• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9235.JPG
download.jpg
FT tomdotcom-350.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 10 years ago

I had one, cleaned it up real nice, and then played it for a few weeks. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough after that. The game bored me to tears as I found the boat ramp far too easy to hit and none of the other shots really felt all that great to me. The music is pretty bad as well, and that never helps a game's case.

2 months later
#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone who hates on FT has unlikely played a good condition one. It is a great game and just plain F U N!

Nah, it's a weak game, even in perfect condition. Terribly unbalanced scoring, really annoying music, and just devoid of satisfying shots (how many times can one combo that dang boat anyway?). For the price you pay for one, there's easily 100 other games that are better in the same or lower price range.

I had mine, got it all polished up and nice, and then quickly realized that it was a poor fit for a long stay in a collection. I think I enjoyed it for all of a week before it wore thin on me. My wife liked it for maybe a couple of days and quickly started to ignore it.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

You're in the minority here.

Give everybody $2,000 and see how many come back with Fish Tales.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, they may have to hunt for a while since the majority of FT go for more than 2k...
Avg price of the 19 that sold on ebay in 2013 was 2,408...

Well, that's just extra silly.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I don't see how the scoring is so unbalanced. Monster fish starts at 20 Mill, boat rocks are all 10 mill, feeding frenzy is 5 mill per fish, is the last one 20 mill? Yes, super jackpot will get you big points, but isn't that the idea of a super jackpot?
I think I've gotten super jackpot maybe 3 times in the 2 years I've owned mine. Maybe I just suck.

After only a couple of weeks I was already abusing the scoring, and there's a good reason you don't see it in tournament play.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will appologize but your game was set up like shit then. (or you are just an amazing player).
My FT has been use in multiple tournaments and I am pretty sure nobody has gotten the super Jackpot during competition and if so it would be a bust out game and well deserved.
When set up properly scoring is VERY balanced in regards to risk vs reward.

There's no reason to go after the Super Jackpot. Just keep control and bang away at the easier, safer shots that don't require nearly as much work.

I don't like the game. I'm not saying that it's totally unenjoyable. I just personally got bored with it extremely fast, and I was hoping it provided a whole lot more bang for the buck. I traded a HS2 for it, and it just felt like a noticeable step down.

The only pinball machines I'll say are totally unenjoyable are South Park and NFL. They're terrible from top to bottom.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

unbalanced and not enjoying it are 2 very different things.
I am cool with you not enjoying it, but it is very simple to make it well balanced from a risk/reward POV.
I enjoy the straight forward and simple ruleset that I find very difficult to master. I also love the theme integration and shot layout. I like the great art and funny callouts.

All good reasons.

Same for me and Bride of Pinbot, I guess. Well, the rules are VERY easy to master on BoP, but I still love it anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 169.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

12,500 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-much-hate-for-fish-tales?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.