Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 118 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by grantopia
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“why the hate for flippers?”

• YES I HATE FLIPPERS, I HOPE THEY BURN N HELL 89 votes
      55%
    • NO, PEOPLE HAVE TO MAKE MONEY 20 votes
      12%
    • I dont care cause i just love pinball 54 votes
      33%

(163 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200825_132454 (resized).jpg
    20200904_125250 (resized).jpg
    row4 (resized).jpg
    row3 (resized).jpg
    row2 (resized).jpg
    row1 (resized).jpg
    5f668aeaea8e7186888873.gif
    C2E54178-FEA5-472E-B614-06E052B76DCE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 3 years ago

Over the last 24 years of being in the hobby I've bought 665 pinball machines. They have come from every form of life in every kind of condition imaginable. Through all those purchases I've meet some really great people and have stayed friends with many of them over the years. Of those 665 games I've manage to purchase and keep around 75 games set up and running at all times here in the basement for hundreds (if not thousands) of people from all over the world to enjoy. Those 590 games that I've sold off have paid for all the games I've kept as well as keeping the basement decorated with what I enjoy being surrounded with and hopefully others think some of the other non pinball stuff is cool too. Am I getting rich "flipping" games? Certainly not, but I'm proud of the collection and especially happy when others can come enjoy it not only during the annual party but anytime they want through out the years, all they had to do was invite themselves over and the door was always open. Sure I made a few bucks and lost a few bucks too, but when I look back at all those games that many of which would have never seen the light of day and would have stayed stuck in a smelly basement, wet garage, or even left outdoors....I found them, I payed for them, I hauled them home, I cleaned them, I fixed them, I took pictures of them, I advertised them, I dealt with the deadbeat picture collectors, I found a buyer for them, and I helped to load it up and send them on there way, ...... and they had new life breathed into them for others to enjoy for years to come. Does all that make me a flipper? Sure, whatever. Call it what you want but I think I've put in enough time, money, resources, and effort to justify it paying for my keeper collection for all to enjoy!!

John

row1 (resized).jpgrow1 (resized).jpgrow2 (resized).jpgrow2 (resized).jpgrow3 (resized).jpgrow3 (resized).jpgrow4 (resized).jpgrow4 (resized).jpg

#56 3 years ago

So that brings up the question of how long would you have to keep a game in your "collection" so that it's not considered "flipped" when you go to sell it?

John

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dayhuff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-the-hate-for-flippers?tu=dayhuff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.