Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by swanng
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5A89C831-07B2-40F2-893C-017C1B948EDD (resized).jpeg
    fuckingkillme (resized).jpeg
    834385E7-1ED2-4A99-B293-CFA2821F3529 (resized).jpeg
    09724ABC-39E0-48C7-937E-3343CC010D2C (resized).jpeg
    8FD48A1A-4209-4BC8-9FB7-B60F7FF2FB40 (resized).jpeg
    0A08D52B-FC76-4FB0-AA5B-D07CFD7650BC (resized).jpeg
    981B45AF-EA88-40B4-9A95-74771F01FB53 (resized).png
    goml (resized).JPG
    IMG_20210309_082440176 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210309-125601_DuckDuckGo (resized).jpg
    blood.gif
    IMG_20210309_231539 (resized).jpg
    FF1C1E00-87BA-466F-9327-AAC8F6F3B84D (resized).jpeg
    652E747A-73D6-4176-B1A8-1FA3C7720CBF (resized).jpeg
    7E21181B-0EEC-4AE6-8247-7C504E66464E (resized).jpeg
    HZYC.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I didn't read your post as it looked long and boring but I read the subject line:
    1. The poorer / more frugal types like to announce themselves with "I am brand new to this hobby and and the only games I'm interested in owning is a mint condition MB, MM, or TZ, or a brand new GNR. WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE? Is this a hobby for rich people?"
    2. They post the same dumb threads over and over, seriously thinking they are the only geniuses to ever wonder which games are overrated or underrated or what theme we'd like to see or why the Pinside 100 isn't to their liking, or to ponder whether or not we are in a bubble and, in fact, if it will burst.
    3. They crowd up an already crowded hobby driving up prices and further sucking up all the games.
    4. I'm now middle aged and I hate everybody.
    5. They type way too goddamn much and think we seriously want to read their 2,000 word essays that boil down to "pinball machines are expensive" or "why won't someone sell me a MM cheap?" We really don't care about the minute details of your life or the complex intellectual process behind your conclusion that "games shouldn't dimple" or "you see, pinball is kinda like cars..."
    6. THey tend to be the worst fanboys. You rarely see a 15 year vet camping out in a Stern thread whining about how much better a JJP game is or vice versa. It's always people who have been around 3 years and think we give a shit about their unfettered todyism and banal cheerleading.
    7. It'll come to me and I'll add it in here. Edit - yeah, the fucking cargument. Why are human beings universally unable to compare anything to anything else that isn't a car?
    8. They like to rage vent with some 2,000 word post about an ebay or craigslist deal gone sour, as if it hasnt happened to all of us a dozen times, or as if any of us give a shit about the boring details or as if the person who wronged them will actually come here to read it.
    9. Like most people, they almost always think they are funny, and like most people, they aren't.
    10. Constant demands for code updates and an almost universal lack of understanding of how business works, exemplified by demands that "Stern should cut their prices $1,000!" or "Why can't pinball machines cost less, but have way more stuff in them, also they should be way more complicated, but also be way more reliable!" You know, insane shit like that which is either impossible or would put any pinball company under in about a month.

tl/dr.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i only hate it when newbs put colored LED's in their GI sockets. They don't know any better, and see other newbs doing it, thinking it is the way. Until you figure out you can't see the ball anymore. but then the damage is done and most are too lazy to change it to white after doing all the work to make it colorshitfest in the first place.

I agree with his like 99% except that part about 'not seeing the ball'. That's old man eyes, not led stuff. Sadly...I'm getting there too.

#132 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Take it up with OP - who may or may not be a troll as we've never heard from him before or since.
    He posed a question, and I answered it, managing to get some laughs in the process, it's pretty much as simple as that. You are the one turning it into an afterschool special. The idea that this thread is going to scare people away from the hobby seems delusional.

It's all your fault the newbs leave Levi. Congrats, you are officially a curmudgeon. Here's your obligatory "Get off my lawn" sticker.
    goml (resized).JPGgoml (resized).JPG

/s

#139 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd like to see the average age of people that add Pukstadiums to new Sterns; I doubt it's the older folks.

Well my point was LED's in themselves (colored) do not prevent you from seeing the ball. This has been proven with CGC games that have been converted and look gorgeous. Most people just suck at choosing colors. I too prefer the old looks for older games and led's in newer games, but I also am not a fan of pinstadiums.

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Serious question: How many pins do I need to overpay for before I’m not a noob?

Trick question. Non noobs don't overpay!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-the-hate-for-newbies?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.