(Topic ID: 296106)

Why the heck do ignored poster's responses show up in post history?

By Frax

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Like....this is just stupid. If I block someone that's being an asshat, then their responses and taunts still show up in my post history, which I use frequently to go back and catch up on threads, it defeats the entire purpose of having the option to block them. Is that something that can be fixed, or conversely, I need you guys to ban someone...

This is still the case after un-visiting and draining the thread as well, so I don't see any other recourse. I already reported the guy. /shrug

#2 2 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Like....this is just stupid. If I block someone that's being an asshat, then their responses and taunts still show up in my post history, which I use frequently to go back and catch up on threads, it defeats the entire purpose of having the option to block them. Is that something that can be fixed, or conversely, I need you guys to ban someone...
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8555a0acbf8b49fd944936489897cb9b374b248f-1625242820-1800"};
    //]]>

This is still the case after un-visiting and draining the thread as well, so I don't see any other recourse. I already reported the guy. /shrug

Tell me about it! I ignored that Frax guy YEARS ago and his damn posts still show up

What do you mean it shows up on your post history? I haven’t ran into that issue

#3 2 years ago

I havent had this problem? You can also remove the ability to see "ignored users post" and not get any notification -- perhaps try toggling that option and checking again?

#4 2 years ago

Yeah it's annoying when a new topic shows a green icon indicating new posts, but you check the topic and see nothing new.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Yeah it annoying when a new topic shows a green icon indicating new posts, but you check the topic and see nothing new.

You could see ignored posts by logging out of Pinside, if you are curious to see them, they are there now, unfiltered.

#6 2 years ago

It's not because I'm logged out. When I click on the blue Posts/Post Activity tab at the top, it loads to "posts quoting or mentioning you", in which a post from a user that I'd blocked shows up. It is blanked out correctly in the thread itself, but NOT in the place I'm talking about.

I can PM a mod or Robin a screenshot of what I'm talking about.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Tell me about it! I ignored that Frax guy YEARS ago and his damn posts still show up

LMAO....how long have I been telling people that have an issue with me to block me? Now I know that I can just get all up in their business anyways by quoting them and posting what I want to say. Frankly, the block feature really should both block the other users' post as well as preventing them from seeing your posts, if you ask me, but that is probably a LOT of overhead for the server.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

I havent had this problem? You can also remove the ability to see "ignored users post" and not get any notification -- perhaps try toggling that option and checking again?

Can you describe where you're talking about, exactly? I don't see this in the settings.

*edit*

Found

Posts from ignored users
    Show "post from ignored user" placeholder text (default)
    Hide ignored user posts completely

Options in the Forum Settings options...put it on hide ignore user posts completely, didn't matter for the case I'm talking about.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-the-heck-do-ignored-poster-s-responses-show-up-in-post-history and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.