Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rondogg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

w1200_h678_fmax (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

When I first started my collection, it was tough to get your hands on a pin. They would sell so fast. Now, there seems like there is PLENTY of good pins for sale in the market.
    Seems like a good time to be buying though I wonder if anyone is buying?

#2 6 years ago

No, because lots of pinball for sale at stupid prices. It's like a contradiction. Can't see the buyer's market being too big.

Perhaps it's the new trend to list your entire collection on the market for extreme prices and basically "not for sale", but just incase you get that guy who's willing to shell out $10,000 for a Flash, it's there.

#3 6 years ago

You're both right. The ones that sit and don't sell as quickly are REALLY expensive. Lots of others are selling on here and other avenues (e.g. Facebook) but at reasonable prices

#4 6 years ago

Time of year. This is always a slow time. Always. However, if something is listed for a fair price it sells. I've sold 3 pins here in the last couple of months and one off here. The market is over saturated too a bit. I expect more games to come up for sale after JJP announces #4.

#5 6 years ago

selling to buy DI! at least, that's what i would do.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

Seems like a good time to be buying though I wonder if anyone is buying?

I was buying, and just bought! I'll detail more at league tonight, but when I posted my WTB message on the NE FS thread, I got many replies, many of which were very well-priced pins compared to what I'm seeing out there in the FS world (a 1yr old used game with $400 in mods for more than NIB pricing).

When I tried buying back in the spring, there wasn't much around. But this week, I went to check out an AS, ACDC Pro, SM, and TWD, all very reasonably priced. I think now some people are trying to free up some cash for DI, ACDC VE, TNA, JJP#4 and whatever is coming out at Expo, and as a result people are being more realistic with sell prices.

#7 6 years ago

As a guy who just sold his entire collection in the last month, heres how it went...
    Nice IJTPA mods, clean, leds, new cab decals sold in 4 days for 6500
    Nice TOM mods, LEDS, clean sold in 4 days for 6000
    Original MM same condition an TOM above... holding for pinsider(not sold yet) listed at 9900..accepted offer of 9k.
    HUO IMVE mint, shaker, LED backbox and undercab listed at 5000 dropped price several times, sold 3 weeks later for 4500
    HUO SM similar to IMVE plus topper listed at 5100..several price drops and sold 3 weeks 4500
    HUO MET similar to IMVE listed 5100 sold 3 weeks for 4700
    Sopranos routed but very nice sold in 2 weeks for 3500

The older williams were much easier to sell than the newer sterns.
    My sterns were in exceptional shape and was still a tough sell...I was suprised.

#8 6 years ago

I've been buying just not sterns.I prefer the late 80's early 90's machines.I've got all but 1 at a fair price,not great price for flipping but very fair.I did over pay by about 300 on my WW but he hado more people coming and he agreed to deliver it for free for asking price and I would of had to rent a vehicle to pick it up and spend a few hours to pick it up so it b was worth the 300 to me.

#9 6 years ago

It's your standard "bubble burst" situation that happens around here every now and then. The bubble is bursting and the market is collapsing just like last month, not a big deal.

#10 6 years ago

I think the market is a bit flooded. So many new games are coming out. It will work itself out. I do agree that much of it seems overpriced. I'm interested in only a few of the Dozen or so recent or soon to be released titles. Even then, I have to sell to make space and I'm not feeling like it.

#11 6 years ago

heck even Bugs Bunny's are selling.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's your standard "bubble burst" situation that happens around here every now and then. The bubble is bursting and the market is collapsing just like last month, not a big deal.

As prices keeping cranking up the mistake people might be making is that they think "the road goes on forever and the party never ends".

#13 6 years ago

Welcome to the era of the $3000 Black Rose.

#14 6 years ago

Basically because of the time of year and people are starting to want to move games again. I have two for sale myself.

John

#15 6 years ago

3600 Black Rose and 7500 TOM! Just saw a heavily routed players grade TOM sell for that. WTF!

I'm happy games are coming up for sale again. More people retiring and downsizing.
    People trying to get good price on games they bever saw as an investment.
    Lots of operators having to sell of games because the real estate is worth more than storage space now.

When a market becomes saturated prices will eventually fall.

#16 6 years ago

Must be a market crash..... hurry everyone sell sell sell. Seriously tho ...lots new pins and not enough room . I hate selling but i can only fit so many pins at this point in time .

#17 6 years ago

3k Dr. dude and 4K X-Files are the first signs of the apocalypse. The end times are near.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

Welcome to the era of the $3000 Black Rose.

Lol that was my last purchase and I got a very nice example with diamond plated playfield,black balls,pinblades,extra fuse kit and some other parts for less than that

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

As prices keeping cranking up the mistake people might be making is that they think "the road goes on forever and the party never ends".

Thumbs up for Robert Earl Keen!

#20 6 years ago

I'm definitely seeing more good deals than usual, at least on the high end stuff. All SF Bay Area postings:

NIB WOZ $7000
    GBLE $6500
    AFM $4850
    MMR with color upgrade $7400 (sold)

#21 6 years ago

It's probably just folks trying to clear out their garages before winter so they can fit their cars in.

(But seriously, who puts cars in garages? That's silly )

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm definitely seeing more good deals than usual, at least on the high end stuff. All SF Bay Area postings:
    NIB WOZ $7000
    GBLE $6500
    AFM $4850

Those prices are great - hell, id pay 7k for a WOZ

#23 6 years ago

Most of my pinball cost more than my car and I don't have any of the "expensive" games.my wife makes fun of me for it.

#24 6 years ago

NIB WOZ $7000
    GBLE $6500
    AFM $4850

Yeah, good deals on high end stuff, but all the entry level stuff is kinda nuts.

I got good deals from local pinbros on both MMR and ST Prem.

#25 6 years ago

In Germany we have the same situation. I guess the people here spend (or better invest) thier money into propertys, shares, gold or even pinballs, because you get nothing for your savings. In some cases the people have to pay for leaving the savings on the bank account.

If you need money, you get it really cheap from the bank.

Im sure we are building bubbles.

The result of cheap money are high prices, for propertys and pinballs...

On the other hand, the people who have pinballs for sale trying to get a piece of the cake.

Happy selling!

#26 6 years ago

Get ready for even better prices on the 2nd market as we enter the next year of Stern, JJP & Spooky all putting their best foot forward...

#27 6 years ago

Ebbs and flows - a recurrent or rhythmical pattern of coming and going or decline and regrowth.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Get ready for even better prices on the 2nd market as we enter the next year of Stern, JJP & Spooky all putting their best foot forward...

I think this is quite true, in reference to my post above on selling my own games most of my sterns sat for awhile and most people who contacted me said they wanted to buy my newer sterns, but that they didnt want to pull the trigger until they saw what was coming next. Nobody was lowballing me with silly prices, they just didnt want to buy today in case something cooler came out tomorrow.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's probably just folks trying to clear out their garages before winter so they can fit their cars in.
    (But seriously, who puts cars in garages? That's silly )

Ha thats one reason why I am selling one of my project games. I'm sick of parking outside during the winter!

#30 6 years ago

Tons of people I know selling games to buy a Dialed In, myself included.

Sold my HUO TRON:LE to pay for it. Never thought I'd sell that game, but there's so much good new stuff now!

#31 6 years ago

Need to sell games to get a Houdini, but its mostly space. Had more room id have 40 machines.

#32 6 years ago

I'm selling everything now cause I'm getting out of hobby of owning pinball machines to spend more time with my family. It's been a decision ive been brewing over for awhile. I only get time to play at same time I could be doing stuff with my young kids. Don't want to stop playing pinball though just don't want to own any machines anymore.

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

I'm selling everything now cause I'm getting out of hobby of owning pinball machines to spend more time with my family. It's been a decision ive been brewing over for awhile. I only get time to play at same time I could be doing stuff with my young kids. Don't want to stop playing pinball though just don't want to own any machines anymore.

Makes sense. Your kids will only be young once, and you can rebuy the exact same games in ten or fifteen years when your teenagers want nothing to do with you!

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

you can rebuy the exact same games in ten or fifteen years

For less than half of what you sell them for today

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

For less than half of what you sell them for today

not worth the wait it's only money...we could get hit by a buss at any second...even in your house lol

w1200_h678_fmax (resized).jpgw1200_h678_fmax (resized).jpg

#36 6 years ago

So despite some of the excessive pricing I see, it seems like if you sell reasonable, it will sell quickly.

#37 6 years ago

"Bubble Market" is the world's most over-used and mis-applied expression.

A bubble market is a market where a bunch of speculators and johnnie-come-latelys show up and start buying something SPECIFICALLY TO MAKE A FAST PROFIT.

The tidal wave of new investors (buyers) creates a fake upswing in prices which in turn attracts more investors.

Eventually the thing runs out of steam and there is a crazy sell-off as people try to not ride the prices back down again.

Then you're back down to the pre-bubble prices.

If the wall street journal wrote a story saying, "PINBALL MACHINES ARE A RED HOT COLLECTOR MARKET", then you would see a bubble market for a while as all these rich effers swooped down to get in on the hot market.

On the other hand, if someone made an awesome video on Youtube about Cirqus Voltare and 100 people decided that they love the game and just have to have one and the price goes up by $1000, that's not a bubble market. That's just a normal uptick in collector interest, it happens all the time.

Collector markets are always heating up and slowing down.

Having a bunch of sellers fishing for a sucker with a super-high price is not a bubble, it's just how some people roll.

Pinball machines are a highly collectable item with a long history as collectables and a devoted market of hardcore collectors. There's no big sell-off coming.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

I wonder if anyone is buying?

No, nobody's buying anything because nobody has any money.

It's now strictly "will work for pinball machines" and "will trade beer for pinball machines".

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

Why not do both?

Sunday morning you go to your kid's baseball game, sunday afternoon you fly a kite with your daughter, sunday evening you and the wife pop open a beer and play pinball.

I have an arcade in my basement, sometimes I don't play for months on end, then I'll spend every night for three weeks playing.

The problem with selling off a collector item is that a lot of times you end up buying the same thing again at a much higher price.

#40 6 years ago

I disagree with the OP's statement that a lot of pinballs are for sale.

All lumped together, there are a lot of pinballs for sale.

But people buy a specific game, not just a random pinball.

If you want moderately rare game like a Bally Atlantis, sometimes you might search for months for it.

#41 6 years ago

Agree. There are not many quality games available at good prices... I would love to find a Barracora or a Radical! for sale that isn't two states away.

On the other hand, there are three games I am on the fence about selling and I will probably list them next month at an insane price and hope they do not sell. The next three months are always the best time to sell a pin. It's hard to not get caught up in the selling frenzy. Last year around this time I sold some games for way more $ than I thought I would ever get for them.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Why not do both?
    Sunday morning you go to your kid's baseball game, sunday afternoon you fly a kite with your daughter, sunday evening you and the wife pop open a beer and play pinball.
    I have an arcade in my basement, sometimes I don't play for months on end, then I'll spend every night for three weeks playing.
    The problem with selling off a collector item is that a lot of times you end up buying the same thing again at a much higher price.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. If I had kids I think playing pinball with them would make for excellent family time.

The times my Dad would play a game with me were awesome.

#43 6 years ago

OP your title should say "Why pinball so much for sale"

#44 6 years ago

It's been probably the biggest year for new pinballs as long as I can remember. And big titles to boot. Lots of shuffling going on because of this.

#45 6 years ago

I was kind of thinking the same thing. If I had kids I think playing pinball with them would make for excellent family time.
    The times my Dad would play a game with me were awesome.

Thinking same thing.
    My 11 year old has grown up with the pins all over the house. Like growing up in an arcade. Wish my dad had this at his age. We play togetner and he thinks Fish tales is his at this point. It will be his, he just doesnt know it yet.
    Side note. Selling surfin safari and tricked out hurricane if intetested.

#46 6 years ago

I have a feeling the stock market nearly quadroupling over the last 8 years has had something to do with the resurgence of pinball. Keep an eye on the market for clues...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-much-pinball-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.