Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

962483-1450698901-gumby-115 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    3AB47044-1985-442F-A64E-FDF55D3D5CDB (resized).png
    p186152_b_v8_aq (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    F6B1FF7E-0855-4804-8534-9874F6D171D5 (resized).png
    lead_large (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    54156541-C73B-4104-A13D-C613A1BB9A8E.gif
    8BCEDE76-9475-4877-841E-E084B8A56667 (resized).jpeg
    C2BB4800-AC88-4FD2-B7CD-8FB381323D8D (resized).jpeg
    29597862_841368752716403_4405956089667391720_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_4775 (resized).png
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    07fad13ceb00d0271a4eeb7d1bc07f1b.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hypercoaster:

If you are narrowing the Toy Story license to the movies, you are probably doing it wrong. I would ask how many people here have been in the queue for Toy Story Mania at Disney Studios? Toy Story is a vast playground to bring classic toys and board game pieces to life, and the line for that ride proves it. My mom could care less about Toy Story movies, but she absolutely fell in love with the line and that ride because of its use of classic toys. Toy Story offers lots of opportunity for creativity, we shall see if Jersey Jack can handle it, or reduce it down to Toy Story 1/2/3/4 multiball with a 22 character selection system. That would be a disappointment.

And all those classic toys represent othe r license holders that need to be brought into the arrangement. Which is why you'll likely see generic versions, very limited examples or them just not included at all.

#167 5 years ago
    Quoted from BigT:

You want to talk about a theme that is unattainable “ Song of th South”. The movie has never been released for home viewing; it has been over 30 years since it was re-released in theaters. I am surprised that splash mountain hasn’t been re-themed.
    On a separate note, we were just at Disneyland on Saturday and rode POTC. My wife did not like that they took the auction of women out of the ride.

Sots was released on home formats... just not in the US and has effectively been buried by Disney since 2001.

Disney is very PC these days... retroconning many attractions

4 years later
    #228 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I got barbecued for this thread three years ago and it seems the majority of what I had initially said here is playing out before our eyes. I hadn’t expected the wild cards of 2022 pinball price escalation drama or a major step backward from innovation and technology like we saw in GNR but I have to say this thread actually aged pretty well all things considered!

I would not agree. The thing holding TS4 back is price. All the things you said about kids forgot it, etc hasn’t played out. People are still buying the game with a family approach- and jjp built to that deno.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-toy-story-is-a-bad-license?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.