(Topic ID: 11929)

why was cave troll multiball disabled on most lotrs?

By pinheadpuckguy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by MutterFudder
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I just was wondering why Cave Troll Multiball was disbled on most LOTRs?

#2 9 years ago

I have it disabled on mine. The intro and build up is way better without it..."balrog, this foe is beyond any of you. Run!" (mb begins). Can't beat that.

#3 9 years ago

I enabled mine and like it better. You can earn more points...and the keep shooting light stays on as you drain balls till cave troll is beaten and than fellowship mb begins...

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I just was wondering why Cave Troll Multiball was disbled on most LOTRs?

Because certain people that had more power than I did thought that it was too anticlimactic to have the balrog come out in the middle of the multiball than at the start. (It says the exact same thing as the straight-to-balrog intro after Cave Troll is finished/timed out.)

#5 9 years ago

I too enabled Cave Troll. Love it and it annoys me to play a LOTR with it disabled. Give me a chance to kill the cave troll before fighting the Balrog!

-Craig

#6 9 years ago

I love to kill trolls...
    And not just the LOTR variety either.

Thanks Keith, for programming such a wonderful game like LOTR. It is still my wife's favorite, she plays it almost every day. I can't thank you enough for getting her addicted to pinball!
    I just know WOZ is going to have all sorts of goodies for us to discover.
    I wish you many more future successes once WOZ is completed.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

thought that it was too anticlimactic to have the balrog come out in the middle of the multiball than at the start

That's interesting as that's what I actually surmised when Snurdley and I were pondering that
    at one time while playing his machine. Not that I thought someone was overruled; rather
    I was just guessing that someone along the line thought the payoff of seeing that toy work should
    come quicker.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

I enabled mine and like it better. You can earn more points...and the keep shooting light stays on as you drain balls till cave troll is beaten and than fellowship mb begins...

I keep mine on too. I guess the Balrog intro is a bit less 'forward' after the growling of all the troll jackpots. And I find it's surprisingly hard to keep shots flowing on the short timer to defeat the troll.

#9 9 years ago

yeah mine's on, was like that when i got the machine.

i think it's a nice feature, more points to get, add more action to the game... why turn this option off?, if it's there... us it!

#10 9 years ago

Intresting I have not seen this setting on my LOTR. I will have to check it out. THanks for the post

#11 9 years ago

Never knew this existed.

#12 9 years ago

Me either. The machine I have played on obviously has it disabled. One more reason to want to own it.

#13 9 years ago

If I'm not wrong, it can be enabled by installing the "Director's Cut" setting in the menu. It also has a few other adjustments in there as well. I think Palantir doesn't get all flipped out unless you destroy the ring, for instance.

As for why it's not enabled on more locations, I think the simple answer is it's off by default

And an echo to the above thanks to Keith, what a great game you all put together for us.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside