(Topic ID: 313265)

Why so many JJP GNR's for sale? Is it that bad?

By adamsebas

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 447 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
why so many 3 (resized).JPG
why so many 2 (resized).JPG
why so many (resized).JPG
20220416_152854 (resized).jpg
20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.00.07 AM (resized).png
IMG20220416041220 (resized).jpg
B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
show (resized).jpg
B944A19C-67A8-4A62-A6E7-DC99CFC08A0C.gif
Screenshot_20220411-115822_Messages.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago

It is really a beautiful machine, cool upper pf with great assets and state of the art technology. It is mesmerizing.

After time, I found the machine was impressive in every way except for playing.

Quoted from daveyvandy:

It's the kind of game you either love or hate, nothing really in between.

"I played in a death-metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were just OK."

- Mitch Hedberg

#101 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes bitch I must be getting old!
But it is true that we can count on the same people to seek out and shit on JJP everytime they can.

I've owned every JJP game (except Wonka) so you can also count on some JJP owners to chime in.

GnR is by far their best looking game, but even I had to admit it was becoming less fun to play.

It ain't just Stern fanboys or anti jaxxers.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

On a final note I own a GNR LE, it's not leaving my collection, and I'm not going to waste my time arguing about why I enjoy it with the usual JJP Pinside bashers

If you look more closely, there are several posts in this thread from actual JJP buyers.

I think it's a common theme that the game is initially dazzling and enjoyable, but after time, the game play gets repetitive and stale.

Not bashing it, just got tired of it after the beauty wore off.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's also plenty current owners defending it here with reasons you are not providing plus plenty of other owners that are simply not wasting their time.

Here are my reasons:

It felt overly repetitive to go through songs. The mini wizard modes were not challenging to reach, they were low scoring and not very rewarding.

But it was a very beautiful game with a very cool upper pf.

#182 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

10+ mil power chord jackpots
25-100+ applause jackpots
Encores, frenzies, 4-stack multiballs
50+ Mil album completions
Loops, combos, tough to survive outlanes.
And of course, rock n roll!
GNR is an adrenaline junkie chasing type of game. If that’s a snooze fest, then I must be missing something.
The rush is real, despite popular belief.
[quoted image]

You were the reason I held onto the game as long as I did.

I loved your enthusiasm, your fully shared knowledge of the strategy, and all of your positive posts about the game. It kept me going, trying to achieve that level of nirvana.

I understand what is great about the game. I also understand what is not great about it. And the latter eventually prevailed.

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I don't get why someone who loves pinball can't appreciate GNR for the game it is, but instead nit picks it for it's faults

I totally appreciated it for what it was. It was a high tech beauty. No other game compares.

But to call it "nitpicking" when playing it became increasingly less fun isn't accurate.

For people who love pinball, it's the most valid reason why I see so many for sale - it's just not that fun.

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

at least watch the show and listen before you call either of us a shill ha ha!

You both seem like really nice guys but I saw and heard your POTC Elite Topper reveal video. So I'll say it: You guys appeared like total shills.

You were boasting about how impressive it was without even opening the box. You were selling FOMO as much as the topper, telling viewers to pause and submit an order before they're all gone.

It was actually funny.

And neither of you mentioned how choppy and mechanical the waves moved. It was odd not to notice.

#299 2 years ago

The video was an unboxing/revel with the intent to showcase the product. A product we thought was awesome. Thats exactly what we did. We have done this many times with pins and other mods in the past. It wasn't a review.
As we mentioned in the video, we had already seen it in pictures and some videos. So we knew how cool it was and what was in the box. We had just never saw it in person and it was waaaaay more impressive than what I thought it was going to be when we pulled the top off. The waves are a little choppy. Personally that doesn’t bother me. We showed clear video with multiple angles. So there was never any intent to hide anything about the topper. We, just like the topper may not be for everyone. But that doesn’t mean we still won’t try to win you both over and make you regular viewers!!!!!

I was specifically responding to the comment of being shills.

I can accept that your gushing commentary was authentic, however the youtube video also included a disclaimer of compensation.

That added to the perception of shilling the product to increase sales.

If you guys were compensated, the shilling label is fair. If not, please accept my sincere apology for being fooled.

#307 2 years ago

If we don’t like it, don’t believe in it we don’t showcase it. Turned down a few products that we we don’t believe in or that we didn’t care for. Pissed a few people off in doing so. It’s all good though. When you don’t know someone personally it’s hard to understand where they are coming from or what there character truly is vs assumptions. I don’t blame you for this. It’s simply human nature to do so.

If you don't accept compensation, and openly review all products (those you like and believe in, and those you don't) there is no chance of creating the perception of shilling.

A shill is a person who praises or promotes something because they secretly have a personal stake in it (ie compensation.) It's not important if you really like it or not.

If you only praise products you are paid to praise, your intentions can be misconstrued.

You guys seem very decent with good character, and I believe you love the products you showcase. But if you're being compensated, you shouldn't be upset if someone perceives it as shilling.

It also doesn't mean I don't watch your videos from time to time either.

1 week later
#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The same reason there are constant Godzilla sales.

GZ are available for above buyer's cost.

GnR are available for below cost.

I'm guessing the reasons are entirely different.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#322 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Yes. The reason is that GNR is in stock and available for purchase. That itself drives the price of used games lower than NIB. GZ is not readily available, hence the used price is at or higher than NIB. Basic supply and demand

I really think more GnR owners are selling than are GZ owners which is creating the over-supply and pushing prices down.

Plenty of GnR preorders have been waiting for their NIB, while earlier GnR games have changed hands multiple times. I personally know one GnR that is on its 4th owner.

Not sure how I'd feel waiting for delivery on a full price GnR, while so many are changing hands for less money.

That's just not happening with GZ. Fewer owners are selling.

#332 1 year ago

No? That's how you described Ohio when you went to Canton on a business trip.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/837#post-6863923

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from Dwboca:

Former LE owner. I was unsure about the game, but always jammed out to GNR. The lights and sounds draw you in, but the love affair was short.
The game play is fun but you can't score without doing what seems like impossible feats, and repetitive impossible feats at that.
That initially didn't bother me but one day while listening to the jukebox on random, the video didn't match up.
After a bit of YouTube, dont youtube the concert by they way, that was the clincher. Traded for a Bkosr LE

The lights, video, and music draws you in, while the repetitive trudging through songs wears you out. And it's all the worse if you fall to collect a big song jackpot. Scoring is so unbalanced.

The destination (high score) is the goal, but the journey to get there is like the being in the middle seat on a bumpy flight with crying babies on both sides. Just not worth the trip.

#340 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

That can happen on any game, can’t it?

The problem is how incredibly low scoring the entire game is for all the effort put in to build the uncollected jackpot.

It's all or nothing. Play effort is not commensurate with score.

Not every game is so unbalanced to rely on a single shot at the end of a long session to receive the score you "earned."

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I'm personally totally ok with all the GnR's for sale because....
That enabled me to pick up an LE at a great deal a few days ago and I'm very happy with it. Happy Flippin!

It's like owning a boat. The two happiest days of GnR are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

I too was so happy when I first got the game. It was an incredible experience playing it. Nothing else could compare to the technology.

Just wait. The honeymoon will end hard once you move past its exterior beauty and discover how repetitive it starts to feel.

Obviously some enjoy it, but this is the reason why so many GnR's are for sale allowing you to score a deal.

#365 1 year ago

Quoted from pcprogrammer:Never understood the boat complaint. Owned one for over 10 years and love it. We fish, ski, knee board and tube all summer, it's awesome. My youngest son enjoys fishing, he doesn't ever play pinball but he likes to fish all summer.
Its like owning a car and complaining that you have to do oil changes and basic maintenance?

Yeah I was just using it as a familiar reference.

I don't have anything against boats.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from blacklightprod:

Buying or not buying GNR

This thread isn't about buying or not buying GnR. It's about selling, and why so many keep coming up for sale.

And now it's also about boats.

#404 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Looks like there are 13 GnRs for sale right now, and 20 Godzillas. Who cares? I sold my GZ but still have GnR, just my preference, for now. I may go back to GZ again later and sell GnR. It's all just for fun.

There are NOT 20 legitimate ads for GZ.

There are still several old ads from distributors for GZ. They are not in stock nor available for shipping right now. I've been monitoring GZ for awhile because I'm interested in it.

I've called several distributors about GZ and they all say it won't be available until late 2022 or 2023 if you didn't preorder.

Hopefully increased GZ production will help bring the used price down. Very few GZ owners are selling, other than at scalper prices way above the plummeting price of GnR.

At least with GnR, you can get a deal below original cost, so that's good.

#412 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Owners not selling yet.... it will happen make no mistake. There are a shit load of them out there and that would bother me if I grabbed one now. Im patient and waiting.... couple more elwins down the line and these will readily pop up. Simple fact is every swinging dick in the hobby has one or is getting one so fast forward ahead and GZ is not going to be hard to acquire.

Totally agree.

Easy to be patient with these ridiculous used GZ prices.

#419 1 year ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

We have new in stock G&R Limited editons for $11,000...from the LAST RUN, late 2021...so all playfield issues worked out and the latest mods! Todd from TNT Amusements [email protected]

Thanks Todd, but I was referring to GZ.

I was looking for GZ but it's hard to find right now without paying scalper prices.

I see plenty of GnR's to pick from. My local CL currently has two listed for sale - immediate pickup with no shipping or tax.

1 year later
#446 13 days ago

Quoted from TigerLaw:By year end, GnR’s will be going up in the price when NIB is unobtainable.

Wow, this statement from a year ago couldn't have been more wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11,000.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Islamorada, FL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,060 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-jjp-gnr-s-for-sale-is-it-that-bad?tu=rts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.