(Topic ID: 153452)

Why was Gottlieb's System 1 Such a Stinker?

By mbaumle

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8D71EC4E-B85E-46F7-9ED2-0FD358CC24A4 (resized).jpeg
    C015F35F-4FE8-43AD-9294-D5DDBFE22D27 (resized).jpeg
    9F96E266-B09B-4600-BF60-281488072965 (resized).jpeg
    FD6AB354-E0BD-4812-AB99-641FEF1F5EE4 (resized).jpeg
    PI1X4_(resized).jpg
    s-l1600_(6)_(resized).jpg
    s-l1600_(7)_(resized).jpg
    Gottlieb_Canadian_Pinball_Patent_CA1141861.pdf (PDF preview)
    largcce_(resized).jpg
    00-gsys18_(resized).jpg
    gottlieb-counter-force-1_(resized).jpg
    P1030848_(resized).jpg
    s-l300_(resized).jpg
    IMG_1241_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WIZ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 8 years ago

I think the production numbers of Sinbad (12900) say it all, it was the most popular System One pinball. It was also the most produced pinball by Gottlieb, Em or SS!! And yes I have one...................

Quoted from Collin:

There are a few hidden System 1 gems. Totem was my first pin, and I still think it's fantastic. I've been looking for a Dragon casually for a little while now. They're in kind of a weird place gameplay-wise between EM and other early SS titles, but I think they're actually quite a bit of fun!
    From a technical standpoint, though, it wasn't good hardware design for a pinball machine. It was a rushed, and poorly thought out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider WIZ.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-was-gottliebs-system-1-such-a-stinker?tu=WIZ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.