Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bronco-jon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Surly somebody has had this same problem and has figured it out. at game start up and throughout game play, it will score 500 points every time I hit the right flipper button and sometimes when I hit the left flipper button. (1979 Williams Sys 6)

#2 3 years ago

Does the switch test give you any helpful clues?

If you figure out what thing(s) on the playfield gives 500 points you can look it up on the switch matrix and maybe track it down that way.

#3 3 years ago

The flipper coils may be vibrating the playfield just enough to activate a switch somewhere.

Try a switch test and shake they playfield a little bit to see if you get a switch to activate.

#4 3 years ago

Aww, I see what you mean now....maybe if I hit the top or side of the cabinet instead of button and it scores, prolly close switch points on something, I didn't think of that, I'll try that and switch test tomorrow. thanks

#5 3 years ago

That was the problem! A stand up switch behind a rubber ring was not gapped enough.

Thanks guys!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 289.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside