WHTDMD.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 12.20.55 AM.png
IMG_4652.JPG
IMM 32 001.JPG
80bb997c828dcf724eb8838a54156c8c.jpg
rollingstones-nba.jpg
RDs Unicorn.png
IMAG0126.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The LE cabinet art is rendered on a unique satin glow brushed aluminum finish to accentuate the dazzling new car! This innovative new cabinet art process was developed by Stern to give the car a three dimensional look and feel.

We all need to see the Mustang LE cabinet. It could surpass WOZLE and be the best cab ever.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Two road hazard drop targets, crossover ramp, spinning car table, and 4 more songs.

All those things (plus 8 color-changing LEDs, chrome pony emblem on speaker panel, painted metal bottom arch, and action button on lockdown bar) are shared by the premium and the LE.

All three (pro + premium + LE) get different cabinet art, different translights, and different cars pictured here and there on basically the same playfield.

Only the LE gets the totally new cabinet material construction, plus:
5 backbox flash lamps
illuminated speaker surrounds with laser-cut hexagonal grills
shaker motor
color-themed metallic powdercoated armor, legs, hinges, and front molding
designer John Trudeau's signature on the playfield under the clearcoat
serialized number plate (on the speaker panel) + certificate of authenticity

Maybe once we see it the LE's "unique satin glow brushed aluminum finish innovative new cabinet art process to give the car (on the sidebox) a three dimensional look and feel" will make up for the lack of a mirrored backglass?

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I presume the Premium and LE aren't shipping yet. Has anyone on Pinside seen either in person?

No. One distributor's website says premiums are expected to be available the end of May / beginning of June. Not sure if the LEs would be run after the pros and before the premiums or run last?

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

If I'm paying top dollar for a limited production run on a new pin, then it's imperative that there are unique features in the LE that premium and pro models don't have.

Did you see my earlier post in this thread listing the features in the premium and LE that are not in the Mustang pro and then listing all the features in the LE that are not in the premium? Keep in mind that the premium's MSRP is only $1K less than the LE ($7500 versus $8500). The premium is pretty darn pricey!

1 week later
#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I was really just fishing for some people to defend the LE. It seems like hardcore pinheads of the Pinside variety are normally the target market for LEs. Maybe this time that won't be true.

The Mustang pro, premium and LE models have content differences (as listed in my earlier post in this thread). But the artwork differences between them aren't like the differences for other recent Stern games. The pro has a '70 Mach1 428 Cobrajet depicted on the cab and '68 + '70 + '15 Mustangs on the translight. The premium has '70 + '71 + '13 Boss Mustangs on the cab and '69 + '70 + '13 Boss 302 Mustangs on the translight. The LE has a '15 GT on the cab side (in a new special metal 3-D like finish) and '65 and '15 Mustangs (representing the "50 years of Mustang") on the translight. No one has seen the special new cabinet on the Mustang LE yet. Maybe it is so cool it will be what everyone hopes future Stern LEs all have. Maybe once they see it people will buy a Mustang LE because of it.

But until and unless that happens, the Mustang pro cab looks pretty nice and at $3K less than an LE is the bargain of the lot. Unless you own a '65 or '66 Mustang or a brand new '15, the cars featured on the LE aren't that special. The premium features older and modern Boss 302s and Boss 351s and Boss 429s (even on its playfield) and is the model that should appeal to Mustang enthusiasts like me (who like high performance model Mustangs). The premium gets most of the upgrades of the LE (with only the LE getting the special new cab finish). But the premium is $2K more than a Mustang pro (I think it should have been priced exactly in between pro and LE instead), which will make more guys settle for a pro.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Report back and tell us if the new cabinet is all that.

Quoted from LesManley:

I'll swing over there when he gets it in and check it out. I saw the initial video about the crossover ramp today and that did not do anything for my expectations. I hope the drops and the crossover ramp are well integrated, I guess we'll see.

The crossover ramp and the drop targets (and the action button on the lockdown bar) are on the premium and the LE. The LE-only cabinet finish is something totally new developed by Stern and used on Mustang LE for the very first time. Advertised as: "the cabinet art is rendered on a unique satin glow brushed aluminum finish to accentuate the dazzling new car! This innovative new cabinet art process was developed by Stern to give the car a three dimensional look and feel." Most important to specifically report back on the never-seen-before cabinet side art.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I very much doubt that half of the Mustang LE's will get made.

I believe (don't have any hard evidence to back this up, though) that Mustang LEs are finally being run and premiums will be run after that. We've seen that the LE and the premium both get extra drop targets, the diverter ramp, the action button on the lockdown bar, and the turntable under the main car toy (which is stated by Stern to be interactive). So far we've only seen and played pro games which have none of those features, so none of us know how any of those features are integrated into gameplay. Maybe rotating the turntable reveals another shot to make? Maybe pressing the action button selects which ramp entry position? Until we see how these extra features are implemented I don't see how we can properly judge gameplay of the premium or LE.

I think people's dislike for Mustang premium and LE is mainly based on their high price tags. Let me say right now that I certainly don't like the high prices either. I have five games that I purchased NIB (all five HUO ever since, of course), but all of them were purchased before the advent of the current pro/premium/LE price strategy.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can see someone buying the Mustang Premium if it plays better and they like the theme. My point was just that the LE seemed kinda gimped, nothing all that special for the extra money, just get the Prem. Maybe if you're a car guy with just that one pin the cabinet treatment will look good in your garage, instead of being hidden on either side by other pins.

Some people really love the quality of the WOZLE cabinet. I'm pretty sure those people are putting WOZ on the end of their row of pins to accentuate the high quality cab. What if the special Mustang LE 3-D metallized cabinet blows away the WOZ cab and sets the ultimate standard for future pin cabs? A mirrored backglass doesn't add anything more to gameplay than a really nice cabinet - you just get to look a lot more at the backglass (than the cabinet sides) when you're playing the pin.

I personally have a Mustang Premium on order (premium production estimated to begin around June 10th) with the HookedOnPinball tachometer add-on mod and Flipper Fidelity speakers and RockCustom undercab lighting kit and a 1:24 scale red Shelby GT500 model (to swap onto the turntable) already waiting at home for it. Undecided about adding a shaker motor (only the LE comes with one) but those who added one to Mustang pro say it is underutilized (maybe programming updates will change that).

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

LE Cabinet art is different from Mustang premium.

It's not just the artwork that's different. It is a whole new process developed by Stern and different materials used for the cabinet sides. It might look spectacular when someone actually sees it in person.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My understanding is that the Pros have sold well, but to car people - not pin people.

I'm not sure they're selling all that well to car people. I do think some may have been sold to rich non-pinball people, though.

I used to be quite active on a Mustang site (lately active here instead for the most part). Went back to the Mustang site and searched for the word "pinball" in thread titles and posts. Saw two threads about the Stern Mustang pin being made. One was posted back in February when the game was announced. There were no reply posts in response to the initial post starting that thread. The other thread was started last month and had around five replies on it. Only one poster was interested in getting the game (and he said he put it on a wish list and would try to save up towards getting it).

It looks to me like only pinball people understand (and grudgingly accept) how much these expensive games cost. If some of us pin guys are Mustang fans too, then we consider buying a Mustang game. But Mustang fans (who aren't also pinball fanatics) see a pinball machine as too expensive to even consider (which was basically the sentiment of the few posters other than the guy who put it on his wish list).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-would-anyone-buy-the-mustang-le?tu=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.