(Topic ID: 313265)

Why so many JJP GNR's for sale? Is it that bad?

By adamsebas

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 447 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
why so many 3 (resized).JPG
why so many 2 (resized).JPG
why so many (resized).JPG
20220416_152854 (resized).jpg
20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.00.07 AM (resized).png
IMG20220416041220 (resized).jpg
B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
show (resized).jpg
B944A19C-67A8-4A62-A6E7-DC99CFC08A0C.gif
Screenshot_20220411-115822_Messages.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 2 years ago

The issue with the game is the issue with most JJP games, rules design. DI suffers from this as well. GnR is on the lower end for me with regard to rules design, but it's at least a 'decent' rating. I'm not a fan of too many multiballs, especially when they feel like they aren't earned. The DMD era was the best for multiball balance imho.

As for Ultraman, I have that game. It's the first game I only played for a couple days and pretty much stopped. Is it as bad as Thunderturds? WTF? Are you kidding? I've played Thunderturds. UM is actually pretty fun, but the code is still at a level that it shouldn't be shipped. It's a game in early development and should have had at least double what's in it before it was shipped. It'll probably be okay/good when it's done in a year or more.

All that said, believe it or not, Ultraman with it's bare-bones code is more fun to me than GnR. It doesn't have the crippling rules design, and it has really fun modes and surprisingly fun mini-playfields. I can see that it 'may' turn out to be pretty awesome or it 'may' turn out to be pretty average.

#222 2 years ago

It definitely takes a few minutes to get used to my DILE flippers after playing a different machine beforehand. There is a delay in driving them. Once I get used to it, it's fine. Stern is currently making the most responsive flippers. Cheap shit that may as well be out of China, but responsive.

#236 2 years ago

It's all about supply and demand. They are making WAY more gnrs than any other game. They've never had a sellout like they did with this title. It might retain value, but I highly doubt it. Plus they had the audacity to raise the price. The game just isn't a great shooter.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Stern hasn't raise their prices even for people who have deposits down.... oh wait a minute

Stern is equally shitty in this regard if that's what you're after. What's your point?

#260 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I don't give a fuck if you like JJP or not but I don't like the stupid bullshit that goes on in some of these threads.

Then please, for the love of God, stop offering blanket defenses of the company. Many people who don't like gnr like other jjp games. These are not the binary discussions you think they are.

#268 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I will never sell my GNR LE, the game is a masterpiece. Probably the most beautiful and detailed artwork of any pin in my collection. I owned a Data East GNR and it was nothing special, but this game is a home run. Bring on the adult profanity mode, nude girls. Axl middle fingers and all the aggression and crudeness that is GNR, I love it!
I saw the ‘Not in this Lifetime’ reunion tour at AT&T park in SF and it was something I’ll never forget. I never thought the original band would get back together, so that tour and this pin are special to me. Some of the modes like Demo Derby are lame, but I can look past that and maybe the code will improve over time.
Folks flipping this game probably aren’t true GNR fans as I can’t see a hardcore GNR fan ever parting with this pin. I feel the same about Metallica LE and Maiden LE, they are bolted to the floor.
I can understand how this title might not be everyone’s cup of tea, though. Axl’s voice is something many either love or hate. I wouldn’t call the game family friendly either, but we don’t have kids yet. Just love this pin and you’ll never see mine for sale

If my top band of all time had a pin that didn't shoot well, I wouldn't hesitate to dump it. Gameplay and fun factor are most important to me. I'd rather have a blank game with no paint that had Shadow's layout and random 80s sounds.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

No one is trying to talk you into buying GnR.Why do you feel compelled to talk folks out of buying one?

Yeah, "to each their own" is definitely a strong-arm tactic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

11,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dracut, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bensenville, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 11,000.00
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-jjp-gnr-s-for-sale-is-it-that-bad?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.