(Topic ID: 313265)

Why so many JJP GNR's for sale? Is it that bad?

By adamsebas

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 447 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220507022216 (resized).jpg
s-l300 (resized).jpg
IMG20220412195552 (resized).jpg
why so many 3 (resized).JPG
why so many 2 (resized).JPG
why so many (resized).JPG
20220416_152854 (resized).jpg
20220416_155611 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 10.00.07 AM (resized).png
IMG20220416041220 (resized).jpg
B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
5 (resized).jpg
giphy.gif
show (resized).jpg
B944A19C-67A8-4A62-A6E7-DC99CFC08A0C.gif
Screenshot_20220411-115822_Messages.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wow another troll thread…

This is true it's all the usual suspects coming out to upvote each other!And then you look at their heavy Stern lineup.
My favorite post was the troll that slings limp dicks?

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I owned it and sold it. I found it beautiful to look at but boring. We like to have party's and our casual pinball friends didn't like it or think much of it. Should've kept IMDN in hindsight.

Your right then you collection would've had complete and utter continuity?

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man, JJP's White Knight is slowing down these days.

Yes bitch I must be getting old!
But it is true that we can count on the same people to seek out and shit on JJP everytime they can.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Purely opinion based. I have more sterns because stern makes more games! At least
more than one a year. No bias here just didn't like GnR or Woz and neither did friends and family, so out they go. No need to take a shot at my collection without understanding the situation or what makes me happy. Also have sold a few Stern because i didn't like them.

I bitch about Zeppelin for a couple weeks because I was disappointed how bad it looked.Oh man the fanboys came at me fast and furious.That was the one and only time I went to a Stern thread and made bad comments about a Stern pin.I learned how useless that was and quit it.It seems like some Stern fans seek out JJP threads just to bash or pile on I guess they enjoy it more then I did.Keep on rockin!

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s ok to bitch about ZEPPELIN. The pro is an empty shell. But at least the flippers on it don’t feel like a “swinging limp dick.” Seriously, if JJP would just listen to its potential customers and fix their flippers, the games would play a lot better.

I turn my flipper power up when needed from factory and to me they feel like my Bally Williams collection.I thought Sterns felt
cheap when I first played in the arcade at IU.I had an AC/DC Luci for two years and I was ok with them.Let’s just stop with the dick comparison already the dude who started that must have an issue!

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

TRUTH! Worst scoring ever...which kills the game for me. I still own mine...best looking game in my collection.

False Despite not loving GNRLE, it's way better than Ultraman (the game I traded for it).

He was kidding. Right?

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's free speech and will never call for a thread to be locked or shut down just because I don't like it. Flame Ultraman all you want because some of it is deserved at this point, hopefully the code will be great in the end but the end is a long way off.

So your saying Ultraman sucks?

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Haven't played it yet but some like it and some don't, there are a few very vocal people beating the drum that it sucks for sure.

That’s odd it looks like you have it listed in your collection?

#160 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Someone could but I think a hundred FS adds selling for less then they paid sums it up pretty well.

Kind of a shame.Spooky got a brand upgrade with R&M!When I saw the upper horizontal playfield lighting wtf

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it is sad. Spooky nation just defends them no matter what and everyone that doesn't care for a title is a hater bashing it.
But enough aboot them let's get back to JJP folks. Oh wait!

A-?

#200 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Enough boo-hoo. You didn't design the game. Lots of us don't enjoy it. Just gonna have to make peace with that.

This reminds me when I commented on Stern LZ when it came out.I said the artwork and playfield left a lot to be desired and the Stern guys came at me like I had impregnated their daughters!

#203 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

“TheLaw: Hating JJP on Pinside for 10 years and counting” lol.

What the hell is this all about?You can count on this law dude to be at every negative JJP thread like a man on a mission kind of like Jimwet but not near as annoying.
Sometimes even logical.
I combatted with Bezelboob and a few other hardcore Zep supporters and realized what I was doing was stupid so I quit!!!Never do I go to Stern threads to just find fault

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The Law; owning JJP for 5 years.
I know I know...much easier to invent a narrative than grasp people can like/dislike games from all companies & time periods.
I mean, I may even go as far as to say GB is worse than WOZ!
[quoted image]

Doesn’t change what you do and sometimes with quite a bit of snarkiness

#207 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Everyone on this site can assure you that has nothing to do with JJP.

Ok

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And I agree with you about Zeppelin. What’s your point? That there is Stern Fanboys as well as JJP fanboys? I just don’t understand why people like you and panzer get so personally offended when people disparage a game you like.
As far as JJP flippers, you can turn up the power all you want, it doesn’t fix the sluggishness in them. This is the opinion of an overwhelming number of pinball players and it’s a problem the company should work on if they want our business.

I already addressed this issue awhile back.On the flipper matter I said they felt like B/W flippers but I appreciate what your saying and I’m fine with differing opinions.
As for as I’m concerned this case is closed.

#212 2 years ago

Swidgenwoo bitches

B36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpegB36D2B6D-EA05-49E6-AE90-8520F3C40EF1 (resized).jpeg
#219 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I literally made the same mistake. Last NIB was 2003 Simpsons pinball party. Then some dark days at Stern. And I will admit that their coil stops get replaced in my games quickly. 10 years later in 2013 bought WOZ buying the hype. Heck, the prototype was in a TZ cabinet for Christ sake. I sold TZ to buy WOZ. Biggest mistake I ever made in pinball.

And your still pissed?

#251 2 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And I agree with you about Zeppelin. What’s your point? That there is Stern Fanboys as well as JJP fanboys? I just don’t understand why people like you and panzer get so personally offended when people disparage a game you like.
As far as JJP flippers, you can turn up the power all you want, it doesn’t fix the sluggishness in them. This is the opinion of an overwhelming number of pinball players and it’s a problem the company should work on if they want our business.

The important point I was trying to make was that I learned quickly to not go on threads of games I have no interest in really getting or haven't even played and make derogatory statements.I don't give a fuck if you like JJP or not but I don't like the stupid bullshit that goes on in some of these threads.

#274 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:Wheres GZ, IM, DP, STh, AFM, JP? All those titles are better than the ones you listed.. including GnR. But like you said.. to each their own. It IS a beautiful game though. Artwork and lights are insanely cool.

Quoted from smokinhos:

Wheres GZ, IM, DP, STh, AFM, JP? All those titles are better than the ones you listed.. including GnR. But like you said.. to each their own. It IS a beautiful game though. Artwork and lights are insanely cool.

No one is trying to talk you into buying GnR.Why do you feel compelled to talk folks out of buying one?

#276 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, "to each their own" is definitely a strong-arm tactic.

WTF dude if you want the last word you got it.

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...but he doesn't because you just said something.

You just stay out of if this or I’ll jump back on the LZ art sucks band wagon again!! LOL

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Tsk tsk. Gen Alpha parents will tell the tale of the "Boy who cried Troll."

I guess I don't get your sense of humor like the folks here who know you better,but you just come off a snarky rich kid to me?

#298 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

KID?!?
Wow. Been a long time since I was called a kid. Doesn't happen often but I'm speechless; made my day!

Speechless I guess I’ve done my job then?

#302 2 years ago

Years ago I had a Roadshow.A guy here name of Thompson offered up a RS topper he conceived and built for $180.I thought damn that’s a lot of money for a topper I guess I was wrong.For one thing this topper was perfect for this machine and way better built the some of the overpriced things as of late!

1 week later
#326 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

These geographic burns always cut the deepest.
I can't tell you how many times I've been cowed, bashed, and owned by somebody noting that I live in New York City.
It's just impossible to come back from something like that.

Oh come now Levi you didn’t mention redneck or flyover country first?

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I’ve been a lot of places and most of the world-class cities. But the record for the most sidewalk shit is held by Santa Monica, CA.

Wow no shit?

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's like owning a boat. The two happiest days of GnR are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.
I too was so happy when I first got the game. It was an incredible experience playing it. Nothing else could compare to the technology.
Just wait. The honeymoon will end hard once you move past its exterior beauty and discover how repetitive it starts to feel.
Obviously some enjoy it, but this is the reason why so many GnR's are for sale allowing you to score a deal.

We kind of got the idea you moved on from GnR yet you keep coming back to tell us over and over again?

#373 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If you own a lake house with a mooring it’s probably a different experience. But when you own a boat that you have to pay to store near the ocean. Then tow to the ocean. Pay every time to launch it. (Better get there early before it fills up). After a long day on the water and the sun beating down on you, you have to tow the boat home. You’re exhausted and want to just crash, but no, you have to flush the motor, and get out the bucket of soapy water and a rag and scrub all the dried salt off the whole boat. Then, at some point tow the boat back to where you pay to store it. Yeah, after a few years, it’s not nearly worth it.

Note to self don’t talk yourself into buying a boat

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

buy a twin engine boat with a generator and full cabin and let me know if upkeep is inexpensive

If you can afford the boat you afford the bait

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess we're at a point where you can say "Ford" & "Only 80k miles" im rhe same sentence. Thats something

I’ve got two Ford Fusion Titanium’s
and they both have been bulletproof.Best sitting for along trip sedan!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 210.00
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 11,000.00
$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider romulusx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/why-so-many-jjp-gnr-s-for-sale-is-it-that-bad?tu=romulusx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.