Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 103 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

962483-1450698901-gumby-115 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    3AB47044-1985-442F-A64E-FDF55D3D5CDB (resized).png
    p186152_b_v8_aq (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    F6B1FF7E-0855-4804-8534-9874F6D171D5 (resized).png
    lead_large (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    54156541-C73B-4104-A13D-C613A1BB9A8E.gif
    8BCEDE76-9475-4877-841E-E084B8A56667 (resized).jpeg
    C2BB4800-AC88-4FD2-B7CD-8FB381323D8D (resized).jpeg
    29597862_841368752716403_4405956089667391720_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_4775 (resized).png
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    07fad13ceb00d0271a4eeb7d1bc07f1b.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#125 5 years ago

Wonka has nostalgia for older pinheads that have the cash to pay for an expensive jjp machine. Who doesn't love Gene Wilder???

Toy story is meh, and will draw a few kids and younger adults on location. Less sales to the pin market in my opinion. I would never buy it, and I don't consider myself too picky about theme. Adult themes or at least age-neutral themes are a must though. Agree with Ben about licensing limitations and hassles.

At least it's not a "previously Stern" theme like Pirates, and I'm happy that jjp continues to make machines. Hell of a company.

#181 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

I've played DI alot and enjoy the game but the theme sucks zero interest in owning any of the others I was an early buyer of TH but once I played it i backed out. WOZ is for me the worst theme in pinball and I don't care for the gameplay personally. I just had some good time on POTC and found it boring, no desire to play it again. Anything else? If someone is going to claim that JJP is the best in the biz with zero faults besides cost then I will respond in kind.

They are not flawless, but they are a hell of a lot better than any other company in the business. Leagues ahead of Stern. Oh, and dialed in's theme has improved with code. My big complaint is the shit choices in licenses.

1 week later
    #220 5 years ago
    Quoted from konghusker:

there is NO reason it won't let us down.

#223 5 years ago

Wouldn't hold your breath. My guess is hardly any assets except clips and rights to reproduce art. Maybe Hanks' brother callouts. I have no idea why they don't find licences where they can attain better integration. For example, Gene did most of the callouts on Kiss, and Paul did some too. Whether you like the pin/band or not, it's super cool to hear their custom call-outs on the machine. I just don't get it. They could send out hundreds of inquiries and pick the ones that would A) sell and B) have active involvement from the licence owners. *sigh*

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-toy-story-is-a-bad-license?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.