WP_20150228_010_(resized).jpg
TWD_champ_1.53.jpg
LMS_1.53.jpg
20151129_191306.jpg
image.png
4073121.gif
B9707wjIUAAko0S.jpg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 8 years ago

The code updates are definitely helping TWD become more popular.

Quick question. Does Prison MB and Well Walker MB have shot progression or is it just "hit the prison 10x" and "hit the well walker 10x" based modes?

#188 8 years ago

I think all 3 are great games but that TWD and MET have the most interesting rules. I owned ACDC for a few years and after a while I found the ruleset boring. There isn't a single mode on the game where you have to hit shots in sequence to complete a mode unlike the other two games. All of the modes on ACDC surround hitting the same shot over and over again. Sure there's crazy scoring rules behind each song but its not something a majority of players think of or notice while playing.

MET has similar modes as well but the CIU modes offer shot progression and the Sparky toy is simply more fun and interactive then the bell in ACDC in my opinion. I prefer shot progression based games so that's a big reason why I sold ACDC. Still a great game and has some awesome music in in. ACDC could be even better had code updates been released to expand rules of the mini playfield, implement cannon modes and actually make the devil horn inserts do something. The game was supposed to have more code updates from what I remember reading but in classic Stern fashion management likely moved Lyman on to other projects...

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from wishiwas:

I just wish Walking Dead had the original voices from the show.
I know the license issue is not Sterns fault, but I think it would have made that pin so much better.
Plus as new tv seasons come out, Stern could have updated the voices with new call outs.

Agree. That's one of the games biggest issues. Had the game had the original voices / character assets (on playfield / in code) and the premium / LE a more interactive toy in the prison toy I think the game would easily be in the top 20. As far as theme integration goes MET win's easily. It's the only game out of the 3 to feature custom call outs by the individuals tied to the theme. ACDC is next as Steve Ritchie added a nice touch doing the call-outs, it's still a bummer that the actual band members were not involved. Then there's TWD with the random southern accent guy...yeah, enough said. Thankfully owners can replace the audio.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-twd-is-better-than-met-or-acdc?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.