator of how much the pin has been played and how much wear the rest of the pin might have.

+1000

#168 11 years ago

Here is what I've decided for now.....I bought Cliffy's for my Lotr Le, SM and Wpt and won't put them on yet in my HUO environment except for the shooter lane ejects....I'm going with the "hard as nails" and self laminating strips in the other areas....

My biggest concern is the balls hammering the protectors and nicking which may cause damage to the rest of the play field....I don't know if that is common or not but its a concern to me...

Until I hear/see evidence to the contrary this is it for me for the time being...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-would-owner-not-buy-ciffy-protectors?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.