(Topic ID: 16499)

Why so many tilt warnings on threads lately?

By pinbill_blocked

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by hawkeye11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #2 11 years ago

Its pretty obvious that members are giving tilt warnings to people who do not share their opinion.

#3 11 years ago

I think they have something to do with a member whom people dislike rejoining pinside under another user name. I read some comments this pinsider wrote about Robin that were not very nice.

#4 11 years ago

I dislike the blocked messages. It hurts the forum.
    Most of the blocked messages I've read are not offensive or irrelevant.
    This feature should be redone in a way the average user can't block messages publicly.

#5 11 years ago

You can set the tilt warnings to 0 and no posts will be blocked from your view.

#6 11 years ago

Abused and misused, I wish I could give the tilt warning a tilt warning...

#7 11 years ago

I mod on a firearms forum that "Had" a similar system..
    Lessons learned: SOME people ARE big enough losers to create multiple accounts only to neg bomb people they dislike & self promote their primary account...

#8 11 years ago

Because there are people out there that have to be a dick for the exact reasons posted above. They dont share the same opinion. Or take the fellow that posted his 2 MM's in his collection. That got tilt warnings too because people are jealous. Im jealous of the guy having two MM's as well but im not about to tilt over it.

And people talk bad about RGP. Seems we have some folks with issues that lurk here too.

#9 11 years ago

I thought tilt warnings were made to hide pics that should be hidden just in case you were at the office or something? Maybe I am wrong though.

#10 11 years ago

No worries it's just the scum that have slowing been migrating over from RGP who feel they have to make a contribution to this site by starting senseless posts or making wise cracks that has nothing pertaining to the thread. Give it a little more time it will only get worse

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Maybe I am wrong though.

No you are correct Coast, that was the original intention. Too bad it gets abused for petty B.S.
    For the record,
    I have never tilted anyone on here and never will. Yes, even Pinball Paradise/BVM/??? gets to roam free on my watch...

#12 11 years ago

Want to legitimize or clean up tilts? Reveal on the tilt warnings who exactly applied the tilt. Then we can see who the pricks are and the forum will quickly self police them. Or they'll be cowards and stop tilting. The only legitimate tilts are NSFW posts as was the original intent by Robin, so those would continue to be used, but by revealing the 'tilters' I bet the amount would be reduced significantly.

#13 11 years ago

Hey Robertmee, I just titled you. lol!!

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from pin-tastic:

No worries it's just the scum that have slowing been migrating over from RGP who feel they have to make a contribution to this site by starting senseless posts or making wise cracks that has nothing pertaining to the thread. Give it a little more time it will only get worse

^This

#15 11 years ago

The site is getting more and more popular. That is good, on the whole, as you get more diversity and more contributers but comes with downsides too . . . more trollers and the additional ideas from the additional diversity cause more arguements. I'm fine with tilt warning being as it is . . . it doesn't seem to be being abused best I can tell (at least not yet . . .).

#16 11 years ago

Seriously, I understand the thought behind the tilt warnings. But I have been on so many different forums over the years that I am used to just skipping over the worthless posts. Still an advantage of Pinside is that we have moderators who can weed out these beep, beep, beepers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-tilt-warnings-on-threads-lately and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.