WP_20150228_010_(resized).jpg
TWD_champ_1.53.jpg
LMS_1.53.jpg
20151129_191306.jpg
image.png
4073121.gif
B9707wjIUAAko0S.jpg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The uniqueness of TWD layout is part of what made it great for me from day one. Lyman turned the potential into greatness.
When I want to take a breather I'll play my relatively easy Ac/dc typical fan layout. I really like it but no comparison to TWD imho.

Anytime you wanna post a video making it to Encore I'm sure we would all love to see the "easy" journey there.

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you "flail away" on TWD you won't be playing it for long, as in short ball times. You have to be precise with your shots more than any other pin I've ever played. My Ac/dc is a joke by comparison.
Huge points don't come from either WW or Prison MB, it comes from stacking with BB and a mode and when you get there, if you just "flail away", you'll be done quickly.

Lol your posts keep getting more & more ridiculous. Flail around on ACDC & lets see how long your ball times are.

#162 8 years ago

Don't forget there is still more to come from ACDC.

#167 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Don't forget there is still more to come from Metallica.

I'm in the process of picking up a Road Case Premium. Its a good game but to me it will always be a few pegs below ACDC. No game out there gives you the risk reward potential on each ball that ACDC does.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is there really more code coming from met and acdc?

ACDC yes....Not sue about Metallica outside cleaning up some on the End of Line Wizard mode.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I totally agree with that. And I get why some people truly love that. But for me, while I dig risk reward, it's not the be all end all of pinball for me. It's just one facet of the experience. And Metallica has, for me, a better overall experience.
And if you like risk reward IMHO nothing in AC/DC tops the fun of Crank It Up. Building up a jackpot and getting double scoring going before cashing in is AC/DC like, but the mood and atmosphere and fun of the shots is just better to me.
Don't get me wrong, I have an ACDC Premium too, and when I get some free time I want to work on a mod for it. Great pin. But not my favorite.

Crank it ups are the thing that saved Metallica cause outside of S&D (which you don't want to cash in if you are going for multiple CIU's). The rest of the game is quite boring and wood choppy as its sole purpose is really to get yourself back to the next CIU mode.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Also not everybody is as good a player as you...what the hell was your high score on MET?

Im not a highly ranked played. Ive put up 850mil on my old LE but thats probably the best I've ever done. And after that game I had no desire to press start right away.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The ColorDMD is a huge bonus for Metallica. I have no doubt that AC/DC and TWD will get the CDMD treatment eventually, but right now MET has the best CDMD in existence, except for maybe TSPP.

lol Yeah we can only hope ACDC gets a color DMD treatment someday soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-twd-is-better-than-met-or-acdc?tu=smassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.