WHTDMD.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 12.20.55 AM.png
IMG_4652.JPG
IMM 32 001.JPG
80bb997c828dcf724eb8838a54156c8c.jpg
rollingstones-nba.jpg
RDs Unicorn.png
IMAG0126.jpg
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 9 years ago

Dear Stern,
Please look at Metallica Pro and it's sales!
Metal wire forms , cool art, great game design and good toys.
Try this recipe a few times and you will score!!

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I have never seen an ad in Mustang Monthly for Sterns pin, maybe they are missing the boat on that. The Ford Collections site is used mostly by Dealers, and the Parts Manager most likely would not order Pinball Machine.

Just saw an add for the Mustang pin in my latest edition of 5.0 Magazine.

It's goes onto another page as well but is a fairly small and basic article.

IMG_4652.JPGIMG_4652.JPG

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My understanding is that the Pros have sold well, and to car people, not pin people.

What do you base that understanding on ?

#154 9 years ago

Friend of mine has bought ever stern le since he started. Came in the game after sm black and lotr le. This is the first stern le he has passed on. I personally am very happy with the metle I got. It was my only nib stern. Keep pumping out crap and it won't be hard to say no to the next one too. Hope they do better next time

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What do you base that understanding on ?

A couple of distributors (one very well respected) has made this comment a couple times. Could be true or could be an attempt to build buzz. One of the distribors that I saw post this is VERY well respected here so I don't think he was telling a story.

#156 9 years ago

I'm hearing the same.

LE and Premium sales are way way down and thus there is a push to develop the next title real soon. If Rumors are True we will see pictures of The Walking Dead in June and the Premium will have lots of upgrades.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

I'd bet the theater is a cinemark. I use to take care of their arcade and it seems they are one of the few places who still have arcades. Even a more rare occur acne is an arcade with two new well kept pinz.
Here is "Two thumbs up" to my old boss Matt MacDoungh (gamefixer) for keeping pinball alive in a few locations!
The pinballs almost never earn as well as a video game, cost more to keep running and require a heck of a lot more tlc than a video game.
All My Best!
Chris Kruger

Yup, it's Cinemark! For the longest time, they'd always have 1 Stern in the arcade...They had POTC for a while, then replaced it with Stones....then brought in Star Trek to go along with Stones. They're always in good shape - not sure that's due to no one playing them or regular maintenance...I'll go with maintenance, since they took the time to replace the broken Mick.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm hearing the same.
LE and Premium sales are way way down and thus there is a push to develop the next title real soon. If Rumors are True we will see pictures of The Walking Dead in June and the Premium will have lots of upgrades.

I very much doubt that half of the Mustang LE's will get made.

Get last Metallica update out and do another Metallica pro run

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I very much doubt that half of the Mustang LE's will get made.

I believe (don't have any hard evidence to back this up, though) that Mustang LEs are finally being run and premiums will be run after that. We've seen that the LE and the premium both get extra drop targets, the diverter ramp, the action button on the lockdown bar, and the turntable under the main car toy (which is stated by Stern to be interactive). So far we've only seen and played pro games which have none of those features, so none of us know how any of those features are integrated into gameplay. Maybe rotating the turntable reveals another shot to make? Maybe pressing the action button selects which ramp entry position? Until we see how these extra features are implemented I don't see how we can properly judge gameplay of the premium or LE.

I think people's dislike for Mustang premium and LE is mainly based on their high price tags. Let me say right now that I certainly don't like the high prices either. I have five games that I purchased NIB (all five HUO ever since, of course), but all of them were purchased before the advent of the current pro/premium/LE price strategy.

#160 9 years ago

I hope Stern brings an LE to PAGG...

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Until we see how these extra features are implemented I don't see how we can properly judge gameplay of the premium or LE.

Oh I totally agree, and I can see buying the Mustang Premium for sure if it plays better and you like the theme. My point was just that the LE seemed kinda gimped, nothing all that special for the extra money, just get the Prem. Maybe if you're a car guy with just that one pin the cabinet treatment will look good in your garage, instead of being hidden on either side by other pins.

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I can see someone buying the Mustang Premium if it plays better and they like the theme. My point was just that the LE seemed kinda gimped, nothing all that special for the extra money, just get the Prem. Maybe if you're a car guy with just that one pin the cabinet treatment will look good in your garage, instead of being hidden on either side by other pins.

Some people really love the quality of the WOZLE cabinet. I'm pretty sure those people are putting WOZ on the end of their row of pins to accentuate the high quality cab. What if the special Mustang LE 3-D metallized cabinet blows away the WOZ cab and sets the ultimate standard for future pin cabs? A mirrored backglass doesn't add anything more to gameplay than a really nice cabinet - you just get to look a lot more at the backglass (than the cabinet sides) when you're playing the pin.

I personally have a Mustang Premium on order (premium production estimated to begin around June 10th) with the HookedOnPinball tachometer add-on mod and Flipper Fidelity speakers and RockCustom undercab lighting kit and a 1:24 scale red Shelby GT500 model (to swap onto the turntable) already waiting at home for it. Undecided about adding a shaker motor (only the LE comes with one) but those who added one to Mustang pro say it is underutilized (maybe programming updates will change that).

#163 9 years ago

Maybe if the special cabinet metal finish is mirrored it could offset the total disappointment of not providing a mirrored backglass with the LE,..... or at the very least asking for even more money for a mirrored backglass as an option for the LE.

Come on man....even 'Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour', and 'Rocky and Bullwinkle' have mirrored backglasses....and they look spectacular and cost a fraction!!

Tell me then which after-market company makes mirrored backglasses, and not the 2mil white mylar color copies? Mirrored backglasses rule!

#164 9 years ago

See the link below for a friend of mine that prints his artistic photos on metallic paper and gets a 3D effect. Not sure if Stern and Dee Nichols use the same metallic paper, but Dee's artwork is unique and something to stare at for awhile. Maybe the Stern Mustang LE cabinet will be just as attractive to the eye. Check Dee's Washington State artwork out at:

http://www.expressionsbydeenichols.com/washington.html

Check out Arizona photos too......take a break from pinball....no bad days.

#165 9 years ago

Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 12.20.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-05-13 at 12.20.55 AM.png

to install the HOOKED mod, that's cooler than the pin

bb

#166 9 years ago

Here are the only differences between a LE and the Premium.
LE Cabinet art. LE translite. Mach 1 Shaker motor. 5 backbox flash lamps. Illuninated speaker surrounds with grills. Colored themed metallic powder coated armor, legs, hinges, and front moulding. Action Button trim plate. John Trudeau's signature under playfield hard coat. Serialized number plate and certificate of authenticity.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Dang,
You were not impressed with the pro game play and so you went and ordered an Le sight unseen . Well at least we know your honest .
Please share pics and thoughts .

I bought it before even the pro came out or any other photos. I know it wasn't the smartest move.
However that being said I will buy Steve Richie games as I think he is 1 of the better designers. So, bring on superman...

#168 9 years ago

The Stang has a great feature that make the purchase worthwhile. They had leave of off the flyer. Each change return is actually a glory hole. That's right two glory holes for some awesome ball smacking action.

Needless to say, I can't believe they sold a single one.

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

LE Cabinet art is different from Mustang premium.

It's not just the artwork that's different. It is a whole new process developed by Stern and different materials used for the cabinet sides. It might look spectacular when someone actually sees it in person.

#170 9 years ago

I'm kinda shocked they would announce TWD in June without letting Mustang LE and Premiums hit the market. Fact is the last few Stern LE games sold out to distributors and Mustang LE has not. - This is probably a wake up call to Stern, but what do they do? - I guess they say move to the next title ASAP and hope they sell it out.

I'd like to go back to PRO and a blinged out LE without additional gameplay features. Hell just raise the price of the pro $200.00 to add another toy or two.

Also heard they are toying with locked in pricing that distributors are going to be bound to. In that case I do not see them selling a single LE game at a locked in price point of $8500.00

I think people will have a hard time paying $5000.00 for a pro as none of us are used to that price point.

#171 9 years ago

They are already going to feel LEs tank. Lock that pricing and it's all over .

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm kinda shocked they would announce TWD in June without letting Mustang LE and Premiums hit the market. Fact is the last few Stern LE games sold out to distributors and Mustang LE has not. - This is probably a wake up call to Stern, but what do they do? - I guess they say move to the next title ASAP and hope they sell it out.
I'd like to go back to PRO and a blinged out LE without additional gameplay features. Hell just raise the price of the pro $200.00 to add another toy or two.
Also heard they are toying with locked in pricing that distributors are going to be bound to. In that case I do not see them selling a single LE game at a locked in price point of $8500.00
I think people will have a hard time paying $5000.00 for a pro as none of us are used to that price point.

Thats why they won't make them all. As long as they are producing something, production line rolls on. Hence bringing forward next pin as Mustang LE is a busted flush. It might even be a good game but for current price points, it needs to be spectacular.

#173 9 years ago

I'm still waiting for the Shelby edition.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My understanding is that the Pros have sold well, but to car people - not pin people.

I'm not sure they're selling all that well to car people. I do think some may have been sold to rich non-pinball people, though.

I used to be quite active on a Mustang site (lately active here instead for the most part). Went back to the Mustang site and searched for the word "pinball" in thread titles and posts. Saw two threads about the Stern Mustang pin being made. One was posted back in February when the game was announced. There were no reply posts in response to the initial post starting that thread. The other thread was started last month and had around five replies on it. Only one poster was interested in getting the game (and he said he put it on a wish list and would try to save up towards getting it).

It looks to me like only pinball people understand (and grudgingly accept) how much these expensive games cost. If some of us pin guys are Mustang fans too, then we consider buying a Mustang game. But Mustang fans (who aren't also pinball fanatics) see a pinball machine as too expensive to even consider (which was basically the sentiment of the few posters other than the guy who put it on his wish list).

1 week later
#175 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Each change return is actually a glory hole. That's right two glory holes for some awesome ball smacking action.

What's a glory hole?... My wife tried to explain it to me but I'm still confused. I don't think any of our pins have them.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from Geremy13:

What's a glory hole?... My wife tried to explain it to me but I'm still confused. I don't think any of our pins have them.

There is a lot of funny in your post

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It's not just the artwork that's different. It is a whole new process developed by Stern and different materials used for the cabinet sides. It might look spectacular when someone actually sees it in person.

Not that I can afford one, but I really want to see one in person as the pictures look really cool. Tullster has been promising to let me come play his Pro. Looking forward to that!

#178 9 years ago

The side art is cool looking in person, but certainly not worth a significant premium and is diminished by the fact the artwork is the same on both sides. If I had both Mustang LE and WOZLE, WOZLE would get an end spot on a row of pins hands down.

I'll be surprised if these LEs aren't available for quite some time and then blown out in six months.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'll be surprised if these LEs aren't available for quite some time and then blown out in six months.

*crosses fingers*

#180 9 years ago

Is there any place to play Mustang in NJ, (Pro, Prem or LE)?

I know I am in the minority, but I like the look and can't wait to play one.

#181 9 years ago

Well, I got mine & I really like it. So, I'll be keeping her....

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Are there any machines you would compare it to? Do you like the sound track?

#183 9 years ago

Two of the songs are ok. The others I could live without. However, someone will change out the music like on AC/DC at some point so hopefully I run into that post. As for as play like, I will leave that up to peoples opinion as everyone has one and no reason for me to compare and then get bashed to the wall.

#184 9 years ago

Mustang LE is now on route at Blainbrook Bowl here in town. I stopped in tonight after softball to play a few games. If you have played the Pro, you have played the LE...it's almost exactly the same. The two LE drop targets only come up after completing a mode and then go down when you start a new mode. The fire button does nothing except launch the ball, the crossover ramp is basically never utilized and the spinning turntable that has no interaction with the game blocks all the pops plus most of the roll overs depending on how you stand. You can pick what song you want to listen to on which mode and all the modes have songs. The new side art is nothing special unless you have a super bright light pointed at it. I don't think most people would even notice it unless you pointed it out. Think a foil embossed baseball card for example, but not even as impressive. Mustang is a fun game, but this is almost certainly the most disappointing LE package to date. Not anywhere near worth the money IMHO.

I will say, the shaker motor interaction on the LE was very nice. It was non-existent on the Pro in the older code revision. I would imagine it would be as nice on the Pro now too with the new code, but I haven't tried the Pro again since the last code update.

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mustang LE is now on route at Blainbrook Bowl here in town. I stopped in tonight after softball to play a few games. If you have played the Pro, you have played the LE...it's almost exactly the same. The two LE drop targets only come up after completing a mode and then go down when you start a new mode. The fire button does nothing except launch the ball, the crossover ramp is basically never utilized and the spinning turntable that has no interaction with the game blocks all the pops plus most of the roll overs depending on how you stand. You can pick what song you want to listen to on which mode and all the modes have songs. The new side art is nothing special unless you have a super bright light pointed at it. I don't think most people would even notice it unless you pointed it out. Think a foil embossed baseball card for example, but not even as impressive. Mustang is a fun game, but this is almost certainly the most disappointing LE package to date. Not anywhere near worth the money IMHO.
I will say, the shaker motor interaction on the LE was very nice. It was non-existent on the Pro in the older code revision. I would imagine it would be as nice on the Pro now too with the new code, but I haven't tried the Pro again since the last code update.

What's your impression of the gameplay?

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's your impression of the gameplay?

I like it. I think Mustang is a fun game. The modes are pretty fleshed out at this point and the dots for them are very good with the last code update. The call outs are plenty and once again there is a lot of variety with the latest update. I love the humor they have incorporated into the game with the dots and call outs now. Scoring is pretty balanced aside for a 6th gear super jackpot in gears multiball and the challenge level has been ramped up a bit so it's not as easy as it was initially.

The LE specific features don't do much for me at this point. The turntable is actually a negative IMHO. Too big and blocks the entire pops and the bottom rollovers depending how you stand. The cabinet art is nice, but not revolutionary or anything. Without a bright light on it, you can't even really tell the difference from normal cab art. I would want a real backglass personally instead. The cross over ramp is very under utilized and the drop targets are the same way. The fire button does nothing but launch the ball. They just aren't incorporated yet. You can tell they haven't thought about the LE much exclusively for code yet. I expect an LE only code update pretty soon to address this. Overall the game is fun to play, some nice shots and some nice historical humor in it now. I think the theme hurts this one immensely. It does nothing for me, I am not a car guy. If it was something like Walking Dead and the GEARS drop targets were zombies for instance and you were blasting them, I think people would be much more excited about playing it.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The Stang has a great feature that make the purchase worthwhile. They had leave of off the flyer. Each change return is actually a glory hole. That's right two glory holes for some awesome ball smacking action.
Needless to say, I can't believe they sold a single one.

Well that was really stupid. How old are you?

#188 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I like it. I think Mustang is a fun game. The modes are pretty fleshed out at this point and the dots for them are very good with the last code update. The call outs are plenty and once again there is a lot of variety with the latest update. I love the humor they have incorporated into the game with the dots and call outs now. Scoring is pretty balanced aside for a 6th gear super jackpot in gears multiball and the challenge level has been ramped up a bit so it's not as easy as it was initially.
The LE specific features don't do much for me at this point. The turntable is actually a negative IMHO. Too big and blocks the entire pops and the bottom rollovers depending how you stand. The cabinet art is nice, but not revolutionary or anything. Without a bright light on it, you can't even really tell the difference from normal cab art. I would want a real backglass personally instead. The cross over ramp is very under utilized and the drop targets are the same way. They just aren't incorporated yet. You can tell they haven't thought about the LE much exclusively for code yet. I expect an LE only code update pretty soon to address this. Overall the game is fun to play, some nice shots and some nice historical humor in it now. I think the theme hurts this one immensely. It does nothing for me, I am not a car guy. If it was something like Walking Dead and the GEARS drop targets were zombies for instance and you were blasting them, I think people would be much more excited about playing it.

Thanks for the rundown.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Cobra99:

I'm still waiting for the Shelby edition.

Hmmm, that would be intriguing

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Got mine a few weeks ago, it's fast and fun and a keeper also.

#191 9 years ago

A Few Changes...

WHTDMD.jpgWHTDMD.jpg

MSShooterRod.jpgMSShooterRod.jpg
#192 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The LE specific features don't do much for me at this point. The turntable is actually a negative IMHO. Too big and blocks the entire pops and the bottom rollovers depending how you stand. The cabinet art is nice, but not revolutionary or anything. Without a bright light on it, you can't even really tell the difference from normal cab art. I would want a real backglass personally instead. The cross over ramp is very under utilized and the drop targets are the same way. They just aren't incorporated yet. You can tell they haven't thought about the LE much exclusively for code yet. I expect an LE only code update pretty soon to address this. Overall the game is fun to play, some nice shots and some nice historical humor in it now. I think the theme hurts this one immensely. It does nothing for me, I am not a car guy. If it was something like Walking Dead and the GEARS drop targets were zombies for instance and you were blasting them, I think people would be much more excited about playing it.

Agreed. It is more fun that ST at this point even with that mundane PF layout. Needs a reward from dropping GEARS in order like a double shift though.

#193 9 years ago

What are the extra 4 songs featured in the LE...apologies if I've missed it, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

#194 9 years ago

I think a lot of people on here have very short memories. I can think of at least 2 previous stern titles that the masses said were crap when they first came out and now they are a sort after item. Mustang is a great pin. I would much rather have one in my collection. I could care less about the next title. I cant see myself having a beer and playing muppets, walking dead yeah cool but still its just a theme.

#195 9 years ago

I'm just surprised with the lack of a main interactive toy in Mustang, especially with the LE. ACDC pro has the canon, LE / Premium the bell and mini playfield, Metallica pro the Sparky toy with Magnet, LE / Premium the hammer, grave marker, snake, and Star Trek pro the ship (more interactive on LE / Premium) with drop target, magnet and kicker to shoot the ball back. Does Stern really consider the 5 drop targets on the pro and the 5 drop targets and a spinning car on the LE to be the main toy?

I think both Mustang LE, Premium and Pro look cool but for the price they don't appear to offer the same value as Stern's other games. For the price of the LE there should have been a toy such as a mini V8 crate motor where you load balls into it and have to start 4, 6 and 8 ball multiball modes.

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm just surprised with the lack of a main interactive toy in Mustang,

Dear Panzer, if you manage to spend one week on Pinside without using the word "toy" in any of your posts, I'll donate $10 to pinside....

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from carbonROD:

What are the extra 4 songs featured in the LE...apologies if I've missed it, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I can't remember off hand, but you can choose which song you want to play during which mode. The songs are not fixed like in the Pro. It was nice having more music choices.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I think a lot of people on here have very short memories. I can think of at least 2 previous stern titles that the masses said were crap when they first came out and now they are a sort after item. Mustang is a great pin. I would much rather have one in my collection. I could care less about the next title. I cant see myself having a beer and playing muppets, walking dead yeah cool but still its just a theme.

Mustang Pro is a great game. From this post and others it seems the PRO is the way to go value wise. I love my Mustang Pro and see it as a long term pin. It plays great. I equate it to Iron Man as its fast and brutal. Would have been nice to have an interactive toy, but the drop targets and double stacked ramp ate up all of the budget.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Dear Panzer, if you manage to spend one week on Pinside without using the word "toy" in any of your posts, I'll donate $10 to pinside....

Lol. I forgot that interactive toys are not important to a small group of people when spending $7.5k+ on a pin. As long as its fast who cares how much it cost! Toys just get in the way of the flow man...

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Toys just get in the way of the flow man...

+1!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 200 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-would-anyone-buy-the-mustang-le/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.