Topic Stats

• 109 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MMP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9235.JPG
download.jpg
FT tomdotcom-350.jpg

There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

One of the few games I miss!

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

After only a couple of weeks I was already abusing the scoring, and there's a good reason you don't see it in tournament play.

I will appologize but your game was set up like shit then. (or you are just an amazing player).

My FT has been use in multiple tournaments and I am pretty sure nobody has gotten the super Jackpot during competition and if so it would be a bust out game and well deserved.

When set up properly scoring is VERY balanced in regards to risk vs reward.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will appologize but your game was set up like shit then. (or you are just an amazing player).
My FT has been use in multiple tournaments and I am pretty sure nobody has gotten the super Jackpot during competition and if so it would be a bust out game and well deserved.
When set up properly scoring is VERY balanced in regards to risk vs reward.

There's no reason to go after the Super Jackpot. Just keep control and bang away at the easier, safer shots that don't require nearly as much work.

I don't like the game. I'm not saying that it's totally unenjoyable. I just personally got bored with it extremely fast, and I was hoping it provided a whole lot more bang for the buck. I traded a HS2 for it, and it just felt like a noticeable step down.

The only pinball machines I'll say are totally unenjoyable are South Park and NFL. They're terrible from top to bottom.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

After only a couple of weeks I was already abusing the scoring, and there's a good reason you don't see it in tournament play.

It does rely heavily on the left lane up to the top to score in any mode, but there are nights that I can't hit that shot to save my life. In that sense it is unbalanced.

#105 5 years ago

unbalanced and not enjoying it are 2 very different things.

I am cool with you not enjoying it, but it is very simple to make it well balanced from a risk/reward POV.

I enjoy the straight forward and simple ruleset that I find very difficult to master. I also love the theme integration and shot layout. I like the great art and funny callouts.

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

unbalanced and not enjoying it are 2 very different things.
I am cool with you not enjoying it, but it is very simple to make it well balanced from a risk/reward POV.
I enjoy the straight forward and simple ruleset that I find very difficult to master. I also love the theme integration and shot layout. I like the great art and funny callouts.

All good reasons.

Same for me and Bride of Pinbot, I guess. Well, the rules are VERY easy to master on BoP, but I still love it anyway.

#107 5 years ago

FT is nice because it is one of the few DMDs that are really only "play for score". Most other DMDs have you finishing modes that take you towards score. While FT does have some modes, they really are similar in regards to points earnings. Most modes, if done somewhat decent, usually bring in around 40-80 million.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

I don't see how the scoring is so unbalanced. Monster fish starts at 20 Mill, boat rocks are all 10 mill, feeding frenzy is 5 mill per fish, is the last one 20 mill? Yes, super jackpot will get you big points, but isn't that the idea of a super jackpot?
I think I've gotten super jackpot maybe 3 times in the 2 years I've owned mine. Maybe I just suck.

The boat shots are very low risk, easy to hit and always deliver the ball to the flippers. Telling a tale is a very high risk shot that requires the balls to bounce in areas easy to be fed to the outlanes. The points you can get for Tales or jackpot shots during multi-ball require a lot more work and higher risk. Monster fish starts at 20 million but goes up each time and is a lot easier to hit with very low risk.

#109 5 years ago

Just crushed my 3-ball high score this weekend & had several super jackpots. When I told my family I was selling one of my pins the first thing they said was "not Fish Tales!" It'll be sticking around for a while.

IMG_9235.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 109 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside