• Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6462 (resized).JPG
IMG_6461 (resized).JPG

#1 4 years ago

I have had several of both of the Pinball 2000 titles, always worried about the monitor or the hassle of changing out a monitor. well last night I did it and it took a whole 30 minutes. Very easy only 3 products nessasary.

http://lockwhenlit.com/CGA.htm vga convertor

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/ mounting bracket

I bought a $88 Led computer monitor 21" wide screen at WALMART.

#2 4 years ago

Very good to know. Thanks for the info.
I assume RFM will be up and ready today?

#3 4 years ago

I am glad it is an option for those that no longer have working monitors, but every single LCD I have seen in a RFM just doesn't have the same black levels or colors that the original CRT does IMO.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

I am glad it is an option for those that no longer have working monitors, but every single LCD I have seen in a RFM just doesn't have the same black levels or colors that the original CRT does IMO.

Has anyone tried an LED monitor?

1 week later
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from pumpkinlad:

I used an IPS dell ultrasharp 20 inches 4:3, plus a scanline generator, did fine tune on cga-vga converter and monitor the blacks+contrast+saturation levels and I can assure the result was amazing and the closest thing to crt. I was very skeptical but black was amazing, also because the glass helps a lot darkening in the right way the image. The crt blacks are the real ones but I can say I had very very good results. My crt did arch with sparks and smoke, now my rfm boots up in seconds and I have not to wait the crt warms up.
I can imagine a Led monitor is even better, the advantage of this IPS dell monitor is that it fits exactly with no need for brackets. It's exactly the size of the wooden crt hole, you just use some black tape to mask the edges.

Thanks again to all the infos I had on pinside about Lcd on Rfm. If you zoom in you can see scanlines, these are more clear when seen live, and they render far better the images resolution.
The pics are just taken with my phone from my rfm with lcd and I can assure the blacks are really deep like in the pics.

IMG_6461 (resized).JPG

IMG_6462 (resized).JPG

3 years later
#6 1 year ago

hello I bought a converter, and I'm getting no signal on my new monitor. what can I do ? the red LED is burning on the converter

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!