By fourkidsco

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170912_213734[1] (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

On many of the driver boards I have all the resistors look like your top 3. I haven't had a system 3-7 game in year but clay had a good guide to troubleshoot these. I think most of that info is now on pinwiki. Also check Marks page for assembly drawing and schematics. http://pinball.flippers.info/system6resources.asp. arcarc.xmission.com should have them also.

Not sure if firepower.com is still around (never been able to reach it from work) but Richard was a great help to 3-7 owners when I got into the hobby 15 years ago.

I used to use LEONs test ROM to systematically troubleshoot these. I have been told there is a better version now. I think they say Marco made them. You put the ROM in the cpu and it will set the outputs of the PIA on off on off so you can work from the connectors back to the PIA to find any problems.

If you have any questions ping me and I can walk you through it from home one evening. i might be able to burn a test ROM for you if I have the correct size.

As for 2n6548, I don't remember that chip off hand, what is it used for ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-would-only-3-27ohm-resistors-be-toasted-williams-driver-3-6?tu=KJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.