(Topic ID: 42886)

Why Would Owners NOT Buy Cliffy Protectors?

By ThatGuy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7A4183A5-06C6-4F95-AE93-A51A8A2E802C (resized).jpeg
    AFM_Playfield_009.jpg
    WP_001584.jpg
    RobertM-MC1sm.jpg
    mcwear2.JPG
    Pm56lr.jpg
    23862723.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 11 years ago

Cliffy's are a great service for sure, a few have issues, as I've never used or heard of anyone using a saucer protector that worked flawlessly, and others are a god sent. My belief was Kerry Stairs on new PF's, cliffys over slight wear, or reworked areas, BUT since getting a restored TAF with a BD cc'd new PF, there is some slight wear already starting to the chair hole, and I'm debating using the cliffy to protect from seeing more.

I have many installed on many machines though, and there is no doubt that a huge percentage of machines out there look better because of him.

#124 11 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

I generally don't use protectors because it changes how the game plays

But a chewed out hole doesn't? TAF, LAH, AFM, and MB for example get super easier with the major wear they are prone to.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-would-owner-not-buy-ciffy-protectors?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.