8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 82 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by SealClubber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FaceSlap.jpg
    troll.jpg
    images-2.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    guess_who_just_farted_.jpg
    7.jpg
    win.jpg
    John_Edward_awarded_on_South_Park.jpg
    SHITIS.jpg
    real_scorer.jpg
    Wiz.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

Now, Before I start this, I want to emphasize that everyone here, and even anyone who has a passion for pinball, or even not, but likes to play., I am not here to bash anyone for their skill level in pinball.

But , the fact remains, that when you can play a game for 1-3 hours at a time, I mean really dominate a game, stop and go is a welcome. I have played 100's of games. I consider myself a savant if you will, of pinball games. I have lost job's due to games running into hours, not minutes. I have left tables with 5+ credits, I have asked a few people to hold my ball in the clutch poisition , until I can go to the bathroom, until I come back, to finish my games. I have ended games due to so much dominence, that physically, I could not continue....

Now, I know that many here are passionate, and financially positioned to obtain games at will. I was never in that position, I was/am a player, But I know Pinball games. I feel pinball games.
    That is why IJ and TZ, and a host of other games that have a little stop and go, I played MM back in the day, great stop and go, almost every game has stop and go, and that is why I started this, very few do not. In fact now that im writing this, Junk Yard, Monopoly, Simpsons party, etc.... In fact someone tell me who doesnt have stop and go..? I can only think back in the 1970's, to be real.

And believe me, I could go with a free flowing game, but after an hour, would be exhausted. But What I see, is a casual gamer who doesn't like stop and go, why? Because they are not true skilled player, but someone who wants action for a short time, which is OK, but don't hate on the player/ machines (90%) that have it., I am not bashing the medicore player, but all that I have come across, want action, pure flow for the 5 minutes of action.

I once went to a freinds house to play Taxi, he played his first ball for 3 minutes, I played mine for 20, then he went 5 minutes, I went 30, in the end, I destroyed his high score, he was devistated, but it is what it is.,.....

If (most players) were to make it into the 1 hour mark, stop and go would be a relief..I'm just trying to say that skill level has alot to say about stop and go, would like to hear your response...

#2 8 years ago

Nerd !!

#3 8 years ago

And to make the arguement useless, So, if you clutch the ball with your flippers.(rendering a stop in the action) Isn't that stop and go..? And if you don't. I would love to bet your house on a game against me....

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wizman:

But What I see, is a casual gamer who doesn't like stop and go, why? Because they are not true skilled player, but someone who wants action for a short time, which is OK, but don't hate on the player/ machines (90%) that have it.,

Ehhh, just because you are skilled it does not make your opinion absolute and others invalid. I for one love flow games like SM. I have played it to no end hour upon hour and never tire of it. As for games like IJ with a stop and go well it's just not my cup of tea at all. I don't think skill has anything to do with it really. I think it has much more to do with the fact that people have their unique likes and dislike. Saying if you have real skill you will like the same games and style I do is a bit of a stretch IMO. But glad to read your post never the less. Keep on flippin!

#5 8 years ago

So dude, your saying you don't clutch your ball to STOP the action..??, correct..? please.. that is stopping the action, that is another name for stop and go...IMO...

#6 8 years ago

LOL, who's on first. Every player is going to clutch from time to time if they know how to play. I guess I am failing to see your point and that is okay. Some games have the game stop the ball more often than others which adds to the stop and go feeling clearly. And there are some that are fast and stress flow that is also clear. From what I could understand of your post was that if players have skill they will enjoy games with more stop and go. Not sure I buy that argument.

When I push play into the hour mark in one game I feel great about it and after I feel exhilarated. And I in no way claim to be a great player I definitely do enjoy the hobby. And I don't want to stop have a hot dog and come back and continue just couldn't do that. I think I'm just was having a hard time locating you main premise of the post.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wizman:

I consider myself a savant if you will, of pinball games.

Hercules!! Hercules!!

#8 8 years ago

Dude, you would be the medicore plyer i was talking about...

#9 8 years ago

That's why I'm saying your skills on developing a valid argument are limited at best...LOL oohh boy seems like we may have another drama queen on our hands here. Your whole argument is that if someone doesn't agree with me their skills are limited. I'm picturing you in a commercial saying I don't always play pinball but when I do I play stop and go... Thanks for the laugh though really. I do enjoy a good laugh and reading your post and comments make me and probably others laugh.

Wiz.jpg

#10 8 years ago

A+++ for THE DUDE.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

seems like we may have another drama queen on our hands here

Word!

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wizman:

I have lost job's due to games running into hours, not minutes.

I have zero respect for this guy and my NERD comment fits perfectly !

Jim

#13 8 years ago

Seriously though, which tournaments have you won Wizman?

#14 8 years ago

Take your Wiz over to RGP.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wizman:

you win, we loose. does it really matter? it's about having fun first and foremost... this isn't a tournament after all.

#16 8 years ago

Seems you have corralled your sheep., If you were A SCORER , and a true player you would agree with me, but since you not, you take the low road... which is what I wanted to prevent.. nothing against you low scorers.....all is good..

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wizman:

Seems you have corralled your sheep., If you were A SCORER , and a true player you would agree with me, but since you not, you take the low road... which is what I wanted to prevent.. nothing against you low scorers.....all is good..

thanks for sharing

#18 8 years ago

I'm picturing you in a commercial saying I don't always play pinball but when I do I play stop and go...

LOL! nice one.

#20 8 years ago

All I can say is a true SCORER wears these accessories:

real_scorer.jpg

#21 8 years ago

All I can say is a true SCORER wear these accessories:

omg, that was awesome.

#22 8 years ago

but seriously, we shouldn't pick on Forest too much. he's special after all.

#23 8 years ago

A Self Portrait is always nice, thanks for sharing...

#24 8 years ago

I stink and I know it. Any advice for a true player? I am being serious here..

#25 8 years ago

Wizman, are you seriously bragging about your pinball Skillz.....

Any other skillz you got? Nun chuck skills, computer hacking skills, are you pretty good with a bow staff?

Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills....

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wizman:

So dude, your saying you don't clutch your ball to STOP the action..??, correct..? please.. that is stopping the action, that is another name for stop and go...IMO...

You're joking, right?

I would define stop and go as whenever the ball stops on a playfield and you have to wait for it to continue on its journey.

Many games try to keep the game "flowing" by allowing the player to cancel an animation sequence by pressing both flipper buttons.

#27 8 years ago

Ball catches, and how long you hold them, are not what define stop and go... obviously. I like both, I could care less, different games make it all interesting.

#28 8 years ago

I didn't want it to get to this, but obviously there are those here who has ego's. Either you know your good, or not, but don't share your hate, please, I was trying to state a point. You all know your limitations, please don't try to extend your skills, but if you want, lets meet at the next meeting., my name is lyman, see you there..

#29 8 years ago

Lie man?

#31 8 years ago

Ok, your better than me, so what.? Let's just play...

#32 8 years ago

oh gawd, someone needs to widen the doors around here so his head can fit through the door.

"hey, it's just pinball"

#33 8 years ago

Go take a wiz man.

#34 8 years ago

I would destroy the dude abides, no doubt.....on any pinball machine..care to challenge.?

#35 8 years ago

Hey wizman take a chill pill
    not even winter yet and already walking on thin ice

#36 8 years ago

SHITIS.jpg

#37 8 years ago

Lyman Sheets ?,Is that you?,or a guy stirring things up?,You are a world ranked player,Welcome to Pinside,We are a low key modest/humble little forum.
    New ideas or opinions are welcome,everybody be cool.

#38 8 years ago

Wiz,

You maybe right but everyone here would rather hang out with The Dude, man....

#39 8 years ago

Lyman Sheets ??

#40 8 years ago

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#41 8 years ago

sheets is the man. no one beats sheets. i think wizman is yanking our chains. i cant believe sheets would be so arrogant.from interviews i have seen he seems to be a laid back humble dude.

#42 8 years ago

after re-reading his posts he never said he was sheets.he did say his name is lyman.
    there has to be more than 1 lyman in the world that likes pinball.

#43 8 years ago

He's lie man alright.

#44 8 years ago

Smells like somebody webfarted in here...

#45 8 years ago

I would destroy the dude abides, no doubt.....on any pinball machine..care to challenge.?

After that comment from Wizman, he's getting close to this prestigious award:

John_Edward_awarded_on_South_Park.jpg

#46 8 years ago

As most as you are, are a passionate pinballer. we are all the same, just wanted to say a little something different, dont hate, please....

#47 8 years ago

Don't hate because I can set every grand champion on your machine, you should embrass it..

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wizman:

there are those here who has ego's

Look in the mirror Wiz.

Quoted from Wizman:a true player you would agree with me

Case in point. Now leave, and go pat yourself on the back.

#49 8 years ago

Don't hate because I can set every grand champion on your machine, you should embrass it..

somehow I think this may be appropriate here..

win.jpg

#50 8 years ago

guys, after reading the wizdumb of the grand master, I have come to the conclusion that I suck at pinball. as a result of this epiphany, I'm selling all my pins and retiring to go play blocks with my grand daughter.

good night and good luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    € 22.00
    Cabinet - Other
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    The Flipper Room
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 27.99
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside