WP_20150228_010_(resized).jpg
TWD_champ_1.53.jpg
LMS_1.53.jpg
20151129_191306.jpg
image.png
4073121.gif
B9707wjIUAAko0S.jpg
image.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#183 8 years ago

Metallica pre was the my first nib pin(ca 2,5 years ago). I got AC/DC a couple of months later. On paper Metallica is the clear winner.

It has everything. Better music than ac/dc, better layout, much better art, the coolest mini wizard modes in the history of pinball, etc.

Strangely enough, I got really tired of Metallica after ca 1 year and sold it, while ac/dc is still here and still feels fresh.

This has surprised me. Maybe it is because of all the troubles I had with my Metallica. The repairs were endless (this continued with the next owner and he sold it after 6 months)

Maybe part of it is also that I waited months and months before crank it up was coded in (let's face it, the game was not that great before that) and the code was mostly all there on ac/dc when I bought it.
Another problem for me with Metallica was that I found myself almost never shooting for the ramps if I did not need to and that is no fun, is it? Just imagine ac/dc with no fun ramps

Still a great game. I have the deepest respect for those who think Metallica is the best Stern game. Killer layout, killer rules.
I might pick up a pro down the line, sometime in the future (would surely miss the lights and spinners of the premium, though. The rest of the pre features I can live without.) I have a feeling that I just need some time away from it to appreciate it more

Really looking forward to getting TWD premium(along with GOT Pro) in a couple of days to see how it fares, compered to Metallica and ac/dc.
I had no interest in TWD at all for many months but as usual, like those other 2 games, Lyman just needed some extra time to make it shine.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from frg:

One more comment - I like those metal ramps, but if I go for EoL, I will totally ignore them. You work on the toys to set a MB up and then "nearly" any shot will give progression to the CIU, if the MB plays well. Actually you can take the ramps out of the game and it doesn't change very much... Only if you want to go for the combo EB, they are use ful. The right ramp/fuel combo can also give some nice points... still for me... MET is a B title.

I read this right after my own post Couldn't agree more regarding the ramps on Metallica

PS! Let me know if you ever get tired of that Frontier you have in your great collection

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider karl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-twd-is-better-than-met-or-acdc?tu=karl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.