_napalm.jpg
War.jpeg
image.jpg
Image 43.jpg
image.jpg
th.jpeg
BeamMeUp.jpg
WP_20150517_003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 9 years ago

After our first league night with quite a few beginner players my friend who has all DMD games said to me that he didn't think everyone would have as much fun playing his games than they did playing mine. He said that the EM games are easier to learn and understand than his modern DMD games and felt that most of our new players might be intimidated by them.

I got into EM's by accident. I bought one to gut it and turn it into a virtual pinball. I ended up loading the virtual version of that game (Aztec) on my computer and played it and liked it so much that I spent a year trying to find another project machine so I could get it playing again.

What I like about them is they ARE pinball. Skill AND luck. It seems modern pinball design is all about predictable shots and if the ball has any sort of random return to the flippers then it's bad design. They seem to try to take all the luck out of them. Modern pinball seems to be more about skill and knowledge and if you don't know all the rules you can't compete at the same level as someone with the same skill and more game knowledge.

I'll always have EM's in my lineup and I'll NEVER sell my ACD.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I agree 100%. I have several DMD games that I still don't know 100% (TSPP). Between ways to exploit the scoring, 5-way combos and stacking, if you don't know the ins and outs you won't do very well in competition.
Walk up to an EM, and in 5 seconds, you can explain all the rules. A minute to learn...a lifetime to master.

Hell, most of the instructions are painted on the playfield

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

A the suggestion of a pal, My son and I had a great round of "monkeys" on Jungle Queen last night.
Score doesn't matter, you play for monkeys only. Best of 50.
If you get all 10 in a ball, you just walk away, and let the ball drain.
I hadn't considered competing for anything other than score before. if you've never tried this, I highly recommend it.

Score it like Bowling. We do this with ACD. you get 2 balls to knock down 10 targets. If you do it in one ball it's a strike, 2 it's a spare. We play 5 frames.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

maplesyrup, welcome to the wonderful world of wagering on em games...

Me and the kids have fun playing for dollar games but since they have no concept of money they usually end up leaving the money laying all over the pins when quit to play more minecraft or something.. win win for me

1 week later
#180 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After the armageddon and our EM machines are the only ones left working, we will still need to find a way to drum up some power...
PedalPower.jpg

Once I met a guy in a storage unit to buy a pin and used an inverter in my car to test it out. It was only 300w peak, so it kinda worked. I think if the apocalypse comes I'll be too busy adding armor to my VW beetle to play any pinball

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NextoPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-would-anybody-get-an-em?tu=NextoPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.