WP_20150228_010_(resized).jpg
TWD_champ_1.53.jpg
LMS_1.53.jpg
20151129_191306.jpg
image.png
4073121.gif
B9707wjIUAAko0S.jpg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 8 years ago

TWD has a palpable strong atmosphere that in a home environment with the lights off and especially while by yourself tends to actually affect me in a stressfully "good" way. When you get the pin rocking it's a beautiful harsh cacophony of lighting and sound that works together and against you as your heart rate and adrenaline level begin to rise and sometimes just feels like overload to your senses. Whether your bit or feel you succeeded on a good game it seems to work on a whole different level. I've played Met and AC/DC and they don't have that affect on me. They are outstandingly great coded pins that are fun but to me they're still music pins. Admittedly I'm just not at all fond of music pins.

I find the theme material of TWD so much more captivating. When things feel too tight and frantic during multiball I like to dump balls into the pops and ramps to feign a modicum of control. It just feels like your pushing back for a few seconds of relief before the pressure returns and I think it fits the theme material so well.

It's pretty cool how balanced TWD turned out with both flow and (best way I can say it) claustrophobic tight battle simulation - <this especially if your not cradling during multiball. It depends so much on how you choose to play as to which you experience the most of. I think the playfield design is special and genius.

"...Mr. Borg HAS been quoted on record as saying this is his best design ever..."
http://creditdotpinball.com/tag/john-borg/

For me: TWD for the win!
407312[1].gif407312[1].gif

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from RonB:

Well-said! All I can add to that is having a shaker, under-cab lighting and powered sub on the floor greatly enhance the feeling of playing it (and watching). My dad was watching me play one day and all he said was "My God!", as the floor and machine rumbled like a thunderstorm moving in.

LOL and Agreed. I've had the exact same experience with my dad and other family members over. They think they've seen pinball before. Quite an eye opening and sensory shock to them!

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol your posts keep getting more & more ridiculous.

Ice obviously recognizes the "magic" of TWD and is sharing his experiences with a favorite pin. Hard to argue with the weight of his ire as he is one of very few that has reached the first half of LMS. Safe to say his opinion duly carries minimumly the tenants of credibility due to the stolid nature of his perseverance and achievement.

What I can draw from his experience is TWD lasts as an entertaining pin in a players home collection where despite unlimited access to the game it yet proves a robust platform that works in said enviornment with solid replay value.

I recognize it from other's testaments as well, as I continue noticing others with collections stating along the lines of ..."it's all I ever play anymore."

TWD really does have something working for it as a whole. I call it "magic" as I don't have a better term for it. That Lyman fellow perhaps hasn't yet reached the peak of his craft as his work seems to keep improving. Maybe it's just that he has a TWDLE he ownes himself?

But my hope is he someday will make TWD look pedestrian with programming of future pins. It could only be good for us all.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And every new game that comes out is Gary's favorite. It means nothing.

Except one guy is marketing his overall business and the other guy is talking about his own personal design.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

No offense but I can't find any interview with Borg saying that...If someone has the link please post it.

Persue it with the quoted source if it's important to you.
http://creditdotpinball.com/tag/john-borg/

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

That's a blog...far from a credible source.

Never said it was THE source. Just the QUOTED source.

So you don't want to at least contact the quoted source for a reference as to why it was stated as fact?

Seems like the logical place to start if it's worth pursuing at all. The guy does list an email address and two other ways he can be contacted.

Here is a creditdot thread he has here on pinside:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/credit-dot-pinball-the-update-thread

His pinside name is spiroagnew and he last posted 2 days ago. With some hard work I bet you can take it from here.

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I thought you were done with the FLO HO Era
Besides the BG ramp on the LE/premium, there really isnt much klunk at all on this table for a borg design. ...Like ive said before, the BG ramp is my only knock on the LE/Premium table. Maybe i need to get the BG lighting ramp mod, i heard that improves it better, but still i prefer the flow of the ramp on the pro to it. But everything else on this table is top notch fun!

I recall fixing that bicycle girl ramp with a plastic wedge cut with tin snips a year ago when I was trouble shooting the ramp issue. Have not thought about it since. Buttery smooth. Try it... you'll like it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-left-ramp-air-balls-solved-in-1-minute-fix

If your concern is with the transition of the ball at the bottom start of the ramp, Stern has a fix for that. Before the fix was offered by stern I fixed mine in a more adventurous way that helped smooth things out to perfection:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twdlebg-girl-ramp-damaging-playfield#post-2089994

Also, once you get a bicycle girl lighting mod you'll wonder why it wasn't made with one. It's an interactive mod that really adds to the experience while playing. Best mod on my game.

Good Luck.

1 week later
#194 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

AC/DC rewrote the book on risk/reward. Met was saved with the injection of the CIU risk/reward. It would be no surprise to me that TWD is the final, great third act of the story that is the resurgence of modern pinball as brought to you by LFS Jr. If TWD takes everything that makes AC/DC and Met as good as they are and uses that experience to reach a new level of intensity (and it should, by the simple fact that it does come AFTER them and should learn from them) then whether or not personal tastes call it "better" unanimously, you should at least be looking at something of a pinnacle in the current cycle.

Well said. I've noticed this same logic brought up in a few other threads about Lyman's genius but I think you've said it best here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

16,500 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yipykya.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-twd-is-better-than-met-or-acdc?tu=yipykya and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.